So, Lit Ladies, what is it with Selfies?

MensLegis

Literotica Guru
Looking for a little input here. I know that guys think their dick is the most wonderful attribute they have to offer. So they click a few dick pics and send away. But what about women? I have noticed more and more Selfie photos by women young and mature, posted online here and there. Most of the time with no means of a viewer to contact them, assuming arguendo they might want the same.

Question is, why? Is it the thrill of doing it? Or perhaps it was intended for only one person to see? Just curious and thanks in advance for your reply.

Oh, yes... for example: https://68.media.tumblr.com/9fdd26564a63734b87a44a518cfc5998/tumblr_oe2pebWgGT1tjholxo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Not that I want to speak for others, but I'd guess that a lot of them do it for the thrill. They are happy and confident in themselves, and want to show that off.

I do it because it's enjoyable for me. I would say, more often than not, a woman is not asking to be contacted. It's that age old assumption of ' who are you getting all dolled up for?' . No one..just me.
We like the praise, the thrill, the anonymity of it (for those that remain so)...the tease.
I know I'm generalizing and don't mean to answer for everyone but the strange yet true concept is...maybe we do it JUST for ourselves.

I like when people know what I look like so when they say they want me, they mean it. I ask over my tumblr for that reason lol

I post lots of G-rated selfies on Facebook because, in all honesty, I require validation. I was made fun of for being ugly back when I was in high school (I wasn't, really, but hearing that crap from one's peers every day does a number on the ol' self-esteem). I've also aged much better than most of my HS classmates in the 25 years since we graduated, and I like lording it over the people who made fun of me back then.

As for the NSFW selfies? Only certain people get to see those.

I do it because it's enjoyable for me. I would say, more often than not, a woman is not asking to be contacted. It's that age old assumption of ' who are you getting all dolled up for?' . No one..just me.
We like the praise, the thrill, the anonymity of it (for those that remain so)...the tease.
I know I'm generalizing and don't mean to answer for everyone but the strange yet true concept is...maybe we do it JUST for ourselves.

This and i just feel like the selfies are better pictures when i control the camera vs someone else talking them. (Except my boudoir pics) i know what i want from the picture when i take it.

Looking for a little input here. I know that guys think their dick is the most wonderful attribute they have to offer. So they click a few dick pics and send away. But what about women? I have noticed more and more Selfie photos by women young and mature, posted online here and there. Most of the time with no means of a viewer to contact them, assuming arguendo they might want the same.

Question is, why? Is it the thrill of doing it? Or perhaps it was intended for only one person to see? Just curious and thanks in advance for your reply.

Oh, yes... for example: https://68.media.tumblr.com/9fdd26564a63734b87a44a518cfc5998/tumblr_oe2pebWgGT1tjholxo1_500.jpg

I don't know. I've never taken a selfie. Something to add to my "never" list.

I would imagine it's the same as when women post regular selfies of their makeup, hairdo, outfit, etc. We post them for ourselves, and maybe for other girls, but rarely for men if we're going to be honest. We're just enjoying our flawlessness that day. :)

Thanks for all the great insight. Its just one of those things I have always wondered about.

Anyone else?

Back