What's the hottest occupation for a female?

CC00

Virgin
Joined
Aug 19, 2018
Posts
7
Just wonder what occupation does everyone fantasize about and why. And for the writers how do you come up with inspirations for characters
 
Just wonder what occupation does everyone fantasize about and why. And for the writers how do you come up with inspirations for characters

Huh? People fantasize about occupations? Do you mean the characters' occupations? If so, then I like "independently wealthy."

My inspirations for characters come mostly from people I've met and/or known, though certainly not by any direct sort of route.

EDIT: Here's a list of my female character's occupations.

Housewife
None
Counselor/Psychologist
Nurse
Student (pre-law)
Legal secretary
Paleontologist
Ballet dancer
Weaver
Biologist
Independently wealthy
Waitress
Engineer
Actress/prostitute
Student (Econ/PoliSci)
 
Last edited:
In one dimension, iron wielding might be the hottest occupation for a female or steam ship boiler stoking.

In another dimension, I think that sports management for a pro football or basketball team could be made pretty hot.
 
I have a theme through several stories of pretty baristas in cafes. But I don't fantasise about the occupation itself, only the woman behind the counter.

Hmm, perhaps I do fetishise the act itself...
No, mine, Adam thought, as he watched her precise movements, her slim fingers reaching for a paper cup then gripping the tamper, pressing down the coffee, flicking the tap. As the steam rushed into the milk, her hands became still as she held the stainless steel jug, both hands around its body, judging the temperature. Perfection. The woman became a moment in time in front of him, and Adam gazed upon her. The second hand on the wall clock froze, tick but no tock. The ceremony had begun.
In these stories, the inspiration for my characters sold my coffees every morning for months. In fact, just about all of the counter conversation is verbatim.
 
The hottest occupation for a female character in an erotic story is one that presents a conflict with whatever erotic wish/desire/fantasy/inclination the character explores in the story. A stripper isn't a hot occupation, because there are no constraints on what a stripper can do. If a stripper wants to go wild, there's no dramatic tension, because stripping already is wild.

But a more conservative occupation, one the maintenance of which depends in part on preserving a conservative reputation, like a teacher, is hot. A teacher that has a desire to be a stripper is hot.
 
In Victorian England the Medical Doctor was almost a closed book to women.
Then came the idea of a Lawyer.
Then came the airline pilot,
and so on.

I think the answer is "whatever society thinks women cannot, or should not, do".
 
Just wonder what occupation does everyone fantasize about and why. And for the writers how do you come up with inspirations for characters
My recollection is that my male characters have fantasized about dating:
* Aerobics instructor
* Lingerie model

Most of my male characters wind up with college students because they're also college students.
 
Managing Director, Chief Executive or large scale business owner (not proprietor of a twee tea shop).
 
These threads would be a great data source for an enterprising psychologist that wanted to study erotic fiction as a form of projection.
 
Strictly my opinion:

For adult women (post college):

Nurse, attorney, doctor, nuclear physicist, professor. She's made her way in life, strong willed, self-assured.

Younger women (18+):

College students obviously, student-athletes, bartenders, waitresses. Girls working their way through school. Determined to succeed.
 
I second this...

I think the answer is "whatever society thinks women cannot, or should not, do".

And this for the same reason...

Managing Director, Chief Executive or large scale business owner (not proprietor of a twee tea shop).

A woman who can succeed in a male dominated profession is a person to be reckoned with. And I think that's sexy.
 
A lingerie model for Victoria’s Secret or a bartender 🌹Kant
Honestly, I like to base my characters to various degrees off real world people I know.
 
Last edited:
A lot of my female characters, if they have a profession or career or a job, turn out to be...

Doctors
Managers of some type
Part-time stripper
Executive Assistants
Mothers
Wife

or

I never mention a profession. Just that they work somewhere at something and it's not relevant to the story.

Most of my character are developed from people I have known over the years, except they all do things that I want them to do for the story, which a lot of them wouldn't... I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, but you never know. Of course all names and descriptions have been changed to the protect the innocent. Is there any adult who it innocent?
 
Last edited:
Since an occupation is typically used as a character trait, this feels like a bit like asking "Which hair color and length is the hottest?" Still, I guess I'll bite since it is a fun little question.

A lot of my female characters are college students, same for the males, so no cries of sexism for me. Typically, it's because my stories revolve around first-time discoveries or are conjured up from the ten years, five colleges, three states, and one foreign country I visited while chasing after my degrees.

For similar reasons, lots of characters wind up working in retail or food-related businesses. Partly because of their age bracket.

I like using nurses, partly because of their shift work which can make them available during interesting hours of the day.

Artists are fun because they have such a reputation for being free spirits and I've known so many.

Probably the oddest job I've used would be a house painter.
 
Hottest for me would be a dancer.

My characters are often based on real life people that I know. One of my characters in a novel is a combination of people. I wanted a person who nobody would like, so I drew upon qualities in people I know.
 
Executive for a major business downtown.

And i come up with characters and motivations based on ehst the plot is amd needs. I think of plots before characters usually.
 
Circa 1900 celebrity vocations for femles were MADAM, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER, AUTHOR, PSYCHIATRIST (then called ALIENIST), and SINGER.


Today my idea of a hot female vocation is ARCHITECT, I use a character named April Shower in my nbew tale. April was a real architect I knew about 1960. I knew one other but her name isn't cute. Virginia Shower was my teacher in school, April her eldest daughter. A few gals I knew were AVIATION ENGINEERS during WW2.
 
I'm going to throw in one here, Proctologist.

Pucker up boys!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
 
A few gals I knew were AVIATION ENGINEERS during WW2.

Miss Olive Shilling was one of the most important aviation engineers of WW2. She figured out how to stop the Merlin engine stalling during dives.

'Ringer' the second job on an abbatoir (slaughterhouse) chain is arguably one of the less pleasant jobs, and generally a male preserve, so that might have possibilities.;)
 
Bounty Hunter

9yHZJKE.jpg



Football Player

lfl-758x426.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago I worked in an organisation that had a significant number of female Chartered Engineers. Their hotness varied but their brain capacity was obvious.

By popular male consent in the building the hottest was an Anglo-Indian woman who was a software developer and team leader. She was just over six feet tall, with long black hair, a pronounced cleavage, and legs that seemed to go on forever when they weren't hidden by a saree. However the main attraction was that she was always willing to help anyone, totally unavailable because supremely happy with her husband and children, but would flirt with anyone male. She and we knew the flirting meant nothing but enjoyed it. She was even popular with the women because they knew she was no threat except perhaps to their men's fantasies.
 
Back
Top