Decadents & Dropouts OOC

Update

-Sandcrawlers keep us in, Phyliss and her new vamp companion get taken out by a couple of northsmen.

- Whale they meet in the stables, I end up getting met by a few of the guys who tried to capture me last time. Code of Theives says they can't try to get me again, but offer a reward if I help them get the girls. Thinking they can't possably know my one weakness, I follow them.

- They knew it (Read the posts for info) Basically, I agree to there terms, then stab them in the back by spelling them.

-We run off on horese (stolen) and meet up with a drow theif in the woods.

-The three PC girls get invited to a manison whale I'm asleep. Events insue, and me and my goods go on a search for them, meeting one of the men they stole the horses from.
 
is there any place i can jump into i seem to have miss a lot.

Meet up Koetia and the Northlander in the bushs. You might have an audiance with the owner or something, and the northlander decides it might be worth it to rob you.

If you need information on Koetia, just PM me
 
Sorry to be a bother guys, but I need to take a few days off.

Feel free to take over Marcus...and assume that Relic and Ludul spend the night together or whatever. And keep her tagging along if you move on from the mansion etc.

Thanks!
 
That no problem at all, because we all have to take some days off for reallife from time to time. I hope you will be back soon.
 
Just to keep track for myself, I continue the list ofevents where swordandsandles has stopped. The other players may find it helpful as well.

1. The girls are welcomed by their host, merchant marcus, and his financial advisor Aaron. Relic and Verialynn use fake names.

2. Bathing, dinner, meeting some guests. Aaron lures Phyliss into the gardens, where things begin to get messy. Marcus tries to seduce Verialyyn, but isn't so successful. A guest, merchant Ludul, approaches Relic.

3. Canut arrives with Koetia and Haerdon. Koetia and the barbarian hide, while Canut askes for the three girls at the gate, revealing their real names.

4. The head of the guard informs Marcus, who doesn't want to be disturbed now. He tells the head guard to get hold of the kobald and ask Phyliss for the names of her companions.

5. Ludul chases Relic around the estate until he finds her in his room. Marcus gets to Verialynn who retired to her room. Aaron is busy with Phyliss.

6. Canut is lead in and brought into the guards house. The head guard leaves to go to the garden to talk to Phyliss now.

7. The remaining guards try to intimitade Canut who is not impressed. He tells them about Haerdon and Koetia. The second guard sends a lower guard behind the head guard to inform him. He goes out himself wit some men and tries to capture the barbarian.

8. The head guard and the lower guard witness some naughty action in the garden and are told to join in, what they gladly do. They forget their mission, by the way.

9.Koetia distracts the guards who are hunting for Haerdon. The barbarian escapes. The guards give the chase up.

10. Haerdon manages to sneak back and invade the estate. He climbs through the window and finds Marcus and Verialynn.

11. Marcus has passed out and Haerdon is acceptet as temporary replacement. After this intermezzo he pulls back and dissapears, with the plan to return later.

12. Phyliss is brought back to her room by aaron. The two guards return to the guards house.

13. Alex, a drow merchant is the next one to climb through Verialynns window.
 
Last edited:
I think we should keep updating the events list regulary, because i will be gone a few days soon and would like to know what happened then.
 
I just got a full time job so I won't really be able to post anymore.

If you want, just assume that Alex tells Relic about the Mercenary Letter, and they both run off to the new job.

Sorry about that.
 
That is sad, but some things are just more important.
I hope everybody who leaves the thread (even if only for some time) will just post it here like you do.
We asume that Relic went away with Alex, and is free to join some day again if she likes to.
 
Thanks!

I might be back once I know my work hours etc, but it probably won't be for a week or two. Maybe we'll meet up at the Forges or something.
 
From tommorrow I'll be gone for about a week. Don't hesitate to go on without me. If you move away from the mansion, just take Phyliss along.
If I take longer, I will not object if Phyliss gets abducted by Haerdon or something alike. She will survive.
 
Your welcome.

Here continuing the events:

1. Alex is led to Relic by Verialyn.

2. Alex informs relic that she is needed for a job outside, so both of them leave the place.

3. The guards return to Canut and tell him that he can't see the girls for tonight.

4. Canut is locked up with two unhappy guards in the guard house. The night passes.

5. Verialyn wakes Phyliss and tells about Alex and Haerdons visit. the gorgon doesn't appreciate that the vampire allowed Haerdon to escape.

6. The two girls take a bath. Verialyn notices that two young servants are peeping.

7. They surprise the servants in a room nearby. Verialyn is seducing the younger servant.

8. Phylisss feels offended and retires to her room. The second servant follows and tries to smooth her.
 
Have space for a new player?

There is always need for casual players, or NPC, like example the servants, barbarians like Haerdon, etc. (The same goes for the offspring-thread "Serpents Tooth" which is a twoplayer thread, but always in need for the casual males the two heroines date)

As for steady players: The are welcome but should either be able to take up with the pace or give at least good reasons why their character isn't just interacting. (For example dormatevil who plays Relic; she isn't really out of play, but just gone for some time and might meet them again.)

Very important is to mark threads with either the characters name or "The Narrort - etc" if it is a NPC. If this is not done, we will lose orientation.
 
I am busy reading the IC to catch a feel of the story. I would like to be a steady player as I am here almost every day except Sundays and I love to write.

When I come to the last page I'll see if I can't slip my character in if that is OK?
 
That sounds fair enough to me. Just try to read everything so that you are in the story, and then you can fill in. The rules for posting are here in the ooc thread, but you might have noticed them already.
 
I have yes :)

But I'll do my first post OOC so that you can decide if you want it IC and then carry on from there
 
I'm not that familiar with the D&D universe. Would a dragon/human hybrid be out of the question?
 
It is not based strictly on the D & D universe, it is just somehow in the style of it. So there is no problem in inventing creatures, if they do exist there or not.
There are only three regulations.
1. The character is in some way a "monster" or at least an outcast for "normal" people. A human evil sorcerer/necromant could even fit in that description, but an orc. etc as well.
2. Whatever the character is (no matter which race, hybrid or magical creature), it should be able to join the group somehow. So it has to be intelligent and sociable enough to get along with the others, and the group should be able to enter at least a town or an inn without being lynched. (No characters that are eating the staff, for example.)
3. The characters should not be to large. They should be able to move in a building of usual size.
 
Gryph

Gryph

Age: 19

Race: Human/Dragon Hybrid


Tall: 7'0"

Bodytype: Big boned and heavy muscled

Weight: 480 lbs

Hair: Black and straight, tends to keep it short cut

Further description: Despite his huge build Gryph looks human, the only give away is his vertically slit eyes, a membrane that moves over his eyes when he blinks and the fangs he has instead of teeth. His voice is deep and sounds like gravel grating against stone, he has a short temper, but is big hearted.

Equipment: A short sword (that is used as a dagger) and a claymore that he tends to carry in his hand or slashed to the backpack he wears. The backpack is huge and can easily fit two fully grown deer inside. It is filled with food, water skins, sharpening tools for his weapons, pouches filled with gold of people who was dumb enough to attack him and a pouch with pendants that was made for him by a dwarven smith and blessed by a mage. Lashed to the backpack is a huge quiver and a bow.

Abilities: Due to his bulk Gryph can not really move silently, but he has had success in surprising people and monsters alike with his speed. Due to his parentage he has a natural born resistance to magic, though not fully resistant like a true dragon. Also his parentage blessed him with magic, primarily fire magic, but a mage once said that the older and wiser Gryph becomes, the more magic he will be able to learn and wield. Not needing finesse because of his power, Gryph lacks the grace of a swordfighter, but he did learn himself how to control his strokes and that alone makes him a dangerous foe. Due to being part beast Gryph has a great empathy with animals and sometimes he can even understand them.


---------------------------------------------------------------

All that he can remember of his youth is pain and suffering, how people mistreated him and monsters hated him. Growing up faster than he should have in a loving environment Gryph has become self sustaining and distrustful of anybody and anything. Having always been a creature ridiculed against due to his size and later when people found out that he is not as human as he looked, he tends to stay out of settled areas. Only recently did a more...acceptable notion towards monsters take place and he saw that monsters could live among people. Now as fully grown as he can be he still stands out in a crowd, but people tolerate him much more and he has even made a few friends among the warriors named Barbarians.

It has been a long tiring day and is sitting under a tree, eating some of his provisions when his keen hearing picks up a sound of a rapidly approaching figure, being blessed with the night vision of a dragon, he looks in the direction of the sound and is soundly surprised when a humanoid form bursts into the clearing, it's so engrossed in getting away that it doesn't notice him until it runs smack right into him. Not wanting to scare the poor creature further, he simply wraps on long limbed arm around it. The smell is strange human and canine all mixed together...could this be a hybrid like himself? Was she also borne out of magic like he was? Yes it definitely is a she as the smell is unmistakable. She is struggling to break free, whimpering like an animal caught in a trap.

"Be calm little one...I will not harm you...nor do I wish to hurt you"

Speaking slowly and sending out empathic waves of calmness, he can feel her struggles slowly decrease

"There there...such a good girl you are..."

The face that is turned up towards him is beautiful in it's own way and he uses one finger to gently stroke over her head

"We are friends...yes?"

A small yip of agreement is all he needs to loosen his grip, she doesn't run away, but turns to look from where she came from, a pitiful whine coming from her

"Ah you have friends in that direction and then you got chased by bad men"

She looks back at him and then back in the direction she was looking at

"Here little one, eat first, then we go help"

Gryph holds out the last of his meal to her and she accepts it, he can sense that she has limited intelligence, but there is more. An old saying springs to mind, "Treat an animal as dumb for long enough and it will become dumb". As she finishes her part of the meal he gets to his feet and stretches out, hefting his claymore he looks at the much smaller creature

"Well then little one lead the way, I will follow"

With that the creature carefully trots away on all fours and Gryph follows her at a leisurely pace, after trekking for a short distance Gryph notices that the it's starting to become lighter, he also smells woodsmoke.

"So they are among people then? Well no time to turn back"

Gryph keeps following the creature until she stops at the edge of the trees and looks towards the massive iron gates, whimpering frigtfully.

"Ah I see, well come along little one, they will have to see you to believe me"

He knows that she understood that she should follow him and that is what she does. Gryph walks up to the gate and pounds against the metal gate, making it shake and rattle

"Wha...Hold who goes there?"

"I need to speak to your commander...I have found a...creature that led me here and I am looking for it's owner"
 
Last edited:
Back
Top