The 12th Annual Literotica Award Nominations: Most Influential Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it may be time to start a discussion thread for the awards, Laurel ;)

I'm going to give my nomination to JazCullen as well, based entirely upon the number of readers and writers I've communicated with who have mentioned the stories and the author. We apparently share portions of our readership, and those email discussions make it quite obvious that Jaz has influenced readers and writers, helping the latter in a myriad of ways.

Personally I could not give a flying fig if they are one in the same writer (altho if they are then whoever it is is a very sad person to invent so many persona's, especially as at least one seems to be set up to just enter comps/noms (and on reading them the stories are all the same, not very erotic either)).
My point is this is who has influenced YOU to read, write and dream througout 2010. Not the self glorification catagory.

I beg your pardon, Madam, but after looking at your photo a few times, I can't discern if that's a photo of your cleavage or of your ass crack.

Since you made an ass of yourself by attacking me, I suppose the photo is of our fat ass. Whether the photo is of your abundant breasts or your big, fat ass, it doesn't change the fact that your fat head matches the rest of your fat body.

Next time, if you have nothing nice to say about a fellow writer, close your hole...all of them.

By the way, not that it's any of your business, but the reason why I have a few other identities is because I have so many stories and my page would go on forever, if they were all posted under one name. I find it easier to add a new one each year.

And how many entities do you have?

Have a nice day and try not making more of an ass of yourself by writing more stupid stuff.

Yeah I know exactly how you feel, I've written stuff that has been trashed by trolls, but thankfully enough the admins have mostly restored the ratings and they're almost back to where they were before they were sabotaged.

However I'm nominating JazCullen, she's helped me a lot to re-inspire my urge to write it had been pretty dead in the water until a few months ago when I started struggling with it again and got noticed.

I beg your pardon, Madam, but after looking at your photo a few times, I can't discern if that's a photo of your cleavage or of your ass crack.

Since you made an ass of yourself by attacking me, I suppose the photo is of our fat ass. Whether the photo is of your abundant breasts or your big, fat ass, it doesn't change the fact that your fat head matches the rest of your fat body.

Next time, if you have nothing nice to say about a fellow writer, close your hole...all of them.

By the way, not that it's any of your business, but the reason why I have a few other identities is because I have so many stories and my page would go on forever, if they were all posted under one name. I find it easier to add a new one each year.

Have a nice day and try not making more of an ass of yourself by writing more stupid stuff.

Wow.... seems I hit a nerve! LOL...
but my opinion stands
You cant bare critisism of your writing...
I write too..only 2 chapters so far admittidly but still a writer here on lit, am I nominating myself.. no, because I do not claim to influence anyone, I write for my own enjoyment and nothing more, the success of that is in the comments I have recieved by the few who comment on them, not in stroking my own ego.
I have not published and have no wish to.
I also have no wish to give a personal attack on someone who is giving a valid opinion.
I actually pity you, you had to resort to such vile venom to try and put a point across..I personally have no respect for ANYONE who would do that.
Oh and one last thing if you cant detect the difference between a cleavage and an arse you really need to gen up on your anatomy... might help the sex scenes :D

mate, seriously, show some respect, eh.

Wow.... seems I hit a nerve! LOL...
but my opinion stands
You cant bare critisism of your writing...
I write too..only 2 chapters so far admittidly but still a writer here on lit, am I nominating myself.. no, because I do not claim to influence anyone, I write for my own enjoyment and nothing more, the success of that is in the comments I have recieved by the few who comment on them, not in stroking my own ego.
I have not published and have no wish to.
I also have no wish to give a personal attack on someone who is giving a valid opinion.
I actually pity you, you had to resort to such vile venom to try and put a point across..I personally have no respect for ANYONE who would do that.
Oh and one last thing if you cant detect the difference between a cleavage and an arse you really need to gen up on your anatomy... might help the sex scenes :D

There's criticism and there's bashing. There's critiquing and there's a personal attack.

For someone who has only written two chapters, I apologize for not valuing your (ahem) "opinion" of my vast work.

Perhaps, you should remain quiet for a while and write. Maybe then you can see how challenging it is to write stories for someone like you.

Realizing how challenged you are in your reading comprehension, I dare say that I seriously doubt if you have read any of my work.

Now, fuck off.

mate, seriously, show some respect, eh.

When someone shows me respect, when someone does not attack me, I will give them my respect.

Moreover, I find it nearly impossible to show anyone respect when they are standing there with their pants down and their ass exposed.

By your avatar, your comment about showing respect, at the very least, is oxymoric and conflicting.

Maybe you were just being funny. I don't know but I can't help to realize that your ass looks much the same as Phoenixbreez's cleavage.

Perhaps, that was the point you were trying to make, by exposing your ass.

andtheend ,
If you are such a great writer why did you have to nominate yourself .Just because you have post all that stuff does not make you a good writer or qualified to receive this reward.
Quantity does not equal quality.
If all you can do to defend your actions is to throw out venomous slanderous remarks then i think you should try to find a new hobby. You should consider showing the respect you are demanding.
As far as you defense of having so many identities it does not hold water; their are many other authors that have more stories then you do and from their voting scores compared to yours are a lot better then you.
I would suggest you at the very least be honest with yourself and realize you only have the other is to commit fraud.

When someone shows me respect, when someone does not attack me, I will give them my respect.

Moreover, I find it nearly impossible to show anyone respect when they are standing there with their pants down and their ass exposed.

By your avatar, your comment about showing respect, at the very least, is oxymoric and conflicting.

Maybe you were just being funny. I don't know but I can't help to realize that your ass looks much the same as Phoenixbreez's cleavage.

Perhaps, that was the point you were trying to make, by exposing your ass.

since i just changed avs your argument is now invalid.

now, how about you stop being a cunt?

i shall, however, be ignoring your inevitable response. good luck. ;)

andtheend ,
If you are such a great writer why did you have to nominate yourself .Just because you have post all that stuff does not make you a good writer or qualified to receive this reward.
Quantity does not equal quality.
If all you can do to defend your actions is to throw out venomous slanderous remarks then i think you should try to find a new hobby. You should consider showing the respect you are demanding.
As far as you defense of having so many identities it does not hold water; their are many other authors that have more stories then you do and from their voting scores compared to yours are a lot better then you.
I would suggest you at the very least be honest with yourself and realize you only have the other is to commit fraud.

Have you considered taking a writing course, after you finish high school?

Oh, please, I'll match my work with anyone on the site.

I'm the big fish here in this little pond.

These other writers come and go, change their identities, get a job as an after hours office cleaner and then vote for themselves 100 times on 100 different computers.

None of these contests mater. They are all popularity contests. The best writer never wins. It's all arbitrary and subjective, isn't it?

"Oh, your mother just called you. It's time for lunch. Thanks for writing. Come back, when you're 18-years-old. Bye."

Last edited:
since i just changed avs your argument is now invalid.

now, how about you stop being a cunt?

i shall, however, be ignoring your inevitable response. good luck. ;)

Now who is being disrespectful. This is not like you, gernonimo_appleby. You're usually witty and funny.

Is it because it was one of your countrymen who I smacked down? Or are you Phoenixbreez and you are just defending your other identity, the one that isn't gay?

Hey, when someone gets personal with me and attacks me, guess what, I'll attack back. I don't back down. I'm from Boston. We fear no one.

The bottom line is here we're nominating the most influential writer and, same thing this year, as all the years past, suddenly all these new posters are nominating one writer.

You're an intelligent man. Doesn't that make you a little suspicious? I've read a few of your stories. You're an excellent writer, doesn't that make you angry that there are those who continue to shit on this site, just as they did last year by naming the other writer who wasn't deemed to be the most influential, as the most influential writer? Are you fucking tired of all the bullshit?

Why can't it be about the writer and about the story, instead of all this other lunacy? You work as hard writing your stories, as I do. It's an insult to all the other writers who write stories here and who never win a contest and who never get nominated. I can think of a dozen other writers who should be nominated, but we never see their names thrown in the ring. It's always these new writers that come out of nowhere with a legion of support fans who, coincidentally, just joined the site, as soon as Laurel posted this thread.

Give me a break. This is all bullshit and you know it, as much as I do. Only, I'm not afraid to write the truth. I don't give a flying fuck if everyone hates me on this site. I'm a writer who is true to his art.

So, hate me for caring. Hate me for wanting to have a fair contest. Hate me for writing too many stories. I don't care. Pick one, pick all of the above. Yet, until Laurel asks me to leave, I'll still be writing my stories and every year they get better.

I'll never win a contest here, but that's a compliment. I'm happy with the feedback and the e-mails that I receive from those who read and enjoy my stories. That's enough for me. I'm a winner in that regard.

It's about the story.

Last edited:
first thing i am way past 18
second with your highest voted score being 4.4 and most of your scores a below 4 stars it does not say much for your writing skills
i have seen authors who i follow get higher scores with there work not being edited i just hope you enjoy living your delusional life about being a great author

Everybody, just leave it be and don't pollute the thread any more. I'd say that he's sufficiently shown who and what he is for posterity. Let's get back to the nominations.

Everybody, just leave it be and don't pollute the thread any more. I'd say that he's sufficiently shown who and what he is for posterity. Let's get back to the nominations.

Nominatoins? What nominations? The nominations are a joke, just as they were last year and the year before.

Just as the voting will be after the nominations.

Now the lightbulb makes me wonder if you are JazCullen.

first thing i am way past 18
second with your highest voted score being 4.4 and most of your scores a below 4 stars it does not say much for your writing skills
i have seen authors who i follow get higher scores with there work not being edited i just hope you enjoy living your delusional life about being a great author

Scores? Bashers.

If you weighted my scores, if you removed all the bashing votes that I receive, more than any other writer here, all of my stories would be 4.5 and higher.

Just as after our little heated exhange, what normally happens is you and the other maladjusted whackos, who ruin this site for everyone, will go down my list of stories and fill it with 1 votes. Ergo, the reason why my scores are so low.

Any other comments you want to make genius? Or are we done here?

How's the office cleaning business going for you Dark?

I have no idea how you manage to clean all of those toilets and still manage to vote for yourself over and again.

A few personal observations about the posts in this thread.

a) I personally think it is egotistical to nominate yourself but it is allowed according to the rules I read on the sticky thread therefore Andtheend is entitled to do so.

a) Unless I am missing something I don't think you have to be a writer on Lit to post in this category. The most helpful editor category is marked as being for authors but the following line copied from the first post of this thread I think makes it clear that it's about enjoyment more than how their writing has influenced your writing.

In this category, please nominate the writer who affected you the most in 2010. Whose stories did you seek out and enjoy? Who made laugh/cry/etc.?

c) I did not read anywhere near as many stories in 2010 as I have done in previous years so I am not going to make a nomination.

d) Although this is a new user title I have been reading/posting since 2005 and I have to say I don't recall ever coming across most of Andtheend, Bostonfictionwriter, Carbuffstuff, PostiveThinker, WmForrester user names.

e) Andtheend is one of, if not the most self centred, egotistical and frankly nasty pieces of work I have come across on Lit, which is saying something, and on that basis alone I will not be going to read any of his/her stories. Post 56 is a good example of these traits.

f) I apologise to Laurel for continuing the misuse of this thread but the libellous attack on a personal friend really annoyed me.

g) This thread has had me pissing myself with laughter!!

you really need possessional help not only are you delusional but also paranoid do you really believe half the bullshit you are shoveling here

and while you are getting the help maybe you could try to learn a little integrity i mean the only way you got on the list was by voting for yourself. so just how good can you be

Now who is being disrespectful. This is not like you, gernonimo_appleby. You're usually witty and funny.

Is it because it was one of your countrymen who I smacked down? Or are you Phoenixbreez and you are just defending your other identity, the one that isn't gay?

Hey, when someone gets personal with me and attacks me, guess what, I'll attack back. I don't back down. I'm from Boston. We fear no one.

The bottom line is here we're nominating the most influential writer and, same thing this year, as all the years past, suddenly all these new posters are nominating one writer.

You're an intelligent man. Doesn't that make you a little suspicious? I've read a few of your stories. You're an excellent writer, doesn't that make you angry that there are those who continue to shit on this site, just as they did last year by naming the other writer who wasn't deemed to be the most influential, as the most influential writer? Are you fucking tired of all the bullshit?

Why can't it be about the writer and about the story, instead of all this other lunacy? You work as hard writing your stories, as I do. It's an insult to all the other writers who write stories here and who never win a contest and who never get nominated. I can think of a dozen other writers who should be nominated, but we never see their names thrown in the ring. It's always these new writers that come out of nowhere with a legion of support fans who, coincidentally, just joined the site, as soon as Laurel posted this thread.

Give me a break. This is all bullshit and you know it, as much as I do. Only, I'm not afraid to write the truth. I don't give a flying fuck if everyone hates me on this site. I'm a writer who is true to his art.

So, hate me for caring. Hate me for wanting to have a fair contest. Hate me for writing too many stories. I don't care. Pick one, pick all of the above. Yet, until Laurel asks me to leave, I'll still be writing my stories and every year they get better.

I'll never win a contest here, but that's a compliment. I'm happy with the feedback and the e-mails that I receive from those who read and enjoy my stories. That's enough for me. I'm a winner in that regard.

It's about the story.

The fact you're still pathetically whining and complaining about soular's win of last year in this category is ridiculous enough; you don't have to compound the stupidity by also complaining about the support being received this year by JazCullen, another young author with far more talent and influence than you'll ever have. Do yourself a favor and shut the hell up before you make even more of a fool of yourself.

Lostchicken said:
In one story, you can weep for loss, cry for joy and jump out of your seat in excitement. Each character is consistant, beautiful, realistic and their lives on the pages cannot help but touch you in some way. Every reader has a favourite and like so many, find themselves hooked each week waiting for their next fix.

I feel the same way about Jazcullen, and would like to also nominate her

After reading the funnies above, I nominate....

Geronimo_Appleby

He is inspirational, does not have delusions of grandeur and, does not need to go to great lengths to make a valid point.

He is the inspiration behind my up coming story 'The adventures of Fanny, the boy with the narcoleptic cock'

Basically, boy meets girl, gets back to her place, gets excited, cock wakes up and promptly falls asleep - Excessica novels have a brief outline ;)

After reading the funnies above, I nominate....

Geronimo_Appleby

He is inspirational, does not have delusions of grandeur and, does not need to go to great lengths to make a valid point.

He is the inspiration behind my up coming story 'The adventures of Fanny, the boy with the narcoleptic cock'

Basically, boy meets girl, gets back to her place, gets excited, cock wakes up and promptly falls asleep - Excessica novels have a brief outline ;)

well fuck me, i'm touched.

... and you're gunna make that sound like i'm touched - aintcha GS? :D

I am not sure what is going on with some of the voting here? Can people really have multiple user names and stuff the ballot box?

Anyway, I thought about it and the one author that influenced ME the most, by far, is danielQsteele1 and the "When I was married" series. I liked the massive responses, the interesting comments nearly as much as the well written piece.

It inspired me to try a series myself just for fun, so no doubt in my mind. DanielQsteel1.

MGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back