The Lion's Princess (Closed for Asa)

She smiled running her fingers through his mane. She loved having him close. He was closer to her than really anyone. She could not explain it but she enjoyed his company.

Nefer... I am happy you will be going with me to the palace. It is a boring trip taking most of the day or two. The pharaoh and his family are most kind I am sure they will love you.

She smiled watching as the bird she always enjoyed company sat beside Nefer beside her.
 
He softly grumbled and growled at the prospect of taking a trip anywhere, but he wasn’t about to leave her alone either. In the last week he’d never left her side, and he felt comfortable and safe with her. and he didn’t want to lose that comfort. Licking her hand he stopped grumbling, seeming to nod at her in resignation. Seeing the bird land on the seat beside her he poked at it with his paw, grunting slightly. The bird chirped and pecked at his paw and he swatted at it. The bird chirping, laughing at him, as it dodged and landed on his head, his face became that on annoyance and he just sighed, giving up and laying his head back in her lap. Hearing her soft laughter again however made him grin. Eventually they made their way back to her room, food had been brought in for him, he’d heard someone grumbling the other day about what it was taking to feed him. But he just swished his tail and smirked. Laying down he began to eat, as she went about her nightly bedtime ritual.

Morning came too early and he found himself annoyed when the knock at the door woke him, and he growled, wondering if he could get away with killing the annoying thing. The soldier informing them the carriage was ready to depart. Licking his paws he waited as she got ready, then proceeded her out the door and down to the courtyard. Too big to fit in the carriage he took his place beside her on the ground. He preferred to walk/trot beside her anyway, too much confinement for his liking
 
They rode along taking most of the day as they made their way toward the palace. Really Hing the city she was relieved to get out of the carriage as she was escorted into the palace. Given the rest of the day to clean up and relax from her trip she met with the Pharaoh the next day. Keeping lion close she smiled greeting the family and sitting with the Pharaoh and the council.
 
Nefer had been on edge all day, alert, while they traveled, stopping a few times to allow him to drink before continuing on. As they arrived at the palace his eyes widened some at the sheer splendor of it. His hackles raising some as new soliders came to greet them. He couldn’t help but growl lightly, until his females hand in his mane calmed him. New territory, new people, his ears were on a constant swivel, growling at anyone who came near, he could hear the exasperation in her voice each time she spoke to him but come on, what did she expect? While she went to bath, with some goading from Tikara he went with the servants, and they bathed him too, much to his surprise, he rather enjoyed it, allowing himself to relax, after a while, he knew she wouldn’t allow harm to come to him. They were reunited in a large room, with a huge stone table in the center, he sniffed at it, then sniffed the air, catching the scents of all in the room. Head cocking, he only half listened as each spoke, he knew nothing about strategy, or politics as he’d heard it called.

The Pharaoh began to speak as the room fell to silence, going into detail about the attack at the coronation ceremony, and the suspect they’d managed to capture before he killed himself. The attack came from a small clan of nomad hunters how trade furs and exotic animals, he stopped at that point and looked right at Nefer before he continued speaking, some factions apparently wanted a war, giving them a huge boom to business as demand for fighting animals or spies would be needed. He continued speaking as Nefer looked around, his head cocked, listening with intent now, he knew why the man looked right at him, the man he’d killed had been apart of them…
 
She listened to them answering what she could. The magi and the guards from her temple as well as the various ministers and advisors. The meeting droned on for hours. Ending with she and the magi agreeing to small platoon of soldiers dwelling in their lands for a while and the Pharaoh agreeing to a few more magi dwelling in the temple instead of the main city. Once it was over she moved to Nefer and snuggled against his mane.

Let us roam the marketplace. See what there is to buy to take home with us.
 
He Yawned and stretched, rising up he shook out his fur. Pressing his body against hers and nuzzling his head into her hand he walked out with her. They walked in quiet for a while, he sensed she’d had a lot on her mind, he bumped against her, rubbing his head against her thigh. As he’d expected, people parted and gave them a wide space as they walked, many startled to see him walking free. His tail swayed lightly behind him as he took in the scents and sounds of the market. His watching, constantly moving at every little thing, he’d allowed a few children who were overly excited to pet him, one even tried to ride him, he just merely sat down making the kid slid off his back in a squeal of giggles. The parents, seeing their kids around him both panicked and were intriqued, coming over to talk with the priestess.
 
She spoke with them and getting to hold a bless a tiny baby she knelt down as the baby stared in awe at the lion and tried to reach out to him unintentionally grabbing his nose. She helped a little girl on crutches pet him softly and smiled sweetly as the frail child hugged him and asked her mother if she could give him some dried fruit.
 
Eventually he did relax some. Finding himself suddenly the center of attention he inwardly groaned. But the kids he did grow to like eventually, they petted and played with him. Teased him and gave him treats, which he really liked, but it was the kid on sticks, his eyes narrowed as his head tilted, his nose flaring as he scented the air, he could smell the sickness on her, and…..something else….he walked to the girl, sniffing her, then his eyes met hers. She couldn’t have been more then 7 or 8, but her sparkling green eyes met his. He could smell the feline on her skin, she was like him, but……she was human? He grunted softly at the child, licking her hand, and she shook her head no, he grunted again and she laid her hand on his muzzle not anymore, she said almost inaudibly, but his hearing picked it up, he looked up at her, knowing very well that the childs “mother” and Tikara were watching but he didn’t care. He grunted again, and again the girl shook her head no, not since..well… the girl looked down at her legs then back to him. With a snort and a grunt he shifted his body, laying at the girls feet, and her eyes lit up just the briefest bit and she looked up to the priestess “can I please?” the girl smiled “he said I could ride on him if I wanted to”
 
Tikara nodded though tilting her head now a little at the child's words.

Okay little one. Nefer... Gentle...

She smiled to them before looking to a little boy who asked her questions about the God's and all manner of things.
 
Gentle? Did she really just say that to him? With a snort he grunted again, the girl wrapping her hands in his fur, burying her face in his mane, he stood. Circling a bit, letting the girl get a feel for the contour of his body and his muscles. Inwardly he was smiling as the girl giggled into his fur. He gave a growling huff, and the girl smiled “Yes, im alright, I think I got it…” she tightened Nefer looked up to Tikara and winked at her, an almost happy grin on his muzzle, with another grunt the girl just said “yes” and lowered her body down into his mane of fur, and like that he took off, the girl giving a squeal of joy as he shot between the market tents and out into the sand. He heard Tikara shout at him but he didn’t care. He ran circles and just ran around the outside edge of the market. The people stunned, but the girls giggles and squeals of joy kept everyone from doing anything too stupid as he ran near full tilt, his long body stretching out, claws digging into the soft sand giving him all the traction he needed. After only minutes he slowed, and the girl could be seen sitting up from where she’d been in his fur. The happiest smile on her face as he trotted back over to them, panting softly he laid at Tikara’s feet the girl thanking him again and again as she was helped off his back by the old women who looked ready to keel over dead. He rose on his front paws and nuzzled the girl, licking her face and chuffed a puff of air at her the girls face lighting up more if that was even possible, she looked to Tikara “can I really? Can we come see him again?”
 
Tikara nodded to the little girl.

Nefer it is nearing dinner time not that I would think even you would have any room left in that belly with all the treats from the children.

She said her farewells and collected the things she bought as they made their way back to the palace.
 
not that I would think even you would have any room left in that belly with all the treats from the children. He looked at up, his golden eyes twinkling, he gave a soft grunt and a purr and the girl giggled “He said he’s always hungry” the girl hugged him again whispering into his ear before they parted ways, he followed as they wound their way through the tents and the people, it had turned out to be an eventful day, he felt bad for the little girl, that she would never be able to run with the wind again, they made their way up the stairs and were greeted by the guards and escorted to the dining hall, he watched as Tikara was given a seat near the head of the table. The smells of the food had him licking his muzzle as he laid down beside her, small talk was exchanged as the food was brought out, a large plate of meat and bones was laid by his head and his eyes widened some in surprised, grabbing the largest bone on the plate he began to gnaw on it, his tail twitching happily
 
She enjoyed the meal and seeing him so happy. Puzzled at how the child seemed to think she knew what he was saying but dismissing it as the discussion turned to more political matters. Her hand moving to caress his mane to maintain her calm and peace as they spoke. Once dinner was over and they returned to their Chambers she curled up beside him staring up at the sky through her window.
 
They’d retired after the night’s festivities, the room and bed she’d given larger than her rooms back home. So much so that he’d been able to jump up on the bed and curl up with her. tucking himself around her as she laid against his side, his mane of fur a soft pillow for her after having been giving a bath by the servants here. he purred contently, his eyes closed, just listening to her breath as she stared out the window, his tail twitching softly, caressing against her leg and thigh, allowing himself to actually relax and let his guard down, the muted sounds from outside the palace just acting as background noise, he soon found himself drifting into a light sleep his breathing evening out. He didn’t think he’d ever been this happy and content before, and he would kill to keep this feeling, kill for her if he had to
 
Her eyes closed as she drifted to sleep curling up close to him. Her dreams of the attack since it had been dredged up in her mind again . She balled up closer still to him deep in her sleep in the wee hours of the morning... Crying. She was shaking and holding tight to his mane but still deep in her nightmares.
 
He stirred slightly, feeling her burrow into him, the first muffled cry however awakened him, his ears swiveled around, his eyes opening and he growled low, looking around quickly before turning his head around to look at her, she was balled up against him, buried in his mane and was crying softly, her body twitching and he growled again, casting his eyes around a second time looking for anything, scenting the air and finding nothing, he nudged his nose against her, a few times trying to wake her, but she continued to softly cry and whimper. A soft growled purr as he fidgeted, nudging her again, in his head he was telling her it was alright, wishing he could speak to her, wishing he could do something to help calm her. his constant low growl trying to tell her that it was alright, he was here for her would protect her. his concerned gaze fixed on her, willing her demanding she hear him, wishing he could do more. he licked her hand, her foot, his tail twitching irritated, and he shifted slightly curling his body completely around her
 
His attention filtering into the dream soothing her as she whispered in her sleep. Nefer-Bai... Good soul...

Slowly she calmed and the crying stopped as she moved to hug him and shifting a little to get comfortable again.
 
He breathed a sigh of relief as she quieted, his growling turning to purring, he continued to talk in his head, telling her it would be alright that he wasn’t going anywhere, he was her’s, and she was his. Feeling her hug him he smiled to himself, tail twitching happily, he licked her leg again and settled down. Eventually he fell back asleep. It was still dark yet when he woke, alert but he didn’t know why. His head lifting as his ears swiveled. Tikara’s softly breathing telling him she was peacefully asleep. Then his ear twitched, swiveling towards the door. He’d heard something that time, his eyes fixed on the door, the light streaming in from the moon making his eyes glow and reflect the light as the door was softly pushed open. It had been the door lock he’d heard being opened that had awakened him. He saw a face hidden behind a vail slowly peak its way into the room and he let go a deep, low rumbling warning growl that caused the person to freeze in his tracks, he felt Tikara shift against him his growl having woken her he assumed he rose to stand. The door opening, and he found the male had a spear in his hand but said nothing as he stepped into the room. His growl becoming louder as his teeth bared.

“guess I wasn’t as quiet as I thought if I woke you” he cloaked male said as he closed the door, he scented menace, hatred flowing from the male, and he knew this man was here to cause harm, his body coiling to spring, his teeth bared as he snarled, giving one last warning for this intruder to leave as he placed his body between the door and his priestess, “oh come now, im just here to kill the girl” the smug fucker said and that was it, he lunged at the intruder, but he appeared to be ready as he lowered the spear and stabbed at him, catching him mid air in the shouder, he gave a yelp of pain as the spear drove deep and the man used the lions momentum to swing him into the wall where he hit and bounced off, landing on the ground with a heavy thud, stunned, the man pulling a knife and looking to the priestess
 
A voice was heard by the deep recesses of her mind then she felt him growl. A groggy shift to comfort him only to feel cold floor not fur. Her eyes open as she saw him attack the man only one end up cast against a wall. She stood staring at the would be assailant she moved quickly having been shown where a dagger had been hidden for her if she needed one. The pharaoh wise and prepared yet could not fathom why an orphan warranted such death. She could fight he was told so weapons we're left for her. She went for the dagger first as it would move her closer to the sword also hidden for her.
 
The assassin watched as she moved around, he’d heard through various sources that she was a trained fighter, as she rounded the bed the dagger the assassin had been holding embedded in the dresser in front of her “that was just a warning priestess, I assure you, im veryyyyy good, with knives” the threat of the dagger in the dresser left unsaid, Nefer growled, panting on the floor, slowly awareness coming back to him, the spear imbedded in his shoulder hurt like nothing he’d ever felt before, and he felt a fire burning through his veins, his painfilled eyes watching, willing his body to move, and he struggled to get to his feet, grunting, growling as he glared at the male who only spared him a glance over his shoulder. “you were born from nothing but it seems you have gifts, and now you come from a powerful priesthood, “ he said, drawing another dagger from under his cloak “its nothing against you, but people want war with Egypt, believe they should be the rulers of this land. The Pharaohs And a death of a respected priestess, well, that should be enough to tip the scales….” The assassin smiled, waiting, anticipating the kill as he watched Tikara move around. Knew she was going for anther weapon.

Nefer smelled his blood, his body shaking with the pain, god it hurt, he felt on fire, like his skin was burning as he struggled to stand, a snarled growl as he was ignored. NOOOO he screamed in his mind, he wouldn’t let this man get near her, hurt her, god he burned, was the spear poisoned? He’d didn’t know what it was but he’d heard his captors talk about it, he forced himself to stand, but as he did he felt a riptide of fire burn through every muscle in his body, a rage so deep, rage born of fear, and he rose to his feet, and he never realized he didn’t stand on 4 legs, but he stood on two legs his eyes burning with fire, he pulled the spear from his shoulder, completely oblivious to his new form, and he roared, even in this new human form the lions roar that ripped from this throat shook the room startling the assassin and causing him to whirl, his eyes widening in sheer surprise before he had the spear driven through the center of his chest “SHES MINE!!” Nefer roared before he swung the spear, with the attached assassin across the room, impacting with enough force that the cracking and snapping of more then one bone could be heard. His chest heaving nefer threw his head back and roared, a deep bellow of rage that could carry for miles, every creature in a 6 mile radius would hear it,

Turning he looked at Tikara, his body covered in sweat, the clamoring and shouts of voices could be heard as the entire palace woke to the sound. “Priestess……….are you…….are you ok?” he said to her, before his eyes rolled back into his head, and he collapsed, hitting the floor with a thud having turned into the lion once more
 
She was shaking... Panicked... Confused... Had Nefer... Just looked like a man? She hurried over to him shaking.

Nefer... Nefer...

She called sobbing as guards and magi ran into the Chambers. Other palace animals calling out as well roars caws bellows and neighs filling the air.
 
Nefer... Nefer... his eyes opened briefly, a struggle, his eyes were unfocused, but he heard her sobs, felt her hands shaking him, but all he could manage was a soft whimper, his tongue briefly licking her knee, the only part of her he could reach before his eyes closed again. His entire body slumping as he fell into unconsciousness. His blood slowly pooling beneath him from the shoulder wound, matting his fur and his mane as the guards and magi looked around, seeing the broken body across the room, spear embedded completely through the chest and out the back, the tip of the spear broken and imbedded in the wall where the body had hit. They began to ask questions, none of them able to understand what they were seeing, and the amount of damage the magi said the assassins body had sustained after examining it, with no claw or teeth marks, but nearly every bone in the body having been broken probably on impact with the wall. Which suggested a massive amount of strength had been used, strength they knew she didn’t possess and the wound on the lion confirming as having been from the spear as well.

It was days before Nefer woke again, disoriented, his head felt heavy, his chest hurt like hell, he grunted, trying to lift his head, whinning at the pain that wracked him he let his head fall back, he was on a bed, he smelled something, he knew that scent, what was it…..he was sooo tired…..sooo…tired…….he heard a soft voice then, he knew that voice too. Tikara!! His head shot up, the fog clearing as it rushed back to him, the attack, the pain, he tried to rise, his eyes looking around, panicked, but that caused something in his shoulder to tweak and he bellowed, pulling his paw back against his body, easing the pain he felt he lay there panting, “tikara” he thought, “my priestess where are you”
 
She had not left his side since the attack. They suspected her rambling that he had become human was simply terror but Sekmet knew better standing over them personally as if knowing the day he would awake. Sekmet leaned down and whispered to Nefer

You have done it once remember that. Your priestess needs you like you need her.
 
He heard a whisper, he did it once already? What? God he was groggy, he lifted his head, eyes finally able to focus, he felt warmth against his side and turned his head, seeing Tikara asleep against him, her face stained with tears, he licked her cheek softly, pressing his muzzle against her. his tail twitching at her feet, tickling her lightly with the soft fur. He had to make sure she was ok too, things still foggy for him yet, just flashes of memory, none of it making sense to him right now. are you ok my priestess he wondered, his head cocking to one side as he saw her slowly rise up from his mane and rub her eyes looking at him
 
Nefer...

She smiled gently hugging him.

Are you okay?

Her hands gently caressing his mane.
 
Back
Top