The Isolated Blurt Thread XLI : The Day The Cat Came Back

Status
Not open for further replies.


Dominica— all but obliterated.


September 26 (AP)...the confirmed death toll rose to 27 on the small island of Dominica, up from 15 deaths previously. Authorities said 27 others are still missing there after Maria smashed into the island Sept. 18 as a Category 5 hurricane before taking aim at Puerto Rico. Puerto Rican authorities said the death toll there has risen to 16, up from 10 previously.

Security forces in Dominica also said they have now controlled looting that plagued the hurricane-battered island in recent days. The island has been under a 4 p.m. to 8 a.m. curfew since Maria hit, causing severe damage. Police say they have arrested 120 people, most for violating the curfew...



https://apnews.com/dca9fb6373cc4a6f...Department:-Hurricane-relief-around-the-clock



 
For the love of God, please put a sock on it.

l4ggVwZ.gif
 
I'm in Dickinson, North Dakota. Should be in Montana before the end of the day.

Feeling pretty, good.
 
I'm in Dickinson, North Dakota. Should be in Montana before the end of the day.

Feeling pretty, good.

I've noticed you're traveling the entire United States it would seem. From previous posts. Hopefully your trip is going better than the Griswalds did.
 


Fed Debate Over 4½ Trillion Balance Sheet Looms In 2017


(Bloomberg) It’s time to talk about the balance sheet. Eight years after the Federal Reserve launched the first of three controversial bond-buying campaigns to help save the U.S. economy, its holdings are stuck at $4.5 trillion, and the question of when to let them shrink is beginning to simmer...

...The sheer weight of the balance sheet helps hold down long-term U.S. borrowing costs, which is why the Fed bought bonds in the first place. If officials allow holdings to mature without continuing their current practice of reinvesting the principal, they could push yields higher by reducing demand in the bond market...

...Fed bond purchases distorted markets, increased financial stability risks and were, in the first place, an emergency measure, and so should be unwound sooner rather than later...




lots more:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...over-4-5-trillion-balance-sheet-looms-in-2017



fredgraph.png



 
Sweltering in September

My clothes were sticking to my flesh.

86f

nearly 80 for dew point

If this is Puerto Rico weather, it must be awful.

:(
 
I saw this today. Not my images. Painted Rock, ND.
 

Attachments

  • ca9509b338390930ce8a8eac51140f52--the-dakota-south-dakota.jpg
    ca9509b338390930ce8a8eac51140f52--the-dakota-south-dakota.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 0
  • painted-canyon-theodore-roosevelt-national-park-north-dakota-h2fya4.jpg
    painted-canyon-theodore-roosevelt-national-park-north-dakota-h2fya4.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
Passed this too.

Geese In Flight

Again, not my pictures. It was so cool.
 

Attachments

  • rsz_geese-in-flight-sculpture-by-gary-greff-enchanted-highway-regent-north-b0jj9j.jpg
    rsz_geese-in-flight-sculpture-by-gary-greff-enchanted-highway-regent-north-b0jj9j.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top