Love and her crazy life (closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,474
tumblr_nrdysyKESt1tpdjt7o1_500.jpg


To say that Kayla Selene Morzzo had a very divided life was the understatement of the century. From her mother's and father's sides of the family she had a very rich mafia history. Her brother however added a different angle to life. The war had changed him... Given him a unique skill set and "family". To keep his sister safe in his new world he had done something unheard of... Made her a fully patched member of his MC. Her title was " internal enforcer" he also knew that keeping her in one place was impossible at best so she was classified as roamer with the condition that she pop in and check on things every quarter.

Now for her side of her life. She was a cop in an elite squad the higher ups knew her lineage and did not care as long as it did not cross their desk as a case and she gave them an easy undercover angle into their own local MCs.

~~~~~~~

Kayla possible love interests.

6242.png

Member of the MC

Hugh-Dillon-flashpoint-15937927-720-480.jpg

Fellow officer

Joe-Manganiello-posed-photos-during-press-junket-Magic-Mike.jpg

Associate of mom and dads

~~~~~

Detective Morozzo you have a call on line one.

Winnie was the dispatch and desk officer for The elite negotiations team.

Thanks Winnie... Let me guess mom?

Every Wednesday...

Hey mom... Yes I remember... No mom... I remember... Mom the alarm just sounded I have to go.

She smiled as the Sarge hit the alarm for her aid in her escape from the phone. Hanging up the phone she smiled.

Thanks Sarge..

She made her way to the in house gym in their HQ. The only time really that the tattoo marking her as a full member of her brothers mc is visible. The team all knee about her membership in that world since it helped them with their own local MCs. She glanced over with a veiled smile from the treadmill. He was technically her partner even though they all worked as a team. However they were more when they could be.
 
Thomas Kane

Thomas dropped the weights back upon the holder when she walked in. His eyes always checked her body for any new wounds. An eye arched up when he didn't witness any. "Mom?" It was Wednesday morning and she had that look upon her face." You know the only way to stop her from calling all the time right?" He waited only a few seconds, "Go see her!" Tom shakes his head for this is also the same talk they have after mom calls. "Oh, also," he smiled, "So night huh?" He knew she hated them and she hated him for reminding her on it, but it was a rarity for him to say those words to her. He smiled from ear to ear. Gave her one of those secret kisses with his distant lips.
 
Oh yeah a trip down the coast to yet another formal gathering to celebrate an old family friends birthday.

She didn't hate her family she just hated having to dress up in all the formal gowns and her mother fussing over her appearance. She would get to see him but she could not tell Thomas that and as unfair as it was she could bring up his wife just like he brings up her family.

So you taking Lisa to that new restaurant she told me about?
 
Thomas eyed her with the playful evil eye. "Now that wasn't very nice." he looked at her with a smile. "Well since the mouse will be away, I guess I will play with the cat.". He came back at her. He cared a lot for his wife, it's just that Lisa has changed over the past few years. Her sex drive was completely gone from their relationship, she no longer likes going out on the town, she just wants to sit at home and play that game called FarmVille!

"Will you call and let me know you made it ok?" he always worried about her when she went on this drive. "Don't worry, I won't call, I don't want you to have to answer the seven million question game." he picked the weight back up and continue with his workout.

One day he will surprise her and make a trip up north.
 
Next they heard the alarm and Winnie calling out.

Incoming call hostage situation with shots fired 200 block of ValleyDale Ave... Gang task force already on site to cohead operation.

You heard her team let's roll.

Sarge barked out.

Thomas sniper one Aiden sniper two... Kayla depending on situation primary negotiator.

Copy that. Winnie get a gold of Mitch in Gang task force and get me all the info he has.

Kayla nodded and took off for the SUVs.

Aiden piped up...

That area... Depending on where they are roof of 208 or 229 would be our best vantage points any further down than that its gonna be rough find in good vantage points.
 
Thomas nodded his understanding. "I'll take 229." he grabbed his gear and headed for the van. "is it a go if we have a clear shot or do we wait on the negotiator." Thomas asked while sliding into his place. This was what it was all about, what he trained to do and was good at it. He only fell under Kayla's negation authority once and it wasn't one that was very easy to accomplish but she did managed to get the assailant into position for him. It was a one shot one kill. He hoped this was another one of those sucseesful calls.
 
Sarge piped up

Negative Negotiator is primary... Gang task force confirmed mc involvement... Steel fangs and and some Arian group who has been trying to move in. Gang task says fangs are good guys right now in this situation its some of their family that are hostages as well as the old man who they think has been shot. Kayla don't please don't go off the res on this please.

Sarge and the rest of the team knee that was pointless the whole original concept of the mcs was her world as well as being a cop.

I will do what I have to do and IF I feel sniper fire is needed I will give the word to whoever has the solution shot.
 
Thomas's blue orb strained through the scope looking for that shot that would end this with only one dead, but there would be several casualties from trauma, however, Kayla's job was to end this with no one getting the worse deal in this situation. He admired her for her ability to talk someone down, but also able to take them down the hard way if required.

He waited, the one thing that he feared the most was when she decided that the talk wasn't going well over the phone or the conversation through a window or door, for she would remove her weapon and go inside. He always got that lump in his throat and pain in the gut thinking of the worst.

He gripped the stock harder as he fanned from the left to the right waiting for her to give the kill command.
 
Kayla walked with Gang task force over to the mc members who were present. Talking with them for a bit she spotted some one from the other side of this emergency throwing one of their own in front of them. Gang task had weapons ready before the guy waved that he was unarmed.

Dumbass here told the idiots in there to do something to make a name for themselves before he would let them talk to the boss. This is not a sanctioned situation.

Kayla just nodded a look tapped her eyes that the sarge knew well from her. Having the tech guy block her com earpiece for a moment.

Guys... Be ready for anything she may already be off res in this one. Mark I need eyes in there tell me you can find security cameras in there.

Copy that sarge.

Kayla walked over to the door Caleb trying to keep her behind the shield. Kayla called out introducing herself and beginning the negotiations.
 
Thomas watched as the group moved up to the door, under Kayla's order. "Damit!" he felt that same feeling once again, helpless until she gave that damn Kill order. His finger lightly felt the trigger to his XM3 ready to kill the first fucker that raises a weapon toward the group. Kill order or not ..

Sniper one... Your targeting... Fanning swept order still in effect. I repeat Fanning swept still active! .... Kayla, Sniper one targeting.. Repeat Sniper one is targeting..

Thomas ignored the order as he switched his optics to air flow monitoring and pinpoint laser acquiring. "Not this time!" Thomas muttered he had a bad feeling about this one. Arian's don't fuck around. What is she doing!? He shifted his focus to the window..
 
Kayla's voice called out through the comm system.

Sniper one stand down now! Sniper one respond!

She knew she had this... Connect... Respect... Protect was going to be easy with this one. With what she was just told it was simple to her... This time no one needed to die.

How many in the subjects pack?

The guy on the ground growl out 2 as his superior delivered a slap to the back of his head telling him to answer. She got the one in charges name then began to call out.

Mike...This is officer Morozzo. We need to talk.

He opened the door and her hunch was right... A kid... Young soldier discharged from the military trying to find a place to fit in and another commanding officer to follow and have the approval from.

Okay... That's a good first step

Kayla continued...

I know that there is an old man possibly in there and some scared civilians... How about in a show of good faith that if any of them are injured... You let my associate here get them to medical safety okay.
 
Kayla’s voice came sternly over the comm for him to stand down and confirm his acknowledgement of her order. He bit his tongue as a stress reducing move that he has picked up over the years that helped him get through situations like this. He clearly watched her take control of the situation before pulling his eye from the scope and allowing the weapon’s butt to drop to the ground just as a few officers appeared on top of the roof to physical remove him but once they witnessed him following the stand down order. They were not as forceful when taking him off the roof. Sniper one is out of commission, Sniper two is now primary came the chatter over the comm link.

Thomas knew he was going to get hell, not only from the sarge, but from Kayla as well. He didn’t do this out of questioning her ability, but out of worry that this was the one where she was going to be killed. Upon being handcuffed and put into a patrol car, he lowered his head and slightly shook it with disbelief that he allowed his personal feeling for her jeopardize the mission.

Over in the Crowd there was another set of eyes watching the skill of Kayla at work. He didn’t have the birds eye view or the inside connection of what was going on, but was close enough to watch how the cops were reacting to Kayla’s talk. They seemed relaxed confident in her ability. Derrick was there watching how his boys were reacting to the Arian situation. He would have rather they handed it without the cops but this will only take some heated eyes off of them and onto this new Arian threat. A win all around. He smiled while fading back into the crowd..

Mike looked at the female officer with a distrust. “I tell you what, hand your weapon over to your associate and you come in here and check on the old man. If anyone moves in or anything else not only does the old man die, but you do too. Now get in here.” Mike backs away from the door giving her room to enter.
 
That is not how it works Mike... Look... I know you want a place to belong... I have seen way too many people come back home to the chaos of no more structure and orders to their lives... Wanting someone in command to live up to. The "brother in arms" that told you make a name for yourself was not acting under orders. This... What you are doing right here is not sanctioned by your superiors. I know its hard coming home and trying to make yourself fit in a world that just doesn't make sense any more. I also know from your military records... You went out of your way to protect civilians... Like the old woman you carried on your back to the med tent to help her live... Or the kids you played soccer with when their school was damaged. You are a good kid... And you have a choice to make here and now... Be the hero to those people in there that you were in the desert...

The sarge walked over to the car they put Thomas in.

Both of you... Really... She is about to go off res on this I can feel it and you ignore a direct order from the primary... Thomas talk to me... We have been at this job far too long together... What's up?
 
Thomas seen the Sarge heading his way. He lowered his head with a slight shaking to it. ‘Fuck I don’t need this’ he muttered to himself just moments before the Sarge opened the door and wanted to know what the hell was going on with him and Kayla. Thomas looked up at him with a calm face and tone of voice. What Kayla is up too you will have to ask her that, what is up with me is that we keep throwing her at the wolves without any nets. The big dogs just keep looking the other way, can you tell me why Sarge!” Thomas’s voice getting a little irritated. “Like right now she is messing with an Arian gang that has stepped upon the toes of the sharks and we let her just walk up to the door!” Thomas shakes his head trying not to say anything, but the anger is already played it’s hand. “Thank about Joe.” Was the last thing Thomas said..

Mike took a moment to take in what Kayla said to him. He hesitated as if having a flash back to those times. He shook his head with a new found anger. “Who said I need orders from anyone, Maybe I’m the one that should take control.. Look what I have done! I have taken the bite out of the sharks, nobody else has done this. Hell Yeah, I’m the new leader, ME!” He waved the gun about for a few moments before fixating it upon the hostage. “Now, I really like you so.. If you want this hostage to survive. You give yourself in his place. If not your wasting my time. I have big plans coming.” He eyed Kayla, “Now, Get in here!”
 
An unseen double tap to her com aslnd the tech was asking

Sniper 2 do you have the solution.... Lost cause silent signal given.

Yes sniper two has the solution. Taking it in three two one...

Silence as Kayla watched the kid get knocked backwards and a blood spray heralded her entrance side arm drawn ready yelling at the remaining two who were clearly confused and the old man who took advantage of the distraction and decked the kid closed to him. The situation was neutralized and moments later she was barrelling towards the squad car mad as hell.
 
Thomas looked up at Joe expecting something from him but only witnessed Joe's backside running toward the building in a hurry.

Thomas panicked as the first thing through his mind was Kayla got herself into trouble or worse. He struggled against the cuffs, yelling at the officer to release him, that the shit has hit the fan. But then Tom's orbs fell upon Kayla making a beeline right toward him.

She was pissed and slightly covered with blood spray.. Fuck! He knew what was about to happen...
 
Let him out of there before I rip the door off myself... NOW!

The officer quickly complied in time to see her grab Tom and drag him out of the car.

Don't you ever... EVER... ignore a command like that again!

To her that was a sign he didn't trust her or her ability as a negotiator after years of her doing this.

Issue solved with a corpse when it didn't have to be... Happy?

With that she turned walking away and nearly decking an EMT who tried to see if any of the blood was hers. Aiden walked over and unlocked the cuffs and following orders walked Tom to the techs van.

Dude seriously what happened up there? That is not like you at all. I may be the newest team member but Kayla can handle herself really well. Shame the kid didn't recognize her last name this could have been over long ago.
 
Tom watched Kayla walk away in a fury. She was right about one thing, there wasn’t a single good reason why someone had to die. Tom looked over the area taking in some of the glances toward him. He knew he lost it up there and the only reason was one name.. KAYLA… that was his weak link, that was the one thing that could make him do things he would never do on his own or anybody else’s wants. She was his life and now it seemed so stupid of him to worry so much about her. This was a cake walk apparently to everyone else for they were looking at him amazed at what he did.

He looked at Aiden, “Yeah I know, on both counts. But the third one, well I have no idea what is up with me.” Tom lowered his head again. He wondered if he would be forced to leave her team, or worse transfer to another division in another district. ‘Fuck!’ he muttered to himself. He looked at Aiden when he handed Tom’s weapon, “Yeah, I know kid, I fucked up.” Tom rambled as he took the weapon and headed back to the van.

“Detective Morozzo. A word with you.” Came the Captains voice from behind the EMT that she nearly decked for wanting to check her out.

With an arched brow he looked at her. “What the hell happened here? This was your operation and now we have a veteran sniper disobeying orders and a young war hero dead in a apparently easy talk down status.” he stared at her waiting for some kind of explanation.
 
She just looked at the police captain with a dead cold stare.

What happens was even with minor tweaks in judgement and we have again saved this town and your collective pencil pushing asses from a war between the mc and skin heads. Yes it unfortunately involves a corpse yes but you cause my team any issues there will be hell to pay... Sir.
 
The Captain returned the cold stare to her with a shaking of his head when she responded to his Question. He knew there was nothing he could do to her, for she had ties in high places that would just tell him that she controlled the situation and did what she thought was required. So with that beforehand knowledge he just let the issues drop, however, the other matter was in his control as he proceeded over to the special ops van. "Mr Kane, I believe we have some issues to talk about. With me now." The captain barked.

Tom looked at him and nodded, "Yes Sir." He walked with the Captain a few steps away.

"I need your badge and sidearm. your suspended until internal affairs completes their investigation on your disobeying a direct order."

Tom hesitated but then handed over all that was asked of him. He looked over toward Kayla before just lowering his head.

"Clean your locker out and don't come around the precinct until this mater is resolved." The Captain walked away with a rather large smile on his face..
 
Captain... He is in a specialty unit and one of mine not yours... Give me one reason to call your bosses down town... Like I said... NO Issues for my team or else.

Kayla was right behind him.

IA will not touch this... Any issue is a team issue and will be dealt with that way is that clear?

The sarge clearly backed her as he and the team walked over. Sarge still had a hand on her shoulder to keep her from completely snapping.

That decorated war hero took innocent wives and children hostage like a coward so unless you back the Arian group back off Captain.
 
The captain's smile faded to an anger that would burn in his gut for a few years to come. He handed the badge and weapon back over to Tom with a shove. "You get a get out of shit card now but don't bank on having that card very long. He eyed Kayla and Tom before walking away.

Tom only shook his head, turning away from the departing Captain, he headed back to the ops van. Listening to Kayla of what just occurred didn't even register to him when he was on that roof. Has he let their fling do so far that he has lost touch with what is going on around him? His mind drifted to Lisa, his wife and how he has been treating her. He had a lot of things to thank about now that this situation has opened his eyes.

"So now what?" Aiden asked, excited about the whole Kiss my Ass captain thrill, he liked the power that this unit had.
 
The sarge looked to Kayla with a sigh as he collected the team.

The captain has never liked one thing about our unit. Technically we only answer to the governor but still he can cause grief Kayla.

She just growled a little and headed to the SUV.

I will meet you all back at HQ. Who is riding with me?... Tom?
 
The team moved on knowing damn well that Tom would be going with Kayla. They knew she was going to rip him a new ass, for even if she did man handle the Captain here, he has many friends up the ranks that could cause a lot of trouble in the upper ranks that she wont be able to rebuke and with that they knew she would nail the reason for this situation.

Tom only dropped his head knowing well what was about to happen. He turned to face her and nodded, “Sure thing! Primary.” He shook is head in disbelief he just said that to her. He had to get a hold of himself. He was beginning to wonder what was really bugging him so deeply to where he would jeopardize everything. Was it the way she just tossed her life in front of a situation regardless of how it would effect others whom cares deeply for her? Was it that he was feeling alone for she would never really commit to him. Yes the sex was great but he wanted more, and she seemed to skirt around the subject, even though he had a wife he felt alone, was it this that was now causing his attitude? He had to step back and think this trough. Maybe her trip up north would do them both good.

He walked past her and headed for the SUV..
 
Once they were in the suv alone she took off both of their earpieces detaching them from team ears for now.

What's going on Tom? Normally you trust my judgement but today... What is so different about today?

She sighed

Is this about the talk you wanted to have about leaving Lisa for me? I can't make that deep of a connection you know that... With my brother's mc and my parents mob history... Talk to me Tom... Please.

The sarge had always suspected their affair but normally it didn't affect their work. She was used to death and he trusted her judgement. Did her brother tell Tom something or did she talk in her sleep. What happened... She would hopefully get to the bottom of it.
 
Back
Top