So how about a new thread?

I'm always looking for people to talk to. Good conversation is my aphrodisiac.

Where should we start? Got questions for me? Want to tell me one really cool thing about you?

Sure, I've got a question for you: what's your passion? Not necessarily sex-related, but what totally captures your attention?

As for me, one really cool thing I do is homebrew. I make my own beer.
 
an aphrodisiac for what exactly? why not just post a banal thread asking dudes to randomly stroke your ego and save everyone a lot time....
 
Really good design. I design most of the work for my business (which I won't get too specific about here) and I love the challenge of making sure all the pieces work together perfectly and are beautiful to look at. I especially love it when I can collaborate with others on those ideas. It's like the best kind of conversation. :)

Home brewing must be a bit like that as well, right? Figuring out what ingredients will result in the taste you're looking for?

They sound fairly similar in theory. For design you have to make sure all your elements fit to make one interesting theme or image. Homebrewing is a lot like that.

Gotta take the right grains, put them with the right hops, boil for the right amount of time, add the right yeast and then let it ferment for as long as it takes. A month or two later, you finally get to find out if the beer you've made is how you want it to be.
 
Yes, very similar indeed. :) many of my creations can take months as well. And of course there's no guarantee. You can be as knowledgeable as hell but there's always an unknown. Best of art and science. :).

Great mix, isn't it? I love that anticipation, hoping the beer comes out like I wanted, but wondering if I'll taste something unexpected when I finally crack the first bottle open.
 
Back
Top