Guys, I'd rather you

Guess what I'm going to do with my AC pic ;)

Whatever it is guys do with pics of air conditioners? I mean whatever moves your needle go right ahead. In fact there's prolly a thread around here somewhere about fucking small appliances or something.

Guys, I'd rather you just be yourselves. Start with an apology if you are so inclined. It's nice to experience a courteous inquiry. It's also nice to hear what's on your mind without mincing words. Whatever suits your mood and disposition. I appreciate them all. But I never answer....:heart::heart::heart:

Guys, I'd rather you just be yourselves. Start with an apology if you are so inclined. It's nice to experience a courteous inquiry. It's also nice to hear what's on your mind without mincing words. Whatever suits your mood and disposition. I appreciate them all. But I never answer....:heart::heart::heart:

I'm sorry, your right.

I am the opposite. The other day when I did this thread I got maybe 50 + pm's. Took me two days but I answered them all. I just feel like I owe it to someone. Now the stupid ones got a short reply and a couple I literally asked them not to pm back but that was the rare exceptions. I always try and answer every pm I get. No one owes me anything so if they go out of their way to say hi, I'll answer.

I am the opposite. The other day when I did this thread I got maybe 50 + pm's. Took me two days but I answered them all. I just feel like I owe it to someone. Now the stupid ones got a short reply and a couple I literally asked them not to pm back but that was the rare exceptions. I always try and answer every pm I get. No one owes me anything so if they go out of their way to say hi, I'll answer.

In fairness I agree with your philosophy. I find it a basic courtesy to give a reply to someone who took the time to send a message. those that don't I personally consider rude. On a separate not I enjoyed the PMs I received from beingtrue2me. Well worth saying hello to, and no I'm not being sarcastic I actially mean it :)

In fairness I agree with your philosophy. I find it a basic courtesy to give a reply to someone who took the time to send a message. those that don't I personally consider rude. On a separate not I enjoyed the PMs I received from beingtrue2me. Well worth saying hello to, and no I'm not being sarcastic I actially mean it :)

Thank you that was sweet. How much do I owe ya?

I completely agree Doog. I just don't understand why it is so hard for people to return a message. If you don't want a reply or you're not interested, just say so. It really strikes me as rude as well how many people just never respond. I know there are oversights sometimes but it happens far too often for simple oversight.

Umm...well, I think we agreed fifty? Right?

fifty spanks it is. Now what did I do with my paddle? You really didn't think I was gonna use my hand did you? Silly man. Ever had your nails done? That paddle is around here somewhere.

I completely agree Doog. I just don't understand why it is so hard for people to return a message. If you don't want a reply or you're not interested, just say so. It really strikes me as rude as well how many people just never respond. I know there are oversights sometimes but it happens far too often for simple oversight.

Guess you were one of the guys I told to buzz off? ooops.

Well ultimately it's a free country...err Internet (accept connection fees and contracts) okay not so free. But people are free to choose what to do on the Internet. Women who ignore a perfectly reasonable and polite message I find lacking in manners. It's one of the 247 reason I never bother messaging women here. It's very rare that I do it. I reply to every message I am sent, even the offensive ones. Because I'm nice like that. Ugh I could murder a steak.

We can pat ourselves on the back as much as we want for being exceptions to the norm, but at the end of the day that's all you are.

Numbers don't lie. The average girl on here gets dozens of first-impression PMs from guys every day. She also sends out very few first-impression PMs altogether.

On the other hand the average guy on here sends out dozens (if not more) first-impression PMs every day. He also receives very few altogether, and the ones he does, he questions their gender.

It creates a culture where women squat on their profiles waiting for PMs she can filter through like job applications; and men desperately try to stand out as something unique. Whether they start with a lame joke, push-pull sarcasm, over the top cat-call, or an apology, the goal is usually the same - "my approach is probably different than the rest of guys bothering her". When a bunch of guys send you a PM that starts with an apology, it's probably because they think your inbox is full of PMs from belligerent guys making cat-calls.

[As an aside beingtrue2me, women go through more hardships than any man could ever understand. I will never know what that feels like, the least I can do is never hold that against you]

(Snip)

Numbers don't lie. The average girl on here gets dozens of first-impression PMs from guys every day. She also sends out very few first-impression PMs altogether.

On the other hand the average guy on here sends out dozens (if not more) first-impression PMs every day. He also receives very few altogether, and the ones he does, he questions their gender.

(Snip)

What data are you referring to? I would love to see it. Not that I'm questioning you, but, the numbers, as you put it, at Lit are something I'm keenly curious about.

What data are you referring to? I would love to see it. Not that I'm questioning you, but, the numbers, as you put it, at Lit are something I'm keenly curious about.

raw numbers? no

But how often do you see a women reply "I tried sending a PM, but your inbox is full" in a thread.

raw numbers? no

But how often do you see a women reply "I tried sending a PM, but your inbox is full" in a thread.

That happens to me but I get through more often that not, and I get responses to PMs fairly often (even with an introductory apology). I don't disagree with you (or necessarily agree for that matter), but I was hoping that there was some sort of forum analytics that I'm not aware of.

That happens to me but I get through more often that not, and I get responses to PMs fairly often (even with an introductory apology). I don't disagree with you (or necessarily agree for that matter), but I was hoping that there was some sort of forum analytics that I'm not aware of.

Forum analytics? no not that I'm aware of.

But I believe the stats have been proven in most dating websites.

There's always exceptions to these norms, but that's usually all they are. People think that just because one girl replies to all her PMs that most girls do. Or because one guy gets a lot of PMs that most guys can.

it's all a farce.

Mike I was getting the impression before that you thought I was either lecturing men or bashing them. Neither was true. I was merely giving advice from how I see it. I also acknowledged that another fem poster was different in her view than me. She liked men taking that approach. So while I can appreciate that we all have different tastes, mine runs to men that are more self confidant. I will never bash a man for trying to meet me. I might think he's ten kinds of an asshole or he may think I'm the world's biggest bitch and we leave it at that but I won't fault someone for trying. That's all I really wanted to say. I like for men to be men. On here, yeah I have the advantage. Now, you're a smart guy I think. Tell me how I can get this same advantage in the real world. :)

Mike I was getting the impression before that you thought I was either lecturing men or bashing them. Neither was true. I was merely giving advice from how I see it. I also acknowledged that another fem poster was different in her view than me. She liked men taking that approach. So while I can appreciate that we all have different tastes, mine runs to men that are more self confidant. I will never bash a man for trying to meet me. I might think he's ten kinds of an asshole or he may think I'm the world's biggest bitch and we leave it at that but I won't fault someone for trying. That's all I really wanted to say. I like for men to be men. On here, yeah I have the advantage. Now, you're a smart guy I think. Tell me how I can get this same advantage in the real world. :)

I'm afraid i can't help you there. I'd have to walk a mile in a woman's shoes, which ultimately isn't possible. Just remember every time a cocky guy rides by you on a sport bike, remind yourself he's lower than you on the biker food chain, so you're not obligated to give a helmet nod.

As for the original topic. What drew me to your thread is the fact that women giving men dating advice has always intrigued me. Mainly because i think it's sadly not as creditable as women think.

If women knew as much as they say they do about women, they'd be able to hold onto a best friend for longer than a couple years. The mind of a woman is so complex and captivating that even women can't figure it out with confident conclusions.

A couple years? I have had the same close circle for half my adult life. Or longer. Friends drift in and out but the really close ones, the ones you laugh with and the ones that hold onto you when you don't know where to turn usually are there even in the rough times. At least mine are. Hopefully yours too. Men bond differently I guess. Some women can be so petty and jealous that it just irks the living shit out of me. I have no need for a "friend" like that.

Sport bikes. Nope. Not me. Too fast and they are not made for all day riding. My bike is. Come to think of it, so am I :D

Back