Long Time

O2

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Posts
255
It's been a very long time since I was last here. Hopefully my skills have improved in that time.

tumblr_nadi5eJlUE1ri5ffuo1_1280.jpg
 
I love Oregon and your picture. Very good. The focus was on the little bird
 
Thank you Nicki.

Wilson's Snipe at the Ridgefield National Wildlife refuge

tumblr_n6vjd0g3zi1ri5ffuo1_1280.jpg
 
Whoa!

These photos are incredible! Thanks for sharing. What lens were you using to capture these?
 
Thanks, the first was shot with a Nikon 70-200 mm 1:4G ED on the trail between the Torc Waterfall and Muchross House near Killarney Ireland this past August.

The bird was with a Nikon 80-400mm 1:4.5-5.6G ED last July.

If you want more specs let me know.
 
It's been a very long time since I was last here. Hopefully my skills have improved in that time.

tumblr_nadi5eJlUE1ri5ffuo1_1280.jpg

It's a lovely capture, but I'd of liked to see a but more depth of field. It's a little distracting having most of the bee out of focus.

On the second I would probably crop out a large part of the left hand side. That way it's less busy looking and the focus is more on the bird. I really like the out of focus foreground here, adds a nice soft touch.
 
Noted.....How about these?


tumblr_n6vjemHY631ri5ffuo1_1280.jpg


tumblr_nadifaHNQZ1ri5ffuo1_1280.jpg

The butterfly/moth is a much better execution, better depth of field and the composition works. Almost symmetrical.

The bird (what type of bird is it by the way) I feel is too centre composed for me. I'd still take more off the left so he is looking into the frame.
 
The bird is a Wilsons Snipe. I'll keep working on my cropping. Thanks!
 
Beautiful

These photos are amazing! I wish I knew how to take photos like that. Great work :-D
 
Back
Top