How to Figure Out What You Want?

Then it makes it a good way to go :) What I fear most is a grey passionless life, so I'm with RT there.

To go back to your 'what I want'... I think I've been there, edging on the precipice of terminal boredom. What you need are the sparks thrown out in conversations, that take hold in your imagination. We look at the ground at our feet too often and need people with vision to nudge us the right direction. It's out there - I doubt you'll find it here ... but it's nice having you :) :)

Thank you for the warm welcome:rose:

Love this: "Edging on the precipice of terminal boredom." I'm tempted to use it in my "Where do you live?" section.

Right now, I'm really just trying to fully live in the moment which is much harder than it sounds. Perhaps that is what I want?

You can always ask Siri.

Edit : Even damn Siri didn't know. What goddam use is an AI who only says "No comment" when asked what I want.

Though she does love me, because I asked her earlier.

I may spend too much time with my phone.

"AI's" are too intelligent to reveal themselves just yet. (But I'll ask Siri anyway.)

Thank you for the warm welcome:rose:

Love this: "Edging on the precipice of terminal boredom." I'm tempted to use it in my "Where do you live?" section.

Right now, I'm really just trying to fully live in the moment which is much harder than it sounds. Perhaps that is what I want?
Go for it... But maybe it sounds a wee bit negative! :)

Apparently, wanting things is what causes suffering. So next time someone asks me what I want and I say "nothing" it shall be in a step in the right direction.

Well there's "things", "stuff" material and I can see those could lead to suffering. I thought you were after more spiritual betterment? Thai chi can be good to help you find your centre ... That could work for you

Well there's "things", "stuff" material and I can see those could lead to suffering. I thought you were after more spiritual betterment? Thai chi can be good to help you find your centre ... That could work for you

Actually, it's any wanting of any kind that causing suffering. It's not necessarily material. It could be wanting the work day to end or wanting to get off the phone with someone you don't like.

Back