Curious about submittion category

BostonSmoker

Virgin
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Posts
2
I'm considering submitting a romance story about a non-blood related aunt and nephew. Should it go under incest or romance? This will be my first story in any section, so I don't want to get it wrong, since I've seen some authors get grief over it. Also, is there a way to tell how long a story will be once posted?

Thanks
-BS
 
I'm considering submitting a romance story about a non-blood related aunt and nephew. Should it go under incest or romance? This will be my first story in any section, so I don't want to get it wrong, since I've seen some authors get grief over it. Also, is there a way to tell how long a story will be once posted?

Thanks
-BS

Maybe some of the Romancers can give you better guidance, but from the little you've said I'm fairly sure that it doesn't belong there. Since there's no blood relationship it also my not be that well received in Incest/Taboo.

You don't give us any idea what other sexual pranks might be going on in the story, but unless there's something specific to some other category (group, mature, first time, for instance) then you might consider Erotic Coupling.

Or you could put it in I/T and suffer the slings and arrows, but you might get more readers.
 
I think it'll do well in the incest, even if there's no blood relationship. Depends on how close the bond is between the two and if they actually view themselves as a family.
If he actually views her as his aunt (i.e. if he grew up calling her "Aunt") then it'll do just fine in the incest category. You just mention the blood issue once and forget it.
If he grew up and THEN she became his aunt-in-law, then they are pretty much strangers and it won't fly in the incest.

What matters for incest fetish is the emotional bond as family members. Not so much the blood issue.

If a child got adopted while being an infant, will this make him banging his step-mom less incestous? No. Because he grew up with this women being his mother, and blood doesn't matter.

But if he's adult and his father marries another woman? Would banging her be incest? Hardly, because there's no emotional family-bond. That's cheating, but not incest.

I can tell you right away that this will NOT fly in romance and you'll get a lot of hate. The readers of Romance dislike any taboo - let alone incest, even something like fully consensual loving BDSM will be frowned upon by many. Romance on lit - is all about hearts and roses, infinite faithfulness and love.
 
Last edited:
Non-blood kin won't find favor in Incest-Taboo. I'd recommend Mature.
 
Difficult to say without more info about the story, but like Hypoxia said, if there's no blood relation it will, in my experience, get a lot of flack in the Incest/Taboo section. With the little you've given us, Erotic Coupling or Mature, like mentioned above.
 
Back
Top