A mortal in the Band (Closed)

They fixed him a heaping plate of food and welcomed him as Eden sat up on a rafter relaxing. Omen walked over and sat across from him.

Looks like you slept well.
 
He had a beer in one hand, the plate on his lap and a piece of meat in the other hand. He finished chewing and then nodded at Omen.

"Yes I did. Had some strange dreams though. But nothing too weird, just played guitar."

He gave Omen a grin and took another bite, "I haven't seen this much food in ages."
 
The people who call this place home with us see to it that there is all sorts of food.

Omen pointed out a couple of people.

They tend to go hunting... The kids love roaming the farmers market down the road and they love the kids so we get deals from them too.
 
"Hunting?"

He gave Omen a side-long glance

"In the city? Do you mean like bargain hunting?"
 
Nope farm land and woodlands south of town... Those burgers are deer meat. As for bargain hunting Liela deals with the shops in town for deals for the family since so much is bought in bulk.

Omen smirked and watched as the kids began to circle.

See he doesn't smell like a guitarist.... I told you.

Omen laughed.

Would you little cinnamon addicts give him a break he might like a different flavor of vum and candy.
 
Gum and candy...it was so strange to have children around, telling him he smelt different and Omen who at first seemed like he wanted to eat him, now sit here and chat like they were old buddies. It was just the enigmatic Eden who remained a mystery.

He shrugged and took a bite of the meat, "You know for kids you sure do have some strange opinions about people. Tell you what, with my first pay check I will buy enough cinnamon sweets that will make me smell like cinnamon and you can have it all then. Me? I prefer Musk."
 
Omen chuckled and shooed the kids away looking to him.

Find a different flavor the kids may have loved your predecessors obsession with all form of candy the rest of us got sick of it.
He studied him for a moment...

Questions... Thoughts... Ideas about the band brother?
 
He raised his beer in salute to Omen's words and took a swallow, "Musk it is."

He thought over Omen's words, while thinking he had a few bites from the meat in his hand, finishing it off and then leaned back, cleaning his finger tips.

"Well no not yet, this is practically my first day. Just a question about all the people, are they like your roadies or something like that?"
 
Just a community that is like a home. Really just several people like us... Outsiders loners. Some travel with us some stay here. In a way its the closest some of us have had to a family in a long time. But no one is tied down to one place. Kinda like the old tribes or caravans some keep camp others explore.
 
He grunted and picked up another piece of meat, "Like gypsies. Interesting You must keep this a closely guarded secret since the world on the outside doesn't really know about this."

He grinned, "That explains a few things about the contract, so when is our next practice session? I don't have a watch so I have no idea how late it is or how long I have slept."
 
Couple hours... Eden has a few matters to attend to but she will meet us in the rehearsal hall.

Omen shrugged and sat back watching the milling around of everyone.
 
He nodded

"Good, gives me some time."

He starting eating in earnest, his eyes taking in the people as they moved around. How they have managed to keep this kind of society a secret from the public was quite interesting.

He finished with his meal, threw away the bottle and paper plate, then headed to his room. He unpacked and after another shower, he felt ready for the next session of band practice, this time he was ready for it and knew what to expect.
 
Eden sat in the rehearsal hall she looked a little pale and distracted as Omen stood off to the side talking to a walking mountain of an older man who seemed to have more hair about him than most. Omen seemed to place a hand on the older man's shoulder every time anyone entered the hall. I large carved stone looking goblet was handed to Eden by a woman who had the air of "don't cross me" about her but also a motherly quality as well.
 
He was not really much troubled by the new people, though he knew that normal was the last words you would use to describe them. He went over to his battered guitar and tested the strings, then plugged in and slipped on the earphones. Listening to the scales as he went through them, then settled to a nice guitar riff to loosen up his fingers and to get into the mood for the work that lay ahead.
 
Eden finally turned her attention to rehearsal dismissing everyone in turn till she got thlo the big man Omen had been working with. He seemed less than pleased at the dismissal and appeared to growl. She stood her ground with him though talking low as she stared up st him. Omen stood back shaking his head to the man as he tried to argue with her. Finally the man backed off and walked out and Eden turned around walked to the piano.

Now then since that little fiasco is over let's sing... We have been asked to cover for the band Jamie's Soul... Their equipment truck was is a bad wreck so I told Sethos and Natalia we would cover for them tomorrow night at their usual gig at the Emporium.
 
He blinked

"I am sad to say that I don't really know them. I do hope that there is some papers with their songs on that I can use. I don't want to make an ass of myself on stage."
 
We are just taking over their show playing our music since they can't make it. So long night tonight and trial by fire in the form of your first show with us.

Eden smiled to him

You've got this... Let's get started.
 
Ah not cover their music, play Death Dancer's music.

Got it

He unplugged the headphones from the system and shifted the guitar into position, "Let's just hope I don't disappoint you then."

With a stiff smile, he waited for the intro and since they worked on the song, he could remember it, stepping in to play his part.
 
Eden smiled.

I am sure you will do fine.

She began the song... One that seemed to take her mind far away as she sang. Omen did his part but seemed to keep an eye on her.
 
He picked up that Omen was not fully there. Though not somewhere else, it was plain that something was bothering him about Eden.

He wondered if this had anything to do with the protective woman or the exceptionally hairy man...he shrugged it off and concentrated on doing the double job he had.
 
Rehearsal went on with no issue at all till Omen called it over. Eden nodded and smiled.

Sorry you will get used to it... Sometimes I just don't end rehearsal so you or Omen can.

She laughed a little.

Get a little too lost in the music sometimes.
 
He was curious as to the pace of the evening, it was not as forced as the previous one and though his hands did start to cramp up, he had enough time to rest them. He gave Eden a smile, "The music is what it is all about. Getting lost in it is just half the pleasure."

He fetched a bottle of water for himself and drank thirstily, then after tossing away the empty bottle, he got himself a new one, sitting down on the couch and stretching out his legs. It had been a good session in his view.
 
She smiled to him.

I thought you might be one to understand. Glad I was right.

Omen just shrugged

Don't encourage her bro...
 
He chuckled and raised his bottle to Omen, "As long as we can play music and she sings for us, I am all for the music. You'll see when Luna returns it will be much better."

He took a swallow of his water, he wasn't that tired at all, must be because he actually got some good sleep in. "You know what? There is still some time before sunrise, think I will go for a walk, get some fresh air and all that. Could you just show me the right way again please?"
 
Eden nodded.

A walk would be nice let's go.

Omen nodded to him till he heard Eden and brow raised.

You sure boss lady?

Eden just nodded and moved to take his hand ready to go.
 
Back
Top