"Because it's there."

Did you read bout the fight between a couple of.climbers and a.lot of sherpas at everest?

I saw that, yeah. Crazy shit. I don't know what to think, other than that those guys are lucky they didn't get killed. I have yet to hear the Sherpas' side of things.
 
I saw that, yeah. Crazy shit. I don't know what to think, other than that those guys are lucky they didn't get killed. I have yet to hear the Sherpas' side of things.

Yea.it has something to do with the three climbers dislodging ice or something that injured a sherpa. That's all i read about their side.
 
174-rs-650x487.jpg
 
Haven't climbed any mountains. Have no intention to do so. Went to Nepal to "feel" the climbing thing. Didn't feel it. Learned the climbers of Everest, and most other challenging mountains, leave a ton of junk on the mountain, as well as what feces their bodies allow them to evacuate. Aparently climbers climb because of the challenge and don't care at all for the mountain itself. Very strange.
 
pic21562.jpg


The west buttress route

This route required an aircraft to get climbers to the starting point.



footnote: I met Terris Moore in the winter of 1974/75 at UAF. As long as he was alive, the university had a room for him whenever he wanted it in the dorm that was his namesake.
 


Japanese Man, 80, Oldest To Top Everest

KATMANDU, Nepal (AP)

A Japanese mountaineer has become the oldest person to climb to the summit of Mount Everest, as Yuichiro Miura, 80, reached the 29,035-foot peak Thursday morning. The feat marks Miura's third time atop Mount Everest; he previously climbed the mountain at ages 70 and 75...
 
Back
Top