The General Commentary Thread

I've been thinking about this closest to midnight Sunday and all our different time zones as corresponding to Lit time which (mine) looks to be the same as the ones stamped with my posts. That would make my official WOTY time (wheel of the year) zero whereas Annie would be -5 and Cascadia +3 or summat. now the idea would be to add or subtract those hours from the time stamp to get the closest winning post.
ETA: Just confirmed it, I am a zero. :(

I've been thinking about this closest to midnight Sunday and all our different time zones as corresponding to Lit time which (mine) looks to be the same as the ones stamped with my posts. That would make my official WOTY time (wheel of the year) zero whereas Annie would be -5 and Cascadia +3 or summat. now the idea would be to add or subtract those hours from the time stamp to get the closest winning post.
ETA: Just confirmed it, I am a zero. :(

well beyond my meagre comprehension levels :D
what is the time we will se might be an easier way to define it, a simple search result should yield a time zone to be adhere too, for the most part my Monday is everyone else's Sunday

what is the time we will se might be an easier way to define it, a simple search result should yield a time zone to be adhere too, for the most part my Monday is everyone else's Sunday

I think Oz is -12 or - 13 depending.

See that's just what I'm talking about, and I think I got the +'s n -'s backwards,. I was wondering how close you got to winning last time but I see there was no cause to worry 'cause you failed miserably :D I think :eek:

wondering how to go for the title...or titties of Australia's leading erotic poet.....:D

See that's just what I'm talking about, and I think I got the +'s n -'s backwards,. I was wondering how close you got to winning last time but I see there was no cause to worry 'cause you failed miserably :D I think :eek:

lol, I posted my last somewhere around Monday lunch time, so deadline was well and truly shot to pieces, but it was written anyway just because :p

lol, I posted my last somewhere around Monday lunch time, so deadline was well and truly shot to pieces, but it was written anyway just because :p
Thought it was summat. I just left gm's thread I really like that new one and the reciprocal motion of the two characters.

Thought it was summat. I just left gm's thread I really like that new one and the reciprocal motion of the two characters.

I always read just don’t comment so much but much of what gm writes is just good writing

wondering how to go for the title...or titties of Australia's leading erotic poet.....:D

apparently, it's considered sufficient to self-proclaim it....

anyways, submit submit submit and proof-read for those damned typos/apostrophes (H is just as bad :eek: )

apparently, it's considered sufficient to self-proclaim it....

anyways, submit submit submit and proof-read for those damned typos/apostrophes (H is just as bad :eek: )

Lol, problem is I don’t submit to anyone :D

If apostrophes were my children I’d be arrested on charges of neglect ;)

Harry..... that piece has so much in it, it’s sensational in my opinio, I’ve always enjoyed your narrations when you delve into your riding days, you seriously took me with you to the point where I could feel the heat and the sound of the bike firing up in the early hours!

Harry..... that piece has so much in it, it’s sensational in my opinio, I’ve always enjoyed your narrations when you delve into your riding days, you seriously took me with you to the point where I could feel the heat and the sound of the bike firing up in the early hours!
Thanks, I was just reading it lamenting those extra 5 lines I didn't use. We had a power outage while composing lost about 8 lines toward the end. There were curses. :)
ETA: The bit about getting stopped was amusing, I explained my speedometer just happened to read only in Kilometers per hour and might have helped not getting a ticket as I told him I wasn't quite sure how fast I was going, a closer look would have shown him that the needle had fallen off some miles before. :D

Last edited:
Thanks, I was just reading it lamenting those extra 5 lines I didn't use. We had a power outage while composing lost about 8 lines toward the end. There were curses. :)
ETA: The bit about getting stopped was amusing, I explained my speedometer just happened to read only in Kilometers per hour and might have helped not getting a ticket as I told him I wasn't quite sure how fast I was going, a closer look would have shown him that the needle had fallen off some miles before. :D

Hah, best place for a speedometer needle is not on the bike :D

And then there’s me..... increase the line limit and I still can’t shut up in time 🤭

Thanks, guys. Nice of you to say.
The thanks are ours gm, especially for your last stanza of the new one in your thread today.
Hah, best place for a speedometer needle is not on the bike :D
I want to know if I'm fucking up. :D

And then there’s me..... increase the line limit and I still can’t shut up in time 🤭
Write until it's all out Tod. The last one, I cant imagine.
eta: the length is perfect

Last edited:
I like writing short ones (except Haikus ...... what is the plural of that?), I wonder what Freud would make of me? :D

Shows how long it's been since I commented on New Poems, only just found comments have to be vetted before they show!

Back