What is the worst comment you've ever gotten?

The only one that has concerned me, was an email sent by someone who obviously cannot differentiate between reality and fiction. I had posted a not HEA story for the Valentine's contest complete with a wounded window as an experiment for myself, and it received a number of positive comments at the time that even included *gasp* constructive feedback.
Last week however, someone left a comment that they felt the story had to be real from my own personal experience--it's not--and then sent me an email that started with beautifully written condolences for 'my loss', but then quickly grew darker from there about how the guy in 'my life' (ie. the story) was actually a huge jerk, and that I needed to give him the boot. The commenter then offered up disturbing suggestions of how he could be a more suitable substitute to 'help fix' me. As you could imagine, some of his helpful playtime ideas were less than charming. :eek:
Yeah...no thanks buddy...fix yahself first.

The worst comment I've gotten, disregarding trolls, is "this is a hot mess," and I agreed.

Wow, I've probably not been around long enough to hear such astounding comments. The worst is probably the ones that target the author directly instead of the story. It hurts when someone says something bad about something you made, but really there no need to attack the author themselves. (As if they could even produce a half coherent story anyway)
But the loving wives thing is weird. Is it because of some repressed reverse psychology thing? Maybe the commentors WANT to be cuckolded, but they can't, so instead they go and shit over a fictional account of the thing that they want but they can't have 😂

Wow, I've probably not been around long enough to hear such astounding comments. The worst is probably the ones that target the author directly instead of the story. It hurts when someone says something bad about something you made, but really there no need to attack the author themselves. (As if they could even produce a half coherent story anyway)
But the loving wives thing is weird. Is it because of some repressed reverse psychology thing? Maybe the commentors WANT to be cuckolded, but they can't, so instead they go and shit over a fictional account of the thing that they want but they can't have 😂

LW seems to be full of scorned men who have had a marriage fail for whatever reason, perhaps cheating, who knows? But they have become nothing more than hate filled lunatics spewing vitriol at an author that does anything short of having the wife raped or killed.

That's one faction, probably the worst, but there's a few others and then they fight with each other through the comments of the stories.

Its like bizzaro world over there.

Worst can mean many things- a comment that made you feel bad, feel angry, or silly, or a comment so oddly written that you just lol'ed and wondered if the comment was actually for your story.
Give us your worst!

Worst but funniest as well.

"You are a nigger lovin racist!"

Worst but funniest as well.

"You are a nigger lovin racist!"

Hahaha wow, WOW. You can't even make sense of that even if you tried!
This is gonna be my auto-insult now. Something so confusing it'll render other people speechless.

Don't attempt to psychoanalyse LW readers. Leave it to the professionals. Many of those readers are likely in the hands of such professionals, and the rest certainly should be.

(But to simplify, look at divorce statistics and you'll see why there's grievance against marriage stories. There's a lot of very bitter, hating people out there.)

The worst comment I've gotten, disregarding trolls, is "this is a hot mess," and I agreed.

Yeah, I got something similar, although I didn't take it as a bad comment.
"It makes no sense. This whole convoluted mess makes no sense!"- by poor anon.
I laughed evilly as I read the comment. Confuse people with story-check!

Hahaha wow, WOW. You can't even make sense of that even if you tried!
This is gonna be my auto-insult now. Something so confusing it'll render other people speechless.

It makes perfect sense. A racist is anyone who favors a race over another race. If you favor blacks over whites, you're racist. Unclear the of the sentence writer knew that, though....

It makes perfect sense. A racist is anyone who favors a race over another race. If you favor blacks over whites, you're racist. Unclear the of the sentence writer knew that, though....

Yeah I got that actually. Except you wouldn't call the race you favor the 'n' word. Except if you were black yourself. Which means they are complimenting your love for your own race. Which is a pretty odd comment to get.
And if you were not black...Ehhh 😂

I guess I can't argue that divorced people can become bitter and hate filled.

But....so many people, and I am one of them, eventually remarry and this time to the right person and are very happy.

I adore my wife, very happy in my marriage and I would not have met her had I not got away from the mistake I married when I was younger.

Its like other bad events, you can move on and enjoy or you can wallow in shit forever.

I've only published 3 stories so far. The most favored story has had NO comments. Not even one. The lowest ranked has had the most.

The worst comment I got was totally incoherent but full of hateful words. The story was my third, in the LW category. I deleted the vitriolic comments simply because they were mood killers. It's hard to get a sense for what works in a story when you get 30 comments out of 40,000 views.

The silliest comment complained that the protagonist was a slut (in a LW story) and urged everyone else to give it a rating of 1.

timmy

This is one of the first comments I received on my first LW story and to me it is really a good example of what you will get there

WHAT A FUCK PIG
11/02/12 By: Anonymous
I HAVE A SPECIAL FOR CHAD AND FUCK PIG FROM GREG'S POINT OF VIEW , A 6 FOOT HOLE 50 POUNDS OF LIME AND 50 POUNDS OF LYE 50 GALLONS OF WATER FUCK PIG AND 8 INCHES OF CHAD UP FUCK PIG'S ASS REVENGE GREG IS SWEET IF KAREN GETS IN THE WAY STUFF HER IN ALSO. it's all about equity isn't it.you story is pussy puss and has none as true 0 for story line and way too much descriptive sex at the end pussy puss. do better next time and remember REAL MEN GET AHEAD NOT EVEN.

Still wondering what exactly a pussy puss is.....

I've only ever had one really chilling comment, and it was nothing to do with the story, except peripherally, but it scared the crap out of me. After a long, rambling diatribe about how my character's mother was an evil bitch and should have been murdered, this person then proceeded to tell me how he would have murdered her, every step he would have taken, every base he would have covered, then ended with 'I know this can't affect your story, that's already finished and done, but I think and hope anyone reading this can take inspiration and pointers in how to commit the perfect murder.'

Ye Gods.

I deleted that particular comment asap, as in my mind it amounted to incitement, and the last thing I wanted was to be dragged into a Federal court somewhere as an accessory because some dement had decided I was telling him how to slaughter his family and basically urging him on and giving him explicit instructions by leaving the comment in place for all to see. The 'I love and want you' and the 'you suck in entirely new ways to suck' comments I can grin at, or cherish if they're especially barking mad, but that one went to a place that truly scared me.

Last edited:
beachbum: ye gods, indeed. :(

And I finally got one! It was email feedback (no return address) that said something like, "this story is terrible, this is wrong and that's wrong and it's cliche and you write like a high schooler and you should feel bad" and then at the end it said "but everybody seems to like it so CHEERS!"

I just stared at it and started laughing because... what? I couldn't tell if they were annoyed that other people seemed to enjoy it or if they were genuinely trying to be nice at the end to make up for being salty.

And it's true. I do write clichés.

I guess my worst one would be a toss-up between two.

With one, a "fan" decided to write a very detailed, three or four paragraph story of his own in the comments about his first sexual experience...when he was twelve. That one I deleted quickly.

The other was a reader chastising me for daring to write an incest story and not post a warning at the beginning. (I did use the incest tag.) Before I could even respond to it, a couple of fans jumped all over them defending me because it was two guys that were only cousins, and the entire story twist was based around them not recognizing each other at first.

This is one of the first comments I received on my first LW story and to me it is really a good example of what you will get there

WHAT A FUCK PIG
11/02/12 By: Anonymous
I HAVE A SPECIAL FOR CHAD AND FUCK PIG FROM GREG'S POINT OF VIEW , A 6 FOOT HOLE 50 POUNDS OF LIME AND 50 POUNDS OF LYE 50 GALLONS OF WATER FUCK PIG AND 8 INCHES OF CHAD UP FUCK PIG'S ASS REVENGE GREG IS SWEET IF KAREN GETS IN THE WAY STUFF HER IN ALSO. it's all about equity isn't it.you story is pussy puss and has none as true 0 for story line and way too much descriptive sex at the end pussy puss. do better next time and remember REAL MEN GET AHEAD NOT EVEN.

Still wondering what exactly a pussy puss is.....

But hey, the commentor's keyboard got fixed! :lol:
The all caps seems more offensive than the content of the message.

I tend to write longer pieces (20,000 words and up). I'm not certain exactly what time Literotica posts new articles but I laugh when a new piece is posted and less than an hour later, someone is demonizing the content, the characters, and me. Like they might have read the first paragraph maybe? Like most others have said, the LW commentators are a special category in the zoo all by themselves. For the most part, I respect those who post comments in the Novel section. They aren't always complimentary but they are usually focused and understandable.

Speaking of bad comments; I'd like to thank sr71plt for trying to warn me off of posting a Loving Wives story on one of my first attempts which included some borderline homoerotica . He did not quite come out and say that I'b be lambasted no matter what I wrote, but I should have asked more directly why he suggested Romance as the category to use when practicing my writing skills.

timmy

Speaking of bad comments; I'd like to thank sr71plt for trying to warn me off of posting a Loving Wives story on one of my first attempts which included some borderline homoerotica . He did not quite come out and say that I'b be lambasted no matter what I wrote, but I should have asked more directly why he suggested Romance as the category to use when practicing my writing skills.

timmy

That was a good warning, I cringe whenever a newish author goes there because I figure they may think all the categories are that brutal when most are fairly friendly.

You have to either be very thick skinned or have enough time here to realize what the crowd there is like and be prepared

That was a good warning, I cringe whenever a newish author goes there because I figure they may think all the categories are that brutal when most are fairly friendly.

You have to either be very thick skinned or have enough time here to realize what the crowd there is like and be prepared

Okay this is a total newbie question:
Why is it called loving wives and not cheating spouses?

Okay this is a total newbie question:
Why is it called loving wives and not cheating spouses?

One of life's mysteries. Presumably Laurel, the site editor, named the category. You could PM the question to her and let us all know what her answer is. She may have commented on this already at some point, as it's a fairly frequent question--I seem to recall that it was something like being about wives who were "out there," loving (someone other than their husband).

Back