HT .. move tings (as a ghost) ?

glheinz

Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Posts
209
She (Diane) was killed by ..(her lover, previously; now her murderer). But she's still there, as a ghost. She's able to go through doors, walls etc. But she can't take things, her hands etc. are going through the things.
Any ideas, how she detects the ability to move things (throwing stones, moving knifes, steering cars etc.) ?
Seid bedankt,
Heinz
 
I think I'd just have her make a discovery one day;

Diane was watching them again. If she could, every burning log in the fireplace would be on the sofa with him...with Suzy. Her frustration grew into rage as she pointed at the burning logs saying with venomous hate, 'Onto the sofa! Now!" A devious smile crept over her face when she saw the logs obey her words and her still pointing finger. Yes, things will be different from now on.
 
In theory...

The will and desire of an individual remain intact when the spirit moves beyond the body. A strong enough concentration of will, need, desire, and emotion; renders a spirit capable of interacting with the physical world. Perhaps, a focus on her unfulfilled neeeds, leaving her unfinished business?
 
Perhaps she starts small, as we all do with any ability.

In her powerless frustration, she notices movement in some dust. With concentration, she confirms it was her. She gains the ability to move dust reliably and, with practice, tiny things like paper clips. Take it from there.
 
What do you want of your ghost-ess?
  • She can stay distantly ectoplasmic, unable to affect the material world... except maybe as a ghostly voice pushing lazy minds to her will.
  • She can be subjected to magic or science to strengthen her grip.
  • She could gain strength by whatever means. Make it happen.
In my Ghost of a Chance the broiled spirits learn much of their trans-human existence.
With practice, they could materialize to various degrees. Stage 1: voice only. Stage 2: they could be heard and seen. Stage 3: visible and audible, their touches could be barely felt but nothing more. Stage 4: can invisibly manipulate physical objects. Stage 5: full material presence, but only for a short time.

Each higher stage took more energy and lasted for briefer periods. But stage-5 full materialization was well worth the effort! They could indulge in physical pleasures: eating, drinking, smoking, drugging, hot-fucking, felching, and tickling. Even stage-4 allowed imbibing and getting stoned.​
How strong will your ghost-ess become?
 
IIRC from a physics class I took long ago...

When you look at matter as being particles as opposed to waves, matter is composed of Hadrons half of which are Fermions (like protons, electrons and neutrons) and spin in a full integer rotation. Half are Bosons (like photons) that spin in half integer rotation. Being out of phase in theory one can pass through the other.

I suppose a rational explination of a ghost being able to both pass through solid objects and hold them is that a ghost is made up of a third heretofore unknown type of particle that can vary its rotational speed.

Perhaps this has to be learned through trial and error, so 'new' ghosts are clumsy forgetting to vary their rotational speed and colliding with walls, or being unable to grasp things. Of course the 'older' ghosts get a kick out of watching the ineptitude of the 'younger' ghosts.

In the throes of passion a ghostess may stop concentrating on her rotational speed and go from performing a reverse cowgirl on her human lover, being a mere stroke or two from a truly spiritual orgasm. (Does NotWise know about this idea? I'll plug 'Love is Enough' a romantic ghostess story.) To literally falling through him, the bed, and the floor before realizing her error and slamming butt first into the basement floor because she started spinning in full integer rotation again.

Or in a more sophomoric vein, ghosts can drink and become inebriated while rotating at full integer, if their default state is half-integer rotation then when they get shit-faced they literally loose it and it just dumps through them.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann
 
Last edited:
IIRC from a physics class I took long ago...

When you look at matter as being particles as opposed to waves, matter is composed of Hadrons half of which are Fermions (like protons, electrons and neutrons) and spin in a full integer rotation. Half are Bosons (like photons) that spin in half integer rotation. Being out of phase in theory one can pass through the other.

I suppose a rational explination of a ghost being able to both pass through solid objects and hold them is that a ghost is made up of a third heretofore unknown type of particle that can vary its rotational speed.

Perhaps this has to be learned through trial and error, so 'new' ghosts are clumsy forgetting to vary their rotational speed and colliding with walls, or being unable to grasp things. Of course the 'older' ghosts get a kick out of watching the ineptitude of the 'younger' ghosts.

In the throes of passion a ghostess may stop concentrating on her rotational speed and go from performing a reverse cowgirl on her human lover, being a mere stroke or two from a truly spiritual orgasm. To literally falling through him, the bed, and the floor before realizing her error and slamming butt first into the basement floor because she started spinning in full integer rotation again.

Or in a more sophomoric vein, ghosts can drink and become inebriated while rotating at full integer, if their default state is half-integer rotation then when they get shit-faced they literally loose it and it just dumps through them.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann

That is arguably the most plausible postulation on how ghosts exist and operate I've ever read.

That said, while using deep science (if I may use the term) in fiction can be wonderful, it also takes exceptional writing ability to carry off without sounding like a nerd's diary. I wouldn't be able to do it and I doubt many others could, either.

Star Trek didn't try to explain how the dilithium crystals contributed to being able to go faster than light. Star Wars never detailed the physics behind a light saber. Ghostbusters didn't try to explain the science behind their specter-capturing gear. The writers just required the viewer to accept that these things could be done and carried on.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, unless you are a superlative writer and there is a real need for it, trying to explain how might get in the way of a good yarn.
 
Back
Top