New security codes

TeamEquipe

Virgin
Joined
Aug 14, 2014
Posts
8
Is it just me or is anyone else having problems understanding or even being able to make them out?
I've had to use them twice now and it's taken me several attempts before I could even recognise one let alone input it correctly.
Please can you re-look at this. It's extremely annoying.
 
Maybe it will cut back on bots or Anonymous feedback posts?
 
they are almost impossible

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems understanding or even being able to make them out?
I've had to use them twice now and it's taken me several attempts before I could even recognise one let alone input it correctly.
Please can you re-look at this. It's extremely annoying.

I agree the almost are impossible to figure out and using the audio in a public setting is awkward at best. Fix this please.
 
Thank you for the feedback on the new codes.

We are looking at what works best for everyone.

Please keep in mind that if you are logged in, you should not see the codes. We know that some members prefer to leave anonymous feedback, but if you see the captchas when you're logged in as well as when you're logged out, please let me know.

Thank you again and please keep the feedback coming. :D
 
I was logged in Manu, I was trying to send an email to another writer from the contact tab on his profile.
 
I usually see them when I make a typo in my log in. I'm aware of the kind of thing they are since they're used by a number of funeral homes, but for some reason the ones on this site are even less comprehensible. It's simpler to back out and try again than it is to try to decipher what is wanted.
 
I ran across them again in reporting an inappropriate comment (somebody is selling their body or something) and I can't make it through the security to do so.
 
I have the same issue.

It's a bummer because it makes it harder to report that spam that's the flooding story comments these past 2 weeks, and it could reduce feedback and comments.
 
Yes, I can't decipher the new security codes. I've had to just go out of Lit. altogether and come back in and try again when I've typed the log in and that garbly security code comes up.
 
I'm in total agreement...

I have already sent 3 IMs to Laurel, complaining. It might do some good if everybody did that. It's b.S.

I have also tried to report some of the spam and just gave up. I also have no doubt that it's already cutting down on the number of comments. That's the only reason I submit here. Over the years I have tried to use those comments to improve my writing; heaven knows I need it. But if the comments stop I'm out of here.

Maybe it's time to branch out.
 
Man that woman with her secret room is posting like a bot! I reported several of her posts but did not get the security code.
 
Man that woman with her secret room is posting like a bot! I reported several of her posts but did not get the security code.

If you report them from the forum you're all right. If you report on a comment - and they're there - you run into the illegible code - or is it only one a bot can read?
 
Back
Top