Badger goes Berserk in Swedish Hotel

3113

Hello Summer!
Joined
Nov 1, 2005
Posts
13,823
From here:
A luxury hotel in central Stockholm came under siege early friday by an ill-tempered badger that refused to allow any guests in or out, forcing police to intervene.

"A crazy or stressed-out badger is preventing the staff and clients at a major hotel from leaving their cars, and from picking up their bags," the Swedish capital's police website said. The Radisson Blu badger crisis began at around 5:00 am (0400 GMT) and lasted some 40 minutes, when the police decided to take action.

"The stressed animal was refusing to leave the place. So the police called in the local wildlife services to settle the problem," the police statement said.

It remains unclear why the badger was angry.
Also, check here for a Swedish newscast of the "gravling" (that's badger in Swedish) complete with a quick vid of the menacing mini-monster.

I'm sure there's a good plot bunny here of a tourist who gets trapped with a hotel maid (or with a bellboy, your pick) as they can't escape past the angry badger.

Picture of this critter guarding his territory (kinda cute):

AA9sOAG.img
 
From here:

Also, check here for a Swedish newscast of the "gravling" (that's badger in Swedish) complete with a quick vid of the menacing mini-monster.
http://whywhathowto.com/howtoorderclothesonline.htmlhttp://whywhathowto.com/
I'm sure there's a good plot bunny here of a tourist who gets trapped with a hotel maid (or with a bellboy, your pick) as they can't escape past the angry badger.

Picture of this critter guarding his territory (kinda cute):

AA9sOAG.img


Haha well it made me laugh, I actually live close to where this took place....
 
Haha well it made me laugh, I actually live close to where this took place....
Oh, good. Can you give us a quickie translation of the newscast. I got "gravling" and "berserk" but not much else. I do like that word for badger: gravling. Really works :D
 
Last edited:
I was rather disappointed to find out the badger wasn't actually IN the hotel.
 
It's dangerous.

If it gets intimidated it will bite your foot until it hears a crushing sound of broken bones.
 
Tell that to the Dairy Farmers who have lost an entire herd due to infected badgers.

I'm not saying I'm against the cull - I don't live there and don't know all the issues. I'm just saying that I like the video.
 

I love it! The same guy must have done that and the anti-cull video.

I lived out on the prairie in a little farmhouse for several years, surrounded by corn, soybean and milo fields. One night while we were relaxing after supper we heard a loud commotion, squealing, snuffling whining from outside, our dog went berserk. Knowing that one cat was outside roaming I ran out in flip flops with a flashlight - like a fool not even a broom to fend off whatever it was.

The noise was coming from the windbreak (a long thick triple row of trees and brush to the North of the house, as is common out there,) and I ran over and shone my light in. All I really saw was two grey fur-balls squirming around, as soon as the light hit them, the larger one disappeared. The smaller was a large badger. In retrospect what I had seen was a coyote trying to make a meal out of a badger, Mr. coyote knew to disappear like lightning, Mr. Badger stood there, ignoring me while he took stock, shook himself and walked off complaining with a few grunts and huffs.

Everything was very very quiet then and about the time a great horned owl started his calls our cat appeared and walked calmly through the area where the fight had been, and on to the house. About then my wife appeared, with the shotgun. She had stopped to put her bra on!
 
This may be upsetting to the Mexican Literotica people. "We donlt got to cho you no steenking bodgers!" is a watchword down there.
 
Badgers are the badasses of the animal kingdom. They take on a pride of lions, a giant anaconda (I've seen a footage of a badger tearing into one such snake alive) or anything else that pisses them off.

Never mess with a disgruntled badger.
 
This may be upsetting to the Mexican Literotica people. "We donlt got to cho you no steenking bodgers!" is a watchword down there.

"What bodgers, we don't need no steenkin' bodgers!"

Badgers are the badasses of the animal kingdom. They take on a pride of lions, a giant anaconda (I've seen a footage of a badger tearing into one such snake alive) or anything else that pisses them off.

Never mess with a disgruntled badger.

Where we lived, the badgers would burrow, apparently digging out the burrows of the thirteen striped ground squirrels, it didn't matter where, they dug. It was all gravel roads there and not uncommon to have badger holes in the roads, they were very destructive, but families with young ones were cute.

The animals to watch for at night were aggressive skunks, nearly as big and they had no fear, the occasional daytime skunks were said to have rabies and since there was no animal control dept in our county, we were asked to shoot them ourselves, and bury them deep enough that the coyotes wouldn't dig them up.

Of course for drivers deer cause the most damage.
 
Back
Top