Stockings as casual daily wear?

I wear pantyhose virtually everyday but I do wear stockings when I want to feel extra sexy. I use the lacy top stay ups. I wear legwarmers on especially cold days...drives the older guys wild!

I don't care to wear stockings very often. For when I do, a good quality garter belt is a sound investment.

I have thought about wearing heavier tights till I get to the office and then taking them off. I don't because I don't want other girls commenting and it makes choosing footwear more difficult.

Hey pervs! 🙋

I have some questions about wearing stockings on a regular basis, as part of a casual wardrobe. Any tips or input would be appreciated.

(Asking for a friend. ;) )

1. It's winter here - brrr! What sort of stockings can be worn to actually keep the legs, you know, warm?

2. The current set-up is not working in terms of actually holding the stockings UP. There seems to be a problematic lack of grippage, and I'm not sure if it's the stockings or the garter clips. Thoughts?

3. Does anyone use 6-drop garters/suspenders rather than 4-drop? How do you like them? Are they harder to find? Noticeably more expensive? Which do you prefer?

Thanks again for any suggestions!

I always had function problems with garters as well and stockings rolling down. The best solution I found for stockings was going with full pantyhose if you want the feel of the material. Garters to me have always been more trouble then they're worth. Another option that did work better was over the knee socks. I found they stayed up a lot better on their own.

My garter belt has arrived!

Looks and feels good, on first try; it could maybe be a bit smaller around the waist, but that's the smallest size they had. I'll do an out-and-about-test ASAP.

so I tested the garter belt today and it worked perfectly! no clips came off and wearing it was very comfortable.

thanks again to everyone for their helpful tips and suggestions! :rose:

ok, another question, just out of curiosity: do you wear your knickers over or under the garter belt? if you wear them under, how do you go to the loo?

I'm also wondering how women 70+ years ago wore them, especially with girdles as well. does anyone have any information on the history of peeing with girdles/garters on? :D

ok, another question, just out of curiosity: do you wear your knickers over or under the garter belt? if you wear them under, how do you go to the loo?

I'm also wondering how women 70+ years ago wore them, especially with girdles as well. does anyone have any information on the history of peeing with girdles/garters on? :D

Man! I have seriously got to learn when to quit. I read something here and get curious and go looking stuff up.

And now I know more about women's undergarments in the 20s, 30s, and 40s than I ever wanted to know.

Keep in mind that I'm irresolutely male without any crossdressing tendencies, but here's what I found...

Apparently in the 30s and early 40s, people did away with "unnecessary" undergarments such as undershirts and garters and so forth. From what I'm able to glean, it had to as much with rubber shortage (seriously, that's what it said!) as it did with short finances. Starting post WWII (1945), they were readopted along with the more frivolous outer clothing returning to using more material.

(Who knew short skirts actually came about to save money by saving material? Not me!)

Any road, I narrowed down my focus to garters, girdles, and so forth because by this time I was seriously curious enough to get any twenty cats road raged. (And thanking God I'm male and can go with the Union Suit with handy flaps if it's all that cold.)

From what I was able to tell, girdles were not worn as a separate garment, but were either incorporated into the control top of the garter belt or forgone in favor of "panties".

Apparently, crotchless isn't all that new and didn't start for the reasons my perverted mind would have thought. However, most women seemed to be of the mind "why bother if there is a big hole right in the middle?"

A small percentage (judging from what I was able to find) went with panties over the garters, but there was some commentary that it was a) hard on the elastic leg holes and b) the binding elastic tended to make the straps cut into the flesh.

"Wearing my panties under the garter was just more comfortable. And I was always able to get them low enough to be out of the danger zone when I had to pee or poo."

And at that point, I was feeling a need to adjust my crotch or groom my mustache or go drive a nail through a piece of wood or something to reaffirm my machismo, so I stopped looking. And renewed my perennial vow to be more selective about just when I let my curiosity, my life long curse, off it's leash. :eek:

Unless you're the subject of a photo shoot (in which case the lines look better if the straps go outside the knickers), it's much more practical to wear knickers over the straps. That's what Tinglebliss does, anyway, and it was almost a precondition for her wearing them out and about. I'm not complaining: it makes knickers easier to remove for other reasons. :D

Man! I have seriously got to learn when to quit. I read something here and get curious and go looking stuff up.

And now I know more about women's undergarments in the 20s, 30s, and 40s than I ever wanted to know.

Keep in mind that I'm irresolutely male without any crossdressing tendencies, but here's what I found...

Apparently in the 30s and early 40s, people did away with "unnecessary" undergarments such as undershirts and garters and so forth. From what I'm able to glean, it had to as much with rubber shortage (seriously, that's what it said!) as it did with short finances. Starting post WWII (1945), they were readopted along with the more frivolous outer clothing returning to using more material.

(Who knew short skirts actually came about to save money by saving material? Not me!)

Any road, I narrowed down my focus to garters, girdles, and so forth because by this time I was seriously curious enough to get any twenty cats road raged. (And thanking God I'm male and can go with the Union Suit with handy flaps if it's all that cold.)

From what I was able to tell, girdles were not worn as a separate garment, but were either incorporated into the control top of the garter belt or forgone in favor of "panties".

Apparently, crotchless isn't all that new and didn't start for the reasons my perverted mind would have thought. However, most women seemed to be of the mind "why bother if there is a big hole right in the middle?"

A small percentage (judging from what I was able to find) went with panties over the garters, but there was some commentary that it was a) hard on the elastic leg holes and b) the binding elastic tended to make the straps cut into the flesh.

"Wearing my panties under the garter was just more comfortable. And I was always able to get them low enough to be out of the danger zone when I had to pee or poo."

And at that point, I was feeling a need to adjust my crotch or groom my mustache or go drive a nail through a piece of wood or something to reaffirm my machismo, so I stopped looking. And renewed my perennial vow to be more selective about just when I let my curiosity, my life long curse, off it's leash. :eek:

Haha! thanks!

I did some research as well and found these:

e8dce9535ee353d7765eabbb92260a40--vintage-underwear-lingerie-vintage.jpg

50747344ba5e659e9c80f467b85e96ba.jpg

so at least some women wore the knickers over the garters.

Unless you're the subject of a photo shoot (in which case the lines look better if the straps go outside the knickers), it's much more practical to wear knickers over the straps. That's what Tinglebliss does, anyway, and it was almost a precondition for her wearing them out and about. I'm not complaining: it makes knickers easier to remove for other reasons. :D

that's how I'll wear mine, I think; much more practical.

in other news: due to lack of thick thigh-high stockings (they seem to be difficult to find and expensive), I just cut off all my 70 and 100 denier tights! I won't be needing them anymore anyway :D

Wow, this is great, thanks!

I remember girdles with garters attached. My mother didn't wear them, so I must have seen them in the Sears and Penney's catalogues.

Related: before feminine pads had adhesive backs, they had to be worn with a belt of their own.

A good girdle is the Bomb! 6 metal adjustable clips, minimum.

I recommend What Katie Did.

Buy "tall" opaque sticking, pull them all the way up, and between them and your girdle, you'll be toasty!

A good girdle is the Bomb! 6 metal adjustable clips, minimum.

I recommend What Katie Did.

Buy "tall" opaque sticking, pull them all the way up, and between them and your girdle, you'll be toasty!

hmmm, I'm not sure I want to go for girdles. also, I actually look at What Katie Did earlier and the sizes are all to big for me :mad:

I love their stuff, but everything starts at size 10.

the stockings are amazing! :eek:

If you are on Facebook, there is an amazing closed group called Lingerie Addicts.. It's run by the woman who writes The Lingerie Addict blog. Maybe ask there.

Back