intact vs. cut for the guys

muskokan

The Cat Came Back
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Posts
2,632
I've always wondered how real guys feel about the situation with their foreskin.

I've heard of groups of guys who are cut trying to regain their foreskin but I don't know ( m )any guys who are intact.

My sons father is cut but wanted our son intact which I also wanted and he is intact . My hubby is cut and just about freaked out when I told him that if our baby was a boy he'd be intact as well (luckily we had a girl)

do those of you with foreskins ever think about what it would be like without it or if a girl would like it better without it. are there any guys who have had theirs removed for cosmetic reasons only in their adult life

guys without have you ever wondered what it would be like with one or thought about trying to get it back?
 
Last edited:
Typically I would say one word: SMEGMA. But that's not really valid these days. There is no real medical reason I can find for circumcision.
 
Jenny_Jackson said:
Typically I would say one word: SMEGMA. But that's not really valid these days. There is no real medical reason I can find for circumcision.

I know all the arguments for or against circ.. and my son wasn't done so theres my opinion right there, but i'm not a guy and I'd really like to here some guys opinions on this.. not whether they would do it to their child, but how they feel about it themselves.. maybe i'm asking a too personal question for the guys on here
 
I am cut, but have wondered what it would be like to be "as I was originally designed" I guess I haven't been driven enogh to try any restoration methods, but I have been curious.

Lapp
 
I'm cut and would have preferred my parents left that decision up to me and didn't have a large chunk of nerves cut off. I'm not sure the foreskin "restoration" thing would ever be comparable to the real deal except in aesthetics.
 
I'm cut, my father ws not. I can say I have never wondered what it would be like, nor desired, to be uncut. I'm perfectly happy with my penis he way it is, and am pretty sure my wife is too.
 
tkinsc said:
I'm cut, my father ws not. I can say I have never wondered what it would be like, nor desired, to be uncut. I'm perfectly happy with my penis he way it is, and am pretty sure my wife is too.

I think thats another point to make as well.. how many of you actually know what your fathers situation is. does this generally come up in a father son interaction?
 
muskokan said:
I've always wondered how real guys feel about the situation with their foreskin.

I've heard of groups of guys who are cut trying to regain their foreskin but I don't know ( m )any guys who are intact.

guys without have you ever wondered what it would be like with one or thought about trying to get it back?

I was circumcised at birth, and have no memory of it as far as I can tell. I don't believe I was ever told about it or about that fact that some people have normal penises by my parents. My first memory of finding out that some people's penises were different happened when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. My next door neighbor (and best friend at the time) had a normal penis, and I remember commenting on it and he said something like "some people have penises that are different". I don't remember it being a big deal, or anything beyond that incident. Of course most people (over 98% I would estimate) that I came in contact with in situations where I could see their penises, where circ'd.

When my wife and I were getting ready for our first child (1990), I was surprised
at my extremely strong feeling that my sons should stay natural. My wife was
neutral (maybe leaning slightly toward circ, but not having really thought about
it), but her gyn/obstetrician did put some pressure on us to have our son
circ'd, even confronting me a little right after birth, as he was sewing her up.
As I say, I was surprised how adamantly opposed I was, but I attributed it to
the lack of evidence that circ had any benefits and my penchant for being a
natural kind of guy. And my feeling (that has grown stronger as I have gotten
older) that mankind rarely makes positive improvements when trying to fix
natural/normal things. Anyway, both our sons have normal penises.

My first memory of wondering about forskin restoration was probably in my 30s, and as far as I knew then, it would only be cosmetic, so I had no real "need" to do it and dismissed it as unlikely to be worth it. Not a lot of thinking about it, just
in passing on rare occassions. And of course no one had ever told me what I was
missing from a sexual standpoint, a point that I will get back to in a bit.

But about 5 years ago, while I was stuck at home recovering from an operation for 6 weeks, I was passing time by surfing the net, and out of curiosity checked out some sites on foreskin restoration. As I read more and more about it, I was again surprised at my strong feeling upon learning that there was functional loss and it was possible to restore some of that. Well, I couldn't stop thinking about it and by next day or so I knew I had to at least give it a try. So now I have been
restoring for almost 5 years. I estimate I am 1/2 to 2/3 of the way there and my wife has been supportive and has been amazed how much different it makes sex for her, since she wasn't expecting any change. My boys see me restoring and I have explained why and they think it is cool and are interested in my progress.

That's my story.
 
feelings

muskokan said:
I've always wondered how real guys feel about the situation with their foreskin.

I've spent hours contemplating my foreskin. What does it want? Why are we here? Is there a meaning of life? What is the real Truth?

My foreskin is silent throughout. I'm beginning to wonder if our relationship is hollow, simply one of convenience.
 
My husband was cut, as was my ex, and neither of them ever felt that they'd been robbed or cheated of anything because of it.
 
The first time I rerember seeing a circumcized penis was at an art museum on a greek statue, I just figured that age had broken a part off. It wasn't until high school that I actually looked around online and realized what exactly circumcision was. For a while, it really bothered me because "hey, who the fuck has the right to snip me like that?" Upon doing some research, I got even angrier when I learned why circumcision is so popular in the U.S. Mostly due to a few people thinking that it would curb sexual desire in men and whatnot... Fuckers...

Anyway, I suppose my parents had it done because they didn't put too much thought into it, you know, if the Doc says this is good, then it must be, right? People actually trusted doctors back then.

I feel cheated because I've lost the nerves, the different sensations, and all that jazz. However, I can't/won't do much about it. I've heard of restoration, but I figure that it's been messed with enough. Furthermore, I've never had any complaints, so I suppose it's all good. :rolleyes:

One thing is for sure, I will NOT have any of my sons circumcized, if and when I have kids.
 
I'm intact and I keep meaning to thank my parents for not letting anyone mutilate me when I was a baby. I have quite strong feelings on the matter. Points in favour of it (just for me personally) are that I don't want to be mutilated without my consent, it keeps the knob end sensitive and just to put that into persepective if I pull it back then put my penis away and try to walk around like that for a bit I can't, it's too umcomfortable because it's too sensitive. You have to keep it clean but if you bath regularly that's not a problem. It smells though, that's a downer. I don't know if cut ones smell too but no matter how much you scrub and scurb or what kind of soap you use you can't get the smell out.
 
If my penis etc smells, it's only because there is hair and lots of sweat... after I shower or when I'm just hanging out and it's not hot and muggy as hell, it smells like anything else.

I've heard that circumcized guys smell much in the same way women smell... But I've no first hand experience, ah well. Hope that helps.
 
me=uncut/bro=uncut/father=cut

muskokan said:
I think thats another point to make as well.. how many of you actually know what your fathers situation is. does this generally come up in a father son interaction?

I am uncut and love my foreskin would really miss it if i lost it now haha. its a part of me i have always enjoyed playing with and experiemneting with. and at the same time i cant imagine it not being there.

my father is cut however aparaently during the time he was born it was the in thing medically etc. although my gran jokes and says he wouldnt stop playing with it though im pretty sure thats untrue.

I often think how sick it would be if one was to save once foreskin after the cut and preserve it somehow haha pickled foreskin? how sick i geuss makes me giggle. cool thread x
 
I'm loving the responses.

OHIP in ON stopped covering circ about 5/6 years ago as it's considered cosmetic surgery. IMO Yay, good move on the governments part, it makes people realize that they are doing something that isn't medically necesary and they have to pay for it ($$ wise) Circ is one of those issues that each parents/person has to consider, if they chose to, so be it, can't change the world. Stats right now as I've read are about 50/50.

I haven't been with an intact guy at much length but I always wonder what the difference would be especially with my assumption that the head would be much more sensitive (being protected from outside influences so to speak)

I was with a guy who my husband later told me said he was intact (follow that LMAO) so there must not have been much difference in the erect intact penis that I didn't notice during the course of that night.

Anyway.. thanks for all the answers and I'd love to here more guys opinions
 
If I'd had the choice, I'd have chosen to remain uncircumcised. Yes, it looks odd to an American sensibility. However, all of those thousand upon thousands of nerve endings have to make a difference. Also, when one is circumcised, the glans are always exposed and rubbing against one's boxers. That too lessens sensitivity. It just makes sense. You don't leave a ball point pen exposed to the elements when not in use. Why would you want to extend less consideration to your penis?

As to guys trying to reacquire their foreskin, I don't see the point. You're never going to get those nerves back and the once mucus membrane of your glans has long since dried out.
 
Last edited:
Hooper_X said:
As to guy trying to reacquire their foreskin, I don't see the point. You're never going to get those nerves back and the once mucus membrane of your glans has long since dried out.

You may not see the point, but many do. You will regain a tremendous amount. Not everyhting, maybe not even close to everything, but you will regain enough that it is pretty amazing. At least according to everyone who I have read or heard that has at least restored part way.

Everyone reports their glans becoming dekeratinized, wet, and having increased sensitivity. More important than that is the greater amount of skin moving during handjobs and intercourse give you new feelings in addition to that.

And women may well have increased feelings and comfort, at least it has been that way for my wife. Hard for her to tell what is going on, except there is little need for lubricant now that I am partly restored.

Again, I am not trying to convince you to restore. Just explain that there is a point to it, based on functionality and sexual satisfaction. There is plenty to read on the internet if you are interested.
 
gregor2001us said:
Everyone reports their glans becoming dekeratinized, wet, and having increased sensitivity. More important than that is the greater amount of skin moving during handjobs and intercourse give you new feelings in addition to that.

If there is empirical evidence to support these anecdotal observations that's great. However, I don't see how one could regain the sensitivity of nerve endings which no longer exist. The dekeratinization hypothesis sounds more plausible, but I been unable to find much in the way of scientific studies supporting it (which isn't necessarily to say that it's not true.) The closest I've been able to find with an, admittedly cursory, google search is this excerpt from an MSNBC article about some sort of non-medical restoration procedure....

Of course, it's impossible to truly restore foreskin and restorers admit results are partial at best. Certain specialized nerve endings simply won't return. For example, researchers have described a "ridged band" just inside a natural foreskin's tip of specialized nerve endings known as Meissner's corpuscles, which help detect light touch.

Instead, restorers focus on what they can bring back: revived friction on the penis shaft and what some claim is the "dekeratinization" of the glans -- thicker skin peels off and leaves a tender layer beneath.

Even in the absence of hard proof--assuming this procedure isn't ultimately injurious--the increased friction afforded by looser skin may be worth it to those with excessively "tight" circumcisions.
 
mxvampire said:
Intact Here, Wouldnt Dream Of Having It Cut!!! sorry dirty6girl if you prefer cut :p

Don't worry...uncut for me. I wouldn't have it any other way my naughty boyfriend.
 
I'm uncut, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Smegma and odor isn't a problem if you teach the kiddo to wash himself. Since moving to North America, I've found that some people don't want an uncut man, which is silly. I understand having a preference, but if your decision is based on looks rather than the person, well, I'm not sure I'd want be with you.
 
I'm uncut... Odour or 'smegma' is non-existent... I believe someone else had mentioned the common sense of hygiene... HPV, I suppose is a risk to women, however, I think most of the research on that issue is more a multiple partner thing than a foreskin thing. I like the convenience of it for hand-jobs and that it folds back for intercourse and oral. Jenn likes the sensation herself of it being there for handjobs and blowjobs as well, providing a bit of variety in the feelings in her hand/mouth.

I would curse my parents for robbing us of those sensations if I were cut.
 
I'm cut but when I saw when babies go through to get that way, I decided to have my son left intact - mistake. When he turned 20 he had it done himself, with some encouragment from his girlfriend... it was a lot bigger deal at 20 than at birth.
 
Back
Top