Considering writing my first story, but really don't know how.

How to write this?

  • Ways to flesh it out?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    5
  • Poll closed .

walkadee

Virgin
Joined
Jan 16, 2017
Posts
2
I want to write a story for this site, but I have no idea how to begin. The only premise I have is a man, recently divorced, that buys a fourplex in retirement. He lives in one unit with his mail order Asian bride and he has sex with all the renters. One renter is a single older bi-sexual male he shares with his bride. The next is an older couple that are closet swingers with two children that visit often. The older couple is bi, as are the children. The third is identical twins, female, that work in the local brothel he visits. The story should be set in Nevada, where brothels are legal. i want the story to end up with all the residents fucking each other all the time.
 
Last edited:
It sounds good to me, if written right. Maybe as a first story, you should go for something simpler where you can explore a single or two characters or just do this story but spread it out so it's nice and long.
 
Sex workers have just as much sex off the job as anyone else. This is like saying, "I can't imagine a chef ever making dinner at home."
 
I would like to do some brain surgery - but I have no idea where to begin. Should I go to med school? Or should I just see if a few of my neighbours are up for a bit of fun? :)

Seriously, if you want to write a story, start writing. Don't ask for other people's opinions. Writing is not a multi-choice quiz!

Now, go and get on with it. And good luck.
 
It sounds good to me, if written right. Maybe as a first story, you should go for something simpler where you can explore a single or two characters or just do this story but spread it out so it's nice and long.

I would like to do some brain surgery - but I have no idea where to begin. Should I go to med school? Or should I just see if a few of my neighbours are up for a bit of fun? :)

Seriously, if you want to write a story, start writing. Don't ask for other people's opinions. Writing is not a multi-choice quiz!

Now, go and get on with it. And good luck.

As I read your initial post I was thinking the same as 'dead_ninja. This is a pretty complicated endeavor for a first attempt. However, another way to do your original idea is to write a "series" of separate shorter stories which explore each of the unique relationships in as much detail as you desire. That way you can fully develop a few characters at a time...and maybe the grand finale is where they all come together as you planned.

And as Sam said, just start writing. You'll know pretty quick if it's going to work or if it's not.
 
I'll also recommend writing chapters or episodes concentrating on non-free-for-all fuckings. You can move on to Scooby-Doo chases and chaotic mass orgies later. And make sure the 'children' are all over 18.

How to write the story: Just Do It. But I usually take one of these approaches:

* Visualize the tale as if it's a video you're watching, and blog the action. Then flesh it out, trim away excess, polish it up, and post it.

* Visualize an ending, not a beginning. Then write the story that leads to that ending.

* The common approach: Create a setting, players, and some plot points. Then set the characters loose to do their thing, and transcribe the results.

Keep in mind that the first few (dozen) attempts at writing fiction are usually crap. Ask yourself if you would pay for what you've written. Then write some more. Have fun!
 
As I read your initial post I was thinking the same as 'dead_ninja. This is a pretty complicated endeavor for a first attempt. However, another way to do your original idea is to write a "series" of separate shorter stories which explore each of the unique relationships in as much detail as you desire. That way you can fully develop a few characters at a time...and maybe the grand finale is where they all come together as you planned.

And as Sam said, just start writing. You'll know pretty quick if it's going to work or if it's not.

Yeah, for a start I would say just start writing something simpler. I started a daddy/daughter story as my first. Two characters which I will develop and polish. Nothing too complicated and nothing too simple.
 
In my opinion, what you've outlined is a big chunk for a first time write but then again, the same could be said for my first story. Twenty chapters and a cast of dozens. Just start writing and see where it goes.

Do it in chapters and finish them all before you post. Instant gratification is nice but once you start you may have to rearrange things or even rewrite things. If it is already posted, that is hard to do and not confuse readers.

Welcome to madhouse and good luck.
 
Last edited:
You could begin the story by interviewing the candidates for the rental units, one by one -- maybe asking leading questions that lead to interesting opportunities,
 
Did you know how to drive the first time you drove?

Did you know how to do a girl the first time you tried?

Dive in and you'll figure it out, but I agree with others--keep your first shot simple. I also agree with Hypoxia; envision the ending and then start writing.
 
Dive in and you'll figure it out, but I agree with others--keep your first shot simple. I also agree with Hypoxia; envision the ending and then start writing.

That's more often than not how I start writing my stories these days. I write the ending first so I know where I'm aiming to get too and that helps keep me focused on the story. But yeah, first story, keep it simple or you'll tie yourself up in knots.
 
You might want to consider thinking about adfing conflict and/or character arc to your story to make it interesting. Just piling up a bunch of sex scenes can make the story a bit flat, even if the sex is hot.
As for your set-up, it's not something I'd want to read, but there are all sorts of tastes out there. You might be surprised how many readers you get - I sure did when I first posted.
 
If I may add to the advice above:

We had a TV advert in the UK a few years ago: "start off with halves and work up to pints."
Read the stickies and the notes for Authors. It will save you lots of embarrassment later, 'cos you'll know the answers.
Start with a simple story and work up to more complex things as you gain experience.
I suggest that you think of the sort of story you like to read ( a simple one !) and write something along similar lines, if only for your own amusement & practice.
Ignore the challenge of Loving Wives, Statistics and "where's the best place to put it", and just Write the Bloody Thing.
Remember that three Lit pages is about 11,000 words.
Use a good dictionary and a grammar checker.
(do not imagine these things are set in stone; they ain't).
A Beta reader (as a 'someone to watch over me') is a good idea.
Getting an Editor to iron out the real errors is even better.

Good Luck
:)
 
Almost all of us are buried beneath stories from birth. Story creation should be 2nd nature to you.
 
An addendum to the "Just start writing" advice (which is good advice): Sometimes people feel paralyzed with worry about the final product, saying "But what if it's bad?"

Well, okay, what if it is? If writing was easy everyone would do it, nobody would ever get paid for it, and few people would ever care. You get good by doing it. Over and over, for years on end, and hopefully paying a lot of attention to mistakes.
 
storyline

just a few things you can do 1) use tag portal and look for 4.5 stories that are about swingers. 2) the concept is a good one if you feel confident about the story. 3) You concept is far to rigid, every single one of my stories never ends up where you first wanted it to go. Stories are organic because your characters evolve. You will have scenes in the middle that will just pop into your head. Once you write 500-750 words you will get into the flow of things.



As to a stand alone or series, this seems like a stand alone. Some stories just set themselves up to be a series, a freshman just starting college for example can be a 4 part series.

You could make it a series if you wanted to bring the twins in a different chapter and have the group orgy in maybe story 4 or 5.

Please, please, please use writers resources. How to make your characters talk and how to make paragraphs are good ones to read.

The other day I tried to read a story that had potential. It had multiple paragraphs that were 10 lines or more, each should have been five paragraphs, Readers need white space.

editors are not proof readers so proof read your stories well, I normally do mine over 100 times.

I wish you well and your writing will get better over time. You may want to try different genres to find the one you are most comfortable with.
 
So when you were last sitting around with your buds telling tall tales what was yours? Was it funny? Was it scary? Was it sexy?

You write like you're telling a tall tale to your buds who weren't around when it happened.

Who was the best story teller in you group?

Write it like he told it. Fiction is nothing but tall tales. Just tell them. Using words. Once you start, you'll find your style. But the important thing is to start with that first word of your tall tale.
 
Just Write

I agree with many of the posters above--just start writing and it will eventually start to flow. Don't give up--ever.

Also, perhaps begin with a certain scene you have in mind, even if the scene is in the middle or the end of the story, start writing it, even in rough form. Right now you are gathering all the sand you'll need to build your castle, not yet building the castle, itself.

Outlines sometimes help depending on your writing style, I don't always write one but when I do, it's a guideline only and not set in stone.

I wish you well in your goal to write, above all, have fun or else it's sorta pointless.

xoxo
J
 
Last edited:
Back
Top