Point me in the right direction

WordsAreErotic

Really Really Experienced
I've been working on what I hope will be my first submission. For some reason, the story (incest/taboo) has been manifesting itself in form as a letter or email from the male to his incestuous lover. I haven't seen many, if any, stories written in this manner and was wanting some feedback from other writers on this path. Additionally, right now the two main characters are cousins because that's a personal favorite of mine, but I realize cousins are not as popular amongst the masses so I'm considering changing to siblings. Thoughts are appreciated, as would be offers to read and edit.

I wrote a story entitled Love Letters, which was just this...a short series of back and forth letters between lovers (warning- gay lovers). The setting was in a past era where letters were the only way of communicating over distance. I actually received a number of comments on how much some enjoyed it.

I'm writing one now where I use email correspondence as just a normal way people now communicate. (This one is just brief and periodic...not the entire story)

In Love Letters, I could use a more flowery language because of the period the story was set in. I did it mostly for fun and experimentation, but it came out okay.

I see no reason why what your doing wouldn't work, and would go with it if you like the way it's developing.

(If you don't mind a gay love theme, you can find Love Letters on the link below)

I've been working on what I hope will be my first submission. For some reason, the story (incest/taboo) has been manifesting itself in form as a letter or email from the male to his incestuous lover. I haven't seen many, if any, stories written in this manner and was wanting some feedback from other writers on this path. Additionally, right now the two main characters are cousins because that's a personal favorite of mine, but I realize cousins are not as popular amongst the masses so I'm considering changing to siblings. Thoughts are appreciated, as would be offers to read and edit.

Actually, that's a uniquely different way to handle an incest story. You could have lots of creative fun with that. I've written many stories in Letters & Transcripts under all my different names.

Writing to my Cousin Sarah for Sex, something like that may work.

The only problem you may have, unless you draw them in with a specific title, few will read the Letters & Transcripts category as opposed to how many read the Incest category.

Then, again, you could write your story as a letter and transcript but post it in the incest category.

Good luck with your writing.

Using letters in stories dates back to at least the Victorian times if not earlier, and it's still a good technique. If it works for you, go for it.

Same with the cousins thing. If you want cousins, write cousins. You're going to irritate someone now matter what you do, so you might as well take Ricky Nelson's advice to heart when he said - well you know what he said.

DRACULA (1897) was written as a collection of letters, diaries, dictation cylinders, and newspaper accounts. The epistolary novel, a story told in documents, is pre-Victorian; Gilbert Imlay wrote THE EMIGRANTS in 1793 as exchanges of letters.

As for incest: cousins just don't count with LIT readers. Parent-child or siblings are almost required; grandparent-grandchild, aunt-nephew, and uncle-niece barely make it. When I write a cousin or avuncular incest story, I make sure to throw in a sibling or parent too.

Thank you

Thanks for the feedback. I'm nearing 8,500 words on the cousins letter fantasy. I think I'll focus on cleaning it and wrapping it up as a first chapter in a series.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm nearing 8,500 words on the cousins letter fantasy. I think I'll focus on cleaning it and wrapping it up as a first chapter in a series.

I remember somebody here writing a great mother/son story which was largely told in text messages between them, some times apart and some times while they were right next to each other. Sorry I don't remember the author or the name.

Good luck and happy writing!

DRACULA (1897) was written as a collection of letters, diaries, dictation cylinders, and newspaper accounts. The epistolary novel, a story told in documents, is pre-Victorian; Gilbert Imlay wrote THE EMIGRANTS in 1793 as exchanges of letters.

As for incest: cousins just don't count with LIT readers. Parent-child or siblings are almost required; grandparent-grandchild, aunt-nephew, and uncle-niece barely make it. When I write a cousin or avuncular incest story, I make sure to throw in a sibling or parent too.

Pardon me for disagreeing with you, my apologies in advance, but "first" cousins do indeed count as incest. I even went so far as to check with Jerry Springer, the authority on incest.

"Jerry, is sex with first cousins deemed as incest?"

"Yes, sex with first cousins is deemed as incest," said Jerry.

"Thank you, Jerry."

"You're welcome, Susan."

For further proof, we need only look at the lineage of royal families to know that cousins marrying cousins are a crap shoot with regards to their new born babies.

"Honey, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think our baby should have three arms and one leg."

What may not count as incest are sex with mothers-in-law, fathers-in-law, brothers-in-law and/or sisters-in-law when not living in the same household.

Any relationship may be deemed incestuous when the parties are living under the same roof.

"Wait back up," said his friend, Columbo. "You had sex with not only your live-in babysitter but also your live-in housekeeper?"

"I did," said Arnold Schwarzenegger."

"That's incestuous, did you know that, Arnold?"

"So? It isn't as if my wife Maria will ever know," said Arnold.

"Arnold," called Maria. "Did you know that our housekeeper is pregnant and she claims it's your baby?"

"Oops," said Arnold.

Pardon me for disagreeing with you, my apologies in advance, but "first" cousins do indeed count as incest. I even went so far as to check with Jerry Springer, the authority on incest.

"Jerry, is sex with first cousins deemed as incest?"

"Yes, sex with first cousins is deemed as incest," said Jerry.

"Thank you, Jerry."

"You're welcome, Susan."

For further proof, we need only look at the lineage of royal families to know that cousins marrying cousins are a crap shoot with regards to their new born babies.

"Honey, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think our baby should have three arms and one leg."

What may not count as incest are sex with mothers-in-law, fathers-in-law, brothers-in-law and/or sisters-in-law when not living in the same household.

Any relationship may be deemed incestuous when the parties are living under the same roof.

"Wait back up," said his friend, Columbo. "You had sex with not only your live-in babysitter but also your live-in housekeeper?"

"I did," said Arnold Schwarzenegger."

"That's incestuous, did you know that, Arnold?"

"So? It isn't as if my wife Maria will ever know," said Arnold.

"Arnold," called Maria. "Did you know that our housekeeper is pregnant and she claims it's your baby?"

"Oops," said Arnold.

+ 100 points for use of Jerry, Arnold and Maria all in a single post. Love it.

Actually, that's a uniquely different way to handle an incest story. You could have lots of creative fun with that. I've written many stories in Letters & Transcripts under all my different names.

Writing to my Cousin Sarah for Sex, something like that may work.

The only problem you may have, unless you draw them in with a specific title, few will read the Letters & Transcripts category as opposed to how many read the Incest category.

Then, again, you could write your story as a letter and transcript but post it in the incest category.

Good luck with your writing.

Great Point, I didn't even remember there is a category for Letters & Transcripts. I would recommend the Incest category for sure.

It's probably too late to mention this after 8500 words but; I think it is important that each character has their own unique 'voice'...of couse, that's always important but even more so in this instance. You won't have dialog tags to make it clear. We all write differently, even in emails. If the two 'voices' are too similar it will shine a light on the fact it is fiction, etc.

--deleted--

Oops, sorry. The OP didn't identify the content theme that I thought. I was looking at a later post.

Last edited:
new media

You may want to think about telephone / Skype sex where the result is immediate. Like have the guy blow his load all over the screen so it was just like a facial.
Have her cum in her panties a few times, then have her send it to the guy so she can watch him jack off in her panties.
Have her do self bondage and have him degrade her for being such a slut. have her so far gone that she can feel the whip on her Ass, tits and pussy

The five top-rated non-chapter incest stories currently:
Threads: The Island - a brother and sisters
One Who Understands - second cousins raised in the same household
My European Summer Vacation - half-brother and sister. Initially, they don't know they are related and she doesn't know for most of the story
Elysium - brother-sister
London Girl - cousins

Parent-child or siblings are not required for a story to do well.

Seems to me heterosexual pairings (brother/sister, mom/son, etc...) do far better than homosexual pairings as well. One has to go 39 entries down the top list to find Alexis, reprised by onehitwanda, the first story that features a lesbian relationship as the primary focus of the story. Beyond that, it's down to Alexis, by the same author, before we see a second, at number 64. As far as I know, there aren't any gay male pairings that make the top list for the category.

Stories like eidetic's A Christmas Carnal feature same-sex pairings and group activities, but not as their exclusive focus, so it seems a good rule of thumb if you want to crack the top 100 is to have a guy/girl pairing. :)

Thanks for all the feedback and input. I think I've got it wrapped up and am ready for an edit. I've sent out some feelers for Lit editors and am waiting to hear back. I think I've got a decent fantasy letter from a guy to his cousin. They've been heading down this path for a while and now he's telling her he's ready for that next great step with her.

Thanks for all the feedback and input. I think I've got it wrapped up and am ready for an edit. I've sent out some feelers for Lit editors and am waiting to hear back. I think I've got a decent fantasy letter from a guy to his cousin. They've been heading down this path for a while and now he's telling her he's ready for that next great step with her.

And his Uncle intercepts the letter. :eek:

Talk about a kink in the gitty up.

Back