What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
17,000 words and now my little book lacks only a proper introduction before it will be ready to go out to some reviewers for feedback. I think there might be a cold beer in my near future.

Surely it says something that I just had to click "Edit" and change a passive verb into an active one just now.
 
maniacal laugh

The look on the door-to-door missionary's face today when I asked his opinion of Christian Discipline. He sweated a little bit. For months I've been keeping them mildly disturbed but optimistic, just to see how far I can push them away from familiar territory. (Suburbia is boring.) I will look forward to his response if ever he returns.
 
Your freebie was a free buzzy ?
Cool. :)

I made out like a bandit at this fest.

Got to sit up with the tech crew twice for the headliners, two limited edition posters, key chains, the vibe pack (which was two vibrators and a pack of lube), all the rockstar I could drink, and I won two free tickets to next year.

Awesome weekend.

I'm still smiling. :D
 
Winning a bet with a friend: I had to list over 50 countries and their capitals. I listed 101 (besides you get almost 50 from European countries alone). He was sure I cheated somehow and wanted a do-over with the US states and their capitals. I got 34 correct.

Ha, he didn't know that when I have trouble falling asleep, I usually list countries and capitals in my head or alphabetize countries (or states) of a certain region.

I'm weird and have had way too much trouble falling asleep lately.
 
I Just Booked My Flight And Hotel For The World Science Fiction Convention In San Antonio, Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can You Tell I'm Excited????

:d:d:d
 
I Just Booked My Flight And Hotel For The World Science Fiction Convention In San Antonio, Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can You Tell I'm Excited????

:d:d:d

Be sure to find the Menger Hotel and have a drink in the old bar there. That bar is where Teddy Roosevelt recruited his Rough Riders regiment for the Spanish American War. It's right across the street from the Alamo and not at all far from the river walk.
 
Winning a bet with a friend: I had to list over 50 countries and their capitals. I listed 101 (besides you get almost 50 from European countries alone). He was sure I cheated somehow and wanted a do-over with the US states and their capitals. I got 34 correct.

Ha, he didn't know that when I have trouble falling asleep, I usually list countries and capitals in my head or alphabetize countries (or states) of a certain region.

I'm weird and have had way too much trouble falling asleep lately.

Haha, good Lord, I doubt I could list 34 state capitals, and I live here. And I definitely couldn't do the countries and their capitals. I envy you your encyclopedic brain. :p
 
Be sure to find the Menger Hotel and have a drink in the old bar there. That bar is where Teddy Roosevelt recruited his Rough Riders regiment for the Spanish American War. It's right across the street from the Alamo and not at all far from the river walk.

Noted! I won't have much time to explore outside the convention, but I do plan on getting outside a bit. I am looking forward to more Texas BBQ! :D
 
Haha, good Lord, I doubt I could list 34 state capitals, and I live here. And I definitely couldn't do the countries and their capitals. I envy you your encyclopedic brain. :p

Absolutely no use in envying my encyclopedic brain. Other than Trivial Pursuit and now this, it's been of very little use to me. Besides it's the outcome of sleepless nights, which makes it a bit sad.

I made yoghurt and it turned out so, so good. I don't know what I did differently than before, but it's easily the best yoghurt I've ever had. Or maybe I'm just hugry. Added a dollop of last year's apple and vanilla jam, and my morning is pretty darn good right now.
 
If you haven't already, start researching the tiny house movement. There's a *lot* of cool stuff being done that may translate to treehouses. :)

I know, right? There are just SO many things you can do with that type of space! You don't need acreage!

Have you seen the show Treehouse Masters?
I have now! He's my new hero! He and his crew are amazing.

My husband would be your first customer. For reals. :)

I'm signing you up & L up for the very first! ;) Funny thing is, I have a design background, and I don't know why I didn't think of this before...

Familiar with her?

Saw her speak a few years back, and hoo-hah, I am in love. Makes all kinds of sense. Check her out.

I'm hooked, too! Guess I'll have to build mine first! Gypsy's Forest Treehouse...
:D

Thanks all for the suggestions - I'm studying a lot of options! :rose:
 
George RR Martin will be at Worldcon.

I may be in the same room as George RR Martin!!!!

*swoons*
 
Three weeks in (one was training), and I finally had my first honest to goodness sale. I'm really really seriously not used to this strange world of "you're balking at the price? Let me see what I can do!" stuff, because IMO if you want this industry's version Walmart service, they're down the street. Have fun.

I am genuinely happy for the sale; saddened by people's short sighted "race to the bottom" attitude.
 
What made me laugh...?

I pull up to a drive thru espresso stand called "Java Gone Wild" and find the woman inside serving in nothing but a bikini. I know it's a sales gimmick designed to create repeat customers from horny, ogling males -- and maybe females, too -- but I would have been much more impressed if the woman had had a body that I would want to see in a bikini.

There are some people -- myself included, I am sorry to admit -- who simply shouldn't be serving their customers in almost nothing. Find something that your body makes look good and go for it. Personally, I'm often complimented on my muscular legs so I wear a lot of shorts. But I also have a bit of a belly so I wear loose shirts that hides that fact a bit.

I would much rather have seen her in a bosom boosting blouse and short skirt.
 
My nephew brought me a handful of acorns, clutched in his grimy fist, and said 'look, mimi! pixie dust holders!'
 
What made me smile.

I know that I will be in trouble for this but I did smile.

A local activist is leading a protest march thru a very affluent neighborhood here in Houston......... Then I realized that most of the folks who lived there have very large guard dogs. :)
 
This job would really be, most awesome.

Do I have enough to go and take it? I know it's mine if I want it, I just have to want it badly enough...

(wish me luck, and bollocks!)
 
A dear, dear friend letting me know she and her family are moving back here from a faraway country! I'm so thrilled, I'll get to see them more often now! Then again, visiting them in that faraway country was pretty nice too.

(good luck, and huge cojones to g*s)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top