Is Sacha Baron Cohen funny?

If I can speak for Rory von Bismark, and for sure someone should, I think he is saying SBC does social/political satire, not comedy...because it surely isn't funny. :)

Not when he's exposing the idiotic values and views of your fellow republitards. :)

He's the ringmaster, the GOP are the clowns.
 
Not when he's exposing the idiotic values and views of your fellow republitards. :)

He's the ringmaster, the GOP are the clowns.

Oh so that is what it's about?

Now they are mad because he has exposed their asses?

I should have known.


Somebody else was right on the money, rightist extremists love when the joke is on minority groups and women, but pinch a loaf when the target is them.
 
Oh so that is what it's about?

Now they are mad because he has exposed their asses?

I should have known.


Somebody else was right on the money, rightist extremists love when the joke is on minority groups and women, but pinch a loaf when the target is them.

Can't you steal boob pics from the same poor, unsuspecting internet pawn? You can't even match skin tones. :)
 
Sometimes he's funny, sometimes not. He's really really good at making people uncomfortable and seeing themselves in a mirror and that's usually only funny to the people who aren't being targeted. I have to admire his ability to ad lib in character. That's hard and he does it almost flawlessly.
 
I'm sure you don't find rape jokes funny. Or you do. Which is it?

I’m a rape victim who can laugh at a rape joke... depends on the joke, some are funny, think Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr, Sarah Silverman. Some are not, like Daniel Tosh who picked on a female heckler and suggested it would be funny if the other audience members gang raped her after the show... a not funny, idiotic lazy line, that could have provoked a psycho to actually attack a person.

When Boyle, Carr and Silverman joke about it, you know which side of the fence they are on... none of them are actually condoning rape, and if you make things off limits, you never challenge the absurdity of things, serious stuff shouldn’t be hidden away shamefully, but talked about, challenged and yes, made fun of... but Tosh easily could be condoning it with his lazy routine...

Carr says his favourite sound in a comedy gig is the belly laugh followed by the intake of breath, when people have instinctively laughed at something and immediately suspected they shouldn’t have done...

We’re a nation that laughed over the blitz bombings as we buried our dead, we’ll keep laughing, dark comedy is a very successful coping mechanism, just ask anyone that’s served, xx
 
The insecure, the judgemental, the unintelligent, all will attack humor and humorists.
 
He's a comedic genius, not many actor/comedians can keep in character regardless of what is happening around them. It's also pretty cool that he duped so many politicians and egotistical windbags. Haven't heard rape joke but usually his off colour humour is a form of societal satire.
 
Back
Top