The China Pearl Inn part 9

Been pretty good here again. I just nearly lost a tablet to what is laughingly called a floor but is really a portal to another dimension where all the dropped things live :nods: Luckily I caught the little devil this time before he could make his escape.

Good catch.

Heard there were some big fat juicy rats outside under the rubish bin? Phoo told me. i think he was thinking of using them for pie though;)

Yuck!!

I believe he leaves the rats' claws poking through the crust. It's a signature dish. :D

Ewww, even yuckier.

Well that nap time didn't work. So I ate some yogurt and fruit and watched a movie.

::Shrug:: Denzel Washington and a train. Very formulaic, but I was too lazy to find out what else was on. I kept hoping I would fall asleep.

Unstoppable?

Sounds like one of those - was it Speed and its franchise? I'm going to see a documentary on a new town tomorrow. Oh yes, I'm exciting me.

Unstoppable?

Sounds like one of those - was it Speed and its franchise? I'm going to see a documentary on a new town tomorrow. Oh yes, I'm exciting me.

Yeah, the first one. Not Speed. A new town? That would be interesting. I didn't know there were new towns.

It is indeed, Basildon in Essex. There's been a movement from the 19th c. to create new towns to move people from the older cities to somewhere supposedly better, with mixed results.

Huh. Around here they just spread out the towns until they are touching the next town. Stand on one side of the street you are in one town, cross the street and you are in a different town. Where I used to live, you went from one county to the next by crossing the street.

She wanders into the China Pearl Inn like a normal person for once, dressed in absolutely trash looking casual clothes: a black v-neck empire waist blouse, a pair of dark-wash jeans, black trainers, and a pair of over-sized sunglasses that actually fit over her prescription glasses. Her hair is a mess of waves, unbrushed, and dangles down to just above the waistband of her jeans.

She nods politely to the lovely people she recognizes and makes eye contact with whomever she hasn't had a pleasure of meeting with a fleeting smile.

"Uggg, I literally fell asleep at my computer desk last night--which is super rare for me; I am so sorry I didn't respond, but I did read the message earlier this morning before the shit show that is house repair began, when the maintenance men came."

She settles into a chair near the central area of the establishment, pulling her trainers off so that she may tuck her feet beneath her bottom. A small sigh falls from her lips.

"Today feels like a wine day," she mutters to herself, resting her chin on her palm as she gazes at the door.

Huh. Around here they just spread out the towns until they are touching the next town. Stand on one side of the street you are in one town, cross the street and you are in a different town. Where I used to live, you went from one county to the next by crossing the street.

I think it's the same the whole world over (note folk song reference). I'm currently in Northern Ireland and the border with the Republic is a bit of a bone of contention at the moment. I remember a poem about being in a pub and if you leaned on the bar your head was in the north...other bits :D were in the south.

Hey BT, sounds like a busy day. I would offer you a glass of wine, but I don't know anything about that stuff and you would probably end up with a glass of vinegar. :eek:

I think it's the same the whole world over (note folk song reference). I'm currently in Northern Ireland and the border with the Republic is a bit of a bone of contention at the moment. I remember a poem about being in a pub and if you leaned on the bar your head was in the north...other bits :D were in the south.

I used to work near a school that had a line down the middle of the campus. It was sitting on two cities' lines. If you had to call emergency services, you had to know which town you were in.

Hey BT, sounds like a busy day. I would offer you a glass of wine, but I don't know anything about that stuff and you would probably end up with a glass of vinegar. :eek:

Her attention is turned to SF; she smiles.

"Oh, y'know, it's okay--although, really, if it's apple cider vinegar I wouldn't complain too much," She giggles. "But yes, it's been a very trying day--I'm not fond of random people being in my house, regardless of whether or not they're working on things that need fixing; it sets my anxiety off."

Last edited:
I used to work near a school that had a line down the middle of the campus. It was sitting on two cities' lines. If you had to call emergency services, you had to know which town you were in.

I think they do it on purpose so they can blame each other :)

"Oh, y'know, it's okay--although, really, if it's apple cider vinegar I wouldn't complain too much," She giggles. "But yes, it's been a very trying day--I'm not fond of random people being in my house, regardless if they're working on things that need fixing; it sets my anxiety off."

Hi BT, we have a wide selection of virtual wine :D I'm sure we'll find something. Just don't tell CG if it's expensive :)

"Oh, y'know, it's okay--although, really, if it's apple cider vinegar I wouldn't complain too much," She giggles. "But yes, it's been a very trying day--I'm not fond of random people being in my house, regardless if they're working on things that need fixing; it sets my anxiety off."

Ya- I hear that!

*nods vigourously*

Hate even having friends in my house. It is my retreat. If there are people in it where can I retreat too?:eek:

I can understand that. I need to have someone come out and clear brush off the land. I have been meaning to get it done since March, but the idea of having people out, especially early in the morning....sigh... but it has to be done...double sigh.

Ya- I hear that!

*nods vigourously*

Hate even having friends in my house. It is my retreat. If there are people in it where can I retreat too?:eek:

Exactly. I have the niece of a friend coming this summer, I am already looking online for camps and summer programs. But of course they can't start too early..I don't do early.

I'll be back in a while I gotta go for a wee whirly woo on my scoterer to see someone. :) nice day dor it too. Hot sun. cool sea breeze. mirror calm ocean. Ahhhh!

ciao

Back