The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiddo a change in the breeze is enough for that.

Grins

Not true.
Okay. Not totally true.

But a sexy brain is still a sexy brain. SB has sexy brain. So does Nina.

It's not the values expressed. Not completely. I even agree with the basic premise of your point. But it's the total lack of any tact in expressing it that gets everyone fired up, which I suspect is on purpose..... et al.

And so does Thyri.

happy contented sigh
 
Well, that's fascinating. Really. The first paragraph I can only surmise as being part of whatever gossip mongering 13 year old girl you have trapped in your head. As always. You will only see what you wish to see from the sources you choose to see it from. I only know part of what your talking about. It's funny.

I'm not polite or apologetic either. I'm a real cunt most of the time I just don't attack people with my opinion. There are some people around here that should just eat antifreeze and be done with it. I block them and move on. I'm only here for entertainment, not to get a migraine from the idiocy that is truly rampant.

You say you are here to write and don't care about blah blah blah blah .. then why get involved. You are an exceptional writer, so write. It's my view that you choose to suffer the senseless dribble by getting involved in the useless bullshit that is the drama around here. So for fuck sake... write and pull your head out of your ass.

And as for you're whole disability rant, I chose to stay out of that one. I'm a centralist. I can see your point and the point of those that actually need it. I happen to be one of those people you are bitching about. I have several autoimmune disorders. I should be on disability but i'm too fucking stubborn. I'm barely capable of holding down my classwork, being a mom, and counseling part time but dammit, I will get my PHd someday. I might end up on disability before that time though. I dont know. I know I'm extremely limited and I do everything within my power to be as functional as I can. I do agree with you about those that suck the system dry and take advantage of it. I see it up close and personal on a daily basis. Those people are not the majority though.

I fucking love you.
Really. Truly. Honestly.
You are the most amazingly amazing person ever.

And for the record...I saw his point. I agreed with his point to an extent.

But as SB pointed out earlier...anyone who pays taxes (as i do) will be paying for shit we don't agree with. I would personally much rather have everyone be covered by health insurance than to worry about wars/the nation's capital, bullshit politics...etc. etc.

But that's just me. I don't come to Lit to get involved in cyber relationships. I don't come to Lit to get involved in political debate. I don't come to Lit to preach my awesomeness all over the place.

I come to Lit to improve my writing and talk with (not yell at) people who kinda dig where I am coming from. SO, all of this conversation, for the most part? It required me to keep quiet and ignore it...

YET~you say exactly what I was thinking the entire fucking time.

And THAT...is why I love you. Now, if only I could get you close enough to fucking hug.
 
It's not the values expressed. Not completely. I even agree with the basic premise of your point. But it's the total lack of any tact in expressing it that gets everyone fired up, which I suspect is on purpose. I suspect this because as you pointed out, you are a good writer. You have a way with words when you want to. And everyone here knows that. So it's clear to everyone here that when you write something in a way that totally provokes and pisses everyone off, that too is your intent. It's not because you lack the ability to be tactful or express yourself better. It's a choice on your part to start something, which is a trait of internet trolls everywhere.

I know of nobody who considers internet trolls to be well liked. So is it really any surprise when you behave like one that it riles everyone up against you?


Now as to your point. I've said here many times that I believe that what we say and do defines the kind of person we are. It extends to the values we hold too. But the same thing that is true for us as individuals is also true for us as a society. I submit that we, as a society, have put these systems in place to help people because we, as a society declare about ourselves that we are merciful and believe in helping people. This is not to say that you as an individual have to share that declaration, except in the sense that you still choose to be part of this society. You could choose to move elsewhere.

This is not the world of Charles Dickens. You can think like Scrooge all you like, and even be like that character. That's your choice. But the society as a whole chooses not to treat people that way.

Another thing I'd like to address: When people make this argument hypothetically about the folks in society who don't take responsibility for their own actions, they easily point to the cliche of the unwed teenage mother who was not responsible enough to use birth control, or to the drug junkie that has fried their brain and rendered themselves unfit for society, etc. But these are easy examples to incriminate.

What about the returning veteran, 23 years old, who has been sent to fight a war at the behest of his government, and returns with both legs blown off by an IED? Are you going to say, 'Sorry, bud, but it's not my fault you have no legs, Lt. Dan. You don't deserve any help from the government if it involves them taxing me.' I certainly think this would be an individual to whom something is owed by society.

Or what about the child of a crack whore mother? Yes, the mother chose irresponsible behavior, and it's not fair to ask you to support her kid. But are you telling me that you are just going to let the kid starve, or live in ill health, or grow up completely uneducated to become yet another drain on society? It's not the kid's fault they were born into such a circumstance. And who is to say that if that kid is given the chance to become something in life, that they might not be the next whiz kid computer genius like Bill Gates, or maybe some hot shot physician who discovers cures for horrible diseases?

We, as a society, declare that we are the sort who believes in human potential, and so we make the statement about ourselves that we are merciful, just, and kind by offering help to people who need it. Perhaps taxing people to get the funds to offer that help isn't the best way to do it. Let me know if you can come up with a better way. But until then, you are part of this society until you opt out. You can vote to change it, you can run your own life and affairs as you feel justified in doing, but it is what it is until it changes.

Blessing...you rock my socks. That is all.
 
Right off the bat i'd like to say yes.

I've told you before. I agree with most of what you say and most of your views, You're just a dick about nearly everything so it's hard to even think of holding an intelligent conversation with you. Your attitude and need to be right while proving you are a better person than most is rather astonishing.

well said
 
I fucking love you.
Really. Truly. Honestly.
You are the most amazingly amazing person ever.

And for the record...I saw his point. I agreed with his point to an extent.

But as SB pointed out earlier...anyone who pays taxes (as i do) will be paying for shit we don't agree with. I would personally much rather have everyone be covered by health insurance than to worry about wars/the nation's capital, bullshit politics...etc. etc.

But that's just me. I don't come to Lit to get involved in cyber relationships. I don't come to Lit to get involved in political debate. I don't come to Lit to preach my awesomeness all over the place.

I come to Lit to improve my writing and talk with (not yell at) people who kinda dig where I am coming from. SO, all of this conversation, for the most part? It required me to keep quiet and ignore it...

YET~you say exactly what I was thinking the entire fucking time.

And THAT...is why I love you. Now, if only I could get you close enough to fucking hug.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Soon... sometime soon...

and my last thought:
Oh look, there's an ignore list.

It's like the little silver handle on the troll toilet of Lit.
 
FLT~

Oh heating pad, you feel so wonderfully awesome on my poor abused lower back.

I love you. I do.
 
I hope it feels better soon hugs her... fingers massaging tense muscles.

lol, how'd you manage that?

Cuz I am an idiot who was busily arguing with an idiot in the RW while attempting to speak calmly and sensibly. SO I pulled up what I thought was the correct thread so that I could type what I could NOT say, at that point...was the wrong darned thread.

your in pain, your allowed mistakes ;)

True...and muscle relaxers are awesome.
 
Last edited:
Cuz I am an idiot who was busily arguing with an idiot in the RW while attempting to speak calmly and sensibly. SO I pulled up what I thought was the correct thread so that I could type what I could NOT say, at that point...was the wrong darned thread.



True...and muscle relaxers are awesome.
lol, what thread did you put it in?
 
... that I need to stop staring at SB's AV and Signature... LOL... DAMN I love both of those.... :D
 
LTIT

Okay. E's up. Focus. You can do it.

Did he choke the poor little Fae Muse into a black unconsciousness?

I am thinking yes. Let's go see, shall we?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top