The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a bad day.

He was 93. And a WWII vet.

His nurse tonight was also a vet. After he passed, the nurse asked if we'd mind if he put a little flag in his hand. We didn't, of course. Before he left the room, he saluted him. One of the most sincere acts of respect I've ever seen from one stranger to another. Utterly beautiful, and completely devastating.

The world is a lesser place today.

There aren't words.
So, so sorry for your loss.

hugs

:rose:

Today was a bad day.

His nurse tonight was also a vet. After he passed, the nurse asked if we'd mind if he put a little flag in his hand. We didn't, of course. Before he left the room, he saluted him. One of the most sincere acts of respect I've ever seen from one stranger to another. Utterly beautiful, and completely devastating.

*warm hugs, kiss to the cheek*

My condolences to you and your family.

Today was a bad day.

I am so sorry. It is wonderful that he lived such a full life and you were a part of it.

*hugs*

TLIT:

I took this picture without realizing that my nipple was in it, thinking it'd be pg-13. oops

:D :D :D

Oh. Em. Gee. Long-socks are...well...they get me goin'. And the fishnets with ribbons? You're trying to murder me by loss of bloodflow to the brain, aren't you? :p

Today was a bad day.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Today was a bad day.

As someone who had a grandfather who was also in WWII (D-day of all places), you have my condolences. Take solace that he's at peace. To quote a poem.

"And When he gets to heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell;
One more soldier reporting, sir.
I've served my time in Hell!"

Today was a bad day.

He sounds like a beautiful man. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

You have my thoughts, and a hug. :heart:

*Hugs muchly.*

I think I now know what my next voice clip will be. *Evil laugh*
Cover your ears, folks with sensitive tummies.
It'll be a bad one.

Now I wish Daddy really could tie my hands together because I'm going to have one helluva night trying not to rip this shit off. Sleep isn't going to be easy either and I have to get up early again to travel out of town.

Mantra for today?

It's only 24 hours. You can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back