Control II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that collars are bad. But, if someone is going to wear a collar, it should be comfortable and not be something that will injure them.

On the pictured collar, the clasp is in the back. Anytime two metal hinged pieces some together there will be a gap. Both at the connection and the hinge(s) That gap, if near the hair on the neck will catch and break the hair as well as pull on it. Folliculitis might be a simple, easily curable, thing. But when it occurs under a collar that will constantly irritate the skin and follicles, it can be horribly painful and can become infected (or worse) if the irritation is not cared for.

As for beauty, it's thick and dumpy looking, ill designed, and poorly engineered. SHE has a collar that is made of one piece of memory wire. No hinge, no hair pulling, no irritation (it's stainless steel). With the right lock she can wear it in public and it looks like a necklace. Very understated.

HERS is plain straight flat wire, but any amateur jewelry maker could make one that is fancy with add-ons, multiple parallel wires, or filigree if that is desired. A figure 8 loop (top loop smaller than lower loop) on a sliding ring would make a great leash attachment and no one would EVER know. For HER, I have a single round ring I put on the collar whenever I want to. Otherwise it's plain.

The only caveat is that with thin-ish solid wire, you can't pull on the collar. Using the collar as a garrote is not the intent. The intent is submission and acceptance.

You have very strong feelings about that collar. I don't think it's dumpy or ugly at all. I like the cold stark look to it. *shrugs*

The one that I wear latches in the back. It's never pulled my hair, pinched me or caused folliculitis. You can attach a leash on it and pull without chopping my head off which, you know, is a nice bonus....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch, that thing is going to pinch and rub and yank hair out. Daily torture is not what I'd think anyone had in mind for a proper submissive collar. Why the hell would they put the clasp in the BACK and hinge the sides??? God that's an awful design.

And it's ugly too.

I'm not saying that collars are bad. But, if someone is going to wear a collar, it should be comfortable and not be something that will injure them.

On the pictured collar, the clasp is in the back. Anytime two metal hinged pieces some together there will be a gap. Both at the connection and the hinge(s) That gap, if near the hair on the neck will catch and break the hair as well as pull on it. Folliculitis might be a simple, easily curable, thing. But when it occurs under a collar that will constantly irritate the skin and follicles, it can be horribly painful and can become infected (or worse) if the irritation is not cared for.

As for beauty, it's thick and dumpy looking, ill designed, and poorly engineered. SHE has a collar that is made of one piece of memory wire. No hinge, no hair pulling, no irritation (it's stainless steel). With the right lock she can wear it in public and it looks like a necklace. Very understated.

HERS is plain straight flat wire, but any amateur jewelry maker could make one that is fancy with add-ons, multiple parallel wires, or filigree if that is desired. A figure 8 loop (top loop smaller than lower loop) on a sliding ring would make a great leash attachment and no one would EVER know. For HER, I have a single round ring I put on the collar whenever I want to. Otherwise it's plain.

The only caveat is that with thin-ish solid wire, you can't pull on the collar. Using the collar as a garrote is not the intent. The intent is submission and acceptance.

You appear to have a very strong negative view of that jewelry. It is not rough, nor will it pinch skin or capture hair. A well made solid silver piece of neck jewelry is beautiful. How it is given and what it means between a couple is for them.

There are lots of options from wrist bracelets, ankle bracelets, rings to pearls, or solid metal neck pieces and lots more.

For partners different things suit different relationships.

cheers.

Ouch, that thing is going to pinch and rub and yank hair out. Daily torture is not what I'd think anyone had in mind for a proper submissive collar. Why the hell would they put the clasp in the BACK and hinge the sides??? God that's an awful design.

And it's ugly too.

*points to your signature*

Ditto.

I personally think those collars are beautiful. One of my friends has one and she loves it and says it's surprisingly comfortable. They're expensive tho.

I kinda like a collar with a little added heft or weight. It's.... Comforting.

I guess there's always something for everyone, that's just not my style.

tumblr_ohh7q1OENM1vt1eouo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back