What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waking up and remembering that I have the weekend of work made me quite a happy girl this morning. And also that my Master is coming over today with some surprises for me :)

It is so perfect: the heft, the thick rubber grips, the roar, the flying sawdust and wood chips, and the groan of collapsing structures: So far I've taken out a load-bearing wall and my neighbor's bikes.

Besides making me laugh, I am thinking maybe this is a good way to release some of my stress.

The other thing that made me smile was a friend's thoughtfulness. She knows how stressful things have been for me and she gave me a gift card to go have a massage. :D

macbookstickers.jpg

(From this TechEBlog pictorial article. :D)

Ahh Easter Sunday, the celebration of the death and ressurection of a man who probably never existed. I'm enjoying myself watching a Borgias Marathon.

Kinda stolen from The Playground, but given the mood around here recently i thought this might be a fun, on-going thread. Really simple to participate in...just list one or many things that made you smile or laugh today...

Big smile on my face right know reading all these posts inside your thread.

interesting thread. been checking in regularly, in case there's something to report. but cannot recall the last time i laughed or smiled.

nice sign tho.

Easter made me smile. Church was awesome, had my family over for a potluck. My sister did an egg hunt for the munchkins, and the zoloft is working for my sister so we had a great time.

This made me smile and definitely puts everything into perspective!

"My dad is 93 and showing it for the first time," Wallace said. "Physically, he's OK. Mentally, he's not. He still recognizes me and knows who I am, but he's uneven. The interesting thing is, he never mentions 60 Minutes. It's as if it didn't exist. It's as if that part of his memory is completely gone."

Chris Wallace said the only thing his father talked about at that point in his life was his children and grandchildren. "There's a lesson there. This is a man who had a fabulous career and for whom work always came first. Now he can't even remember it."​

Besides making me laugh, I am thinking maybe this is a good way to release some of my stress.

I am only too happy to use my buffoonery in a small way to be of assistance to a stressed-out Litster. You post about stress a lot, and that stress has to wear on you. I hope you destress soon.

For the past month or so, we've been fostering an un-neutered tom who was a stray in our little town. We're taking him to a no-kill shelter 200 miles away to be put up for adoption after he's neutered and they've checked him out medically, though from the weight he's gained while with us, I think he'll probably get a clean bill of health.

He tolerates other cats, but the Corgi is another matter entirely. He does *not* like dogs. At all. However, over the month he's been here, he's gotten a bit more laid back about the whole dog thing. He now just lies on the floor, completely relaxed, no ears back, no hackles raised, and growls (and growls and growls) as long as the dog is in his line of sight. It's smile-making to see and hear the contrast between his physical stance and the warning growl...

I love the animals we take in, and how they and our constant companions (three cats and a Corgi) interact. They give me smiles even on the worst of days.

For the past month or so, we've been fostering an un-neutered tom who was a stray in our little town. We're taking him to a no-kill shelter 200 miles away to be put up for adoption after he's neutered and they've checked him out medically, though from the weight he's gained while with us, I think he'll probably get a clean bill of health.

He tolerates other cats, but the Corgi is another matter entirely. He does *not* like dogs. At all. However, over the month he's been here, he's gotten a bit more laid back about the whole dog thing. He now just lies on the floor, completely relaxed, no ears back, no hackles raised, and growls (and growls and growls) as long as the dog is in his line of sight. It's smile-making to see and hear the contrast between his physical stance and the warning growl...

I love the animals we take in, and how they and our constant companions (three cats and a Corgi) interact. They give me smiles even on the worst of days.

Animals do have the power to make our days pass more happily.:cattail:

Catalina:rose:

"It's impossible" said pride.
"It's risky" said experience.
"It's pointless" said reason.
"Give it a try"... whispered the heart.

Many things made me laugh today but the one that I found extremely amusing is someone trying to order me to take off my shirt and then getting all huffy cause I wouldn't. I don't enjoy conversing with little boys trying to act like men so I was very happy that he finally stopped messaging me.

My 200th blog post! :D

OK, technically, it's more than 200. The blog started as a weekly email newsletter in mid-2003, then morphed to a weekly-ish blog in 2005 - so that's 200 since 2005. Posts have been pretty thin since I started working on the latest manuscript but I try to pop in now and then, and I have a group of loyal readers...which is very cool.

I even had two "fans" come to visit me in Mexico several years ago. That was a kick. And the random strangers who've sent me "you inspired me to _____" (travel, move, write, do something adventurous, start my own business, etc) messages has been the absolute best part of it all.

Anyway, it was very cool to see the little "congrats" message come up when I posted today. Yay me!

My 200th blog post! :D

OK, technically, it's more than 200. The blog started as a weekly email newsletter in mid-2003, then morphed to a weekly-ish blog in 2005 - so that's 200 since 2005. Posts have been pretty thin since I started working on the latest manuscript but I try to pop in now and then, and I have a group of loyal readers...which is very cool.

I even had two "fans" come to visit me in Mexico several years ago. That was a kick. And the random strangers who've sent me "you inspired me to _____" (travel, move, write, do something adventurous, start my own business, etc) messages has been the absolute best part of it all.

Anyway, it was very cool to see the little "congrats" message come up when I posted today. Yay me!

Yay you, indeed! Congrats on hitting 200. I'm sure the average blog is much much shorter in life.

Yay you, indeed! Congrats on hitting 200. I'm sure the average blog is much much shorter in life.

Thanks Yanks!

Well, to be fair to other bloggers, they probably haven't been stranded on deserted islands, with nothing else to do, quite as often as I have. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back