What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so good to hear. I hope you can keep that feeling for a *while.* :rose:

Every once in a blue moon, they have the most impeccable timing; no coordination or planning or intent or anything like that. Schedules just collide in this serendipitous sort of way, and the next thing I know I'm bless with a few hours of normalcy scattered across 24.
 
On the run, over land and water, hunted by a ruthless and relentless tracker, and caught in the schemes of a political powerhouse, Seg and Ama will have to strike an uneasy truce to survive.

The fate of two worlds is in their hands.



Thanks DGE! I feel like I should take a bow or something. :D (Thanks for the superfluous "u" too, lol).

Lots of work ahead still. We are not quite finished formatting the manuscript, which is a royal pain in teh behind. There's also the matter of lining up reviewers who actually read this genre, who will actually read the book, and who will actually give an honest review.

I can't wait to hear MWY read that blurb part as a
Movie trailer when I sit down to watch Madagasgar 12 in a few years!!

And you should take a bow. Perseverance is one of the most admirable of human qualities.

Geez Louise! I haven't heard that term since "Frasier"...:rolleyes:

I love Seattle. And June. Maybe that's it.

now THIS-- is what has made me smile today.

Is she a doll, folks? Yes, she is!

Ain't she a peach???
 
Reinstating stupid email of the week. A group of us send the others the most ridiculous email we've received in the last seven days. Today's was a gripe from an older person: 'My cooker needs to be repaired. It fired and burnt my knob off'...
 
The responses on the toy story childhood thread. Each one is a perfect small essay that somehow gets to the essence of that person. I don't want to even comment until I have more time. Not that the responses need comments at all, though. They just stand.
 
Just one of those silly postcards I saw on Facebook, but it rang true.

"Men are like pantyhose: they either run, cling, or don't fit right in the crotch."
 
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!!

He got the job interview he wanted a lot, and the job is in another town, so there's an ever so slight chance we might be moving after all. :)

And if those yes-es sounded like I was having an orgasm, it really isn't far from truth. If he gets the job and we actually move, I'll get a gushing mental orgasm.
 

I particularly like the vapid, hopeful delivery, the flower opening, and her sitting smiling at the table, covered with dirt.

Perfect.

Those stupid tea party fucks.

I don't know, but I do have a pretty good idea why we don't have them in Chicago. No guy ever wants to look THAT small in the shower.

Hehe.

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!!

He got the job interview he wanted a lot, and the job is in another town, so there's an ever so slight chance we might be moving after all. :)

And if those yes-es sounded like I was having an orgasm, it really isn't far from truth. If he gets the job and we actually move, I'll get a gushing mental orgasm.

Here's to workgasms!



Today is going to be so rewarding. Holiday weekend, start of college football, a party to go to, and tonight, the intoxicating scent of submission is in the air.
 
I can't stop smiling today because the Rugby League team I follow made the top four for the first time in 23 years.
 
My sister. She is just the smartest, most amazing, greatest person on earth. She's just one of those people everyone loves and admires. I wish I was her, but then I wouldn't have her in my life. She's everything I wish I could be.

Edited to add, when I reread this it makes her sound hoity toity. But the exact opposite, she's one of those people you WANT to hang with, like down to earth, everything's going to be perfect. Ya know, I can't even explain, my son said it best years ago, and maintains it since, by just saying she's "magic" that sums it up.

I only wish I was closer to her.
 
Last edited:
I bought a new Dean Koontz book today, to read while the wimmenfolk were shopping more than I wanted to see. I managed a bit over 150 pages while they spent money. :rolleyes:
 
Waking up from an indulgent and quite decadent afternoon nap and not having any have-to plans the rest of the day. What did I do when I woke up? Nothing. And I did that nothing while barefoot in a hammock while listening to the birds and breezes. Was perfect.
 
I'm not quite sure if this was a smile/laugh or just a quizzical eyebrow-raiser...

Italian woman sues husband for seven years of 'slavery'
An Italian woman who signed up to a bizarre contract promising total
sexual and mental submission to her husband is now suing him for
divorce and mistreatment after seven years of "slavery".​

I won't comment on the common though almost-unforgivable punctuation error in the very first sentence of the story in an allegedly erudite and reputable news publication. Oh. Well, yeah, I guess I *did* just comment on it. :rolleyes:

There is, of course, much much more in the original story, linked through the headline above.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top