Kiki's next Adventure

wombat9966

Cute Fuzzy Aussie
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Posts
7,380
Howl was happy. It had been 8 years since he had married his beautiful Sophie and they now had a son of their own, two year old Marcus. They still lived in his castle in the sky which was now powered by an eternal flame thanks to Calcifer, but the flame Demon had left a year ago to go wandering the dimensions on a search for something. He had not told Howl what it was just that something was pulling at him and he needed to go.

Howl and Sophie had been sad to see him go but had understood.After all, he was no longer a prisoner within the castle and was free to go at anytime. They wished him luck on his journey and watched as he formed a minor gateway and slipped between the worlds.

Howl had been researching his magic as well. With the return of his heart the love and compassion he had lost had come flooding back into his life and it had effected his magic greatly. His offensive magic was not as powerful as it once was as he would now think about the consequences of his actions before he cast the spells. Of course this didn't apply when he was defending someone as they actually increased in power as did all of his defensive magics.

He also had found many new ways to use spells purely for entertainment purposes and he was always in demand at festival times now.Of course he was also researching new spells all the time and was going on little trips into the different dimensions around them, picking up new ways to use magic and observing how different beings used theirs.

He had done this years ago as well, but then he had not cared about how he had gone about his research methods. In some cases he had broken into places of learning and taken what he had wanted, in others he had simply observed but in his worse cases he had seduced the female uses of magic and learned their secrets and then left them after he had learned all he could from them. These were the ones he was trying to find to make amends to but it was difficult. Most of those he had done this to were on worlds where death could come at anytime. Others had hidden themselves, or just disappeared. He had managed to contact several and apologize and offer to take any punishment they wished. However they had grown strong as well and realized the truth in his story. They forgave him and wished him well, after all they had gotten something out of it after all.

Howl now had a very good understanding of the multi verse surrounding his own. It was vast and he had pushed far but hardly to it's limits. In fact he didn't know if there were limits, but he knew the further he pushed the harder it was to get back. So far he had not seen Calcifer in his recent travels but that did not mean much. He was a demon and could go places he could not. After all there were planes of existence on each realm as well. He laughed just thinking about it and got up from where he had been sitting at his desk. Enough of that thinking this early in the day, it was time to enjoy some quality family time.

Howl walked up and through passageways. He had purposely put his laboratory as far away from their living quarters as possible. It was just a precaution but a sensible one. He finally made it to the kitchen and walked in on his wife cooking breakfast while Marcus sat in his chair happily banging on it with his spoon. He turned as he saw Howl walk in the room and a beaming smile lit up his face. "Daddy. We flying today Daddy?" he asked with a hopeful smile.
Howl looked over at Sophie who had turned around after hearing Marcus's cry and raised an eyebrow in a silent question. She just snorted and threw up her hands turning back to her cooking, but she had a small smile on her face.

"Looks like we get to son," Howl grinned back, reaching down and tickling his son.

Marcus laughed and squirmed in his seat and Howl stopped and sat down in his beside him as Sophie brought over plates piled with delicious smelling pancakes. Marcus's eyes swelled up and his little mouth formed a big O. Then a squeal of delight left his mouth. "Yay pancakes. I love pancakes, their my favorite. Thanks mum."
Sophie smiled lovingly at her boy and poured maple syrup all over his and put it before him and watched indulgently as the boy attacked it. Howl laughed and then poured the syrup over his and started eating as well. "So my dear, what is on the agenda for today? I seem to recall that you need to do some shopping sometime soon but that is it. I am free for the next several days until that meeting between the King, Madame Suliman and Prince Crispin. It will be good to see Markl again too. He was a little upset when I sent him off to study with Suliman but he has come to accept that she is a very good teacher and he is learning a lot from her. A lot more than I could teach him at the moment considering the time I love to spend with my family," he smiled lovingly at her.
 
Kiki

OOC: This is a NON-sexual fanfic RP.

--------

Kiki was now an adult; just celebrated her twenty-first not too long ago. Her training days were over. She was now officially a witch. She even sponsored a couple of witch-in-training now. Like how she was, the young witches delivered for her Osono Sweets Shop, a pastry shop that named after a kind baker who took her in years ago. She learned quite a few spells over the years, both from this world and other dimensions.

She had only learned about the other worlds a year ago, by accident. Tombo had taken her to the lighthouse off the coast for a date, rather she flew them there on her broom. They had the small piece of cliff all to themselves, like an island of their own. It was romantic and sweet. Everything seemed perfect until beacon went out. She used her her magic to fix the light. When her spell hit, the light turned purple and opened a black hole. Normal people, even other witches, would have run off. Kiki, on the other hand, possessed a very curious mind that she liked to call it bravery. She went in to explore and learned about the other parallel universe.

Some world was magical, some wasn’t. Some was pleasant, while others waged wars. It was... eye-opening. She loved to learn more, traveling between different worlds and learning new things. She wouldn’t go for too long though because her life was here, with this world, with him.

Kiki felt his chest raising up and down with each breath. His heartbeat pumped peacefully underneath her palm. She rose her head from his shoulder and looked at the man next to her. He grinned drowsily up at her, trying to fight off his sleep to enjoy the last couple hours with his fiance. He had a plane to fly in the morning. Tombo had became a pilot for the regional airline not too long ago.

“What’s wrong?” he asked between a big yawn. “Still thinking about what you mom told you? You want to go find him, don’t you? Your father.”

She nodded, smiling a little at how well he could read her without any magical power. On her twenty-one birthday, they returned home to celebrate with her mother, whom told her daughter about a random visitor that paid her a visit. It was Kiki’s father, who she never knew or heard her mom talked about. Apparently they had an one-night stand during her younger years. He had then up and leave into the blue without a word. Her mother then raised Kiki single-handed. She had forgotten and moved on, accepting the fact that he would never return.

Then he came to visit. He had apologized, explained his reasons, and begged for forgiveness. He was, in a way, possessed. His heart was tainted by a demon, and he couldn’t see right and wrong, just hunger for power and pleasure. But now his curse was broken, he was amending his past.

Kiki wanted to meet him, the wizard -another magic user like hersef. Her mother, however, refused to reveal his identity. She said he’s now married with a family of his own. She didn’t want their father-daughter relationship to ruin a changed man’s happiness. Despite how much Kiki begged and demanded, her mother wouldn’t budge. Though she managed to find something of him, a gold ring with ruby.

The ring that Kiki was hanging on the chain necklace around her neck. She grabbed it between her fingers. “I can put a tracking spell with this and find him,” she told Tombo. “This is not from this world. Another dimension that I can use the portal to get to.”

“Which one? Are you going into a field of flowers or a battleground?” he questioned with great concern. He knew she didn’t know, but that wouldn’t deter her. He sat up and planted a kiss on her forehead. “Just be very careful okay?”

Kiki smiled widely and embraced him.
 
Last edited:
Sophie

Sophie wiped the sticky syrup off their son’s face. She was glad he has such appetite but does he have to be so messy. She pulled the plate away from him. Using fork and knife to cut them into bite size and fed them to Marcus, whom looked displease but accepted the food willingly anyways.

She looked across table at her husband and shrugged at his question. “I have nothing else planned beside shopping,” she confessed. “Maybe take Marcus into the town and visit my sister. Say hi to Turnip Head, erhm, I mean Prince Crispin and Markl for me. Tell them don’t be a stranger and visit more.”

She didn’t want to go to the palace with Howl. Even if things were different now. Madame Suliman wasn’t going to attack them. As matter of fact, she had been kind to them and trained Markl diligently. Still, Sophie stayed away unless she really had to.
 
Howl laughed at the mess his son had managed to get himself into. Marcus loved his food, but at least a quarter of it always found it's way onto his clothes and face. He wondered how he could still look so cute with so much food adorning his face at times, but his son somehow managed to pull it off.

He finished his own breakfast off and placed his plate in the sink. The tame spirits immediately washed and dried the plate and stacked it neatly away. Sophie loved that spell but still insisted on tackling the tough jobs herself and he had been roped in on more than one occasion to help move the furniture and clean the rugs and fireplaces out as well as change the bed linen and even air the whole beds.

"Well then, How about you and Marcus get ready and we will stop in Porthaven to do your shopping before we go and visit your sister. You know how much she loves to see you and Marcus and I think she is finally warming up to me," he smiled.

He laughed at the shocked look on his wife's face and held his hands up. "You know it's true dear. When you agreed to marry me she thought you were the biggest fool in all the lands and her opinion of me has barely thawed in the past eight years. If it wasn't for Marcus I don't think I would be allowed in that woman's house. However I think he has warmed her heart a little towards me and in about another thirty years I think she may even smile at me," he chuckled.

"You and Marcus may even wish to stay a few days at her house and have a mini vacation. You know how long winded these meetings get and it could go on for several days. Actually why don't we put off the visit until the day before the meeting. That way I can spend that day with you and then come home that night while you spend the next couple of days there and I get to be bored out of my mind at the palace. For the next few days I can give Marcus some flying lessons and help you tidy up. I know you have been wanting to do that new attic that popped up."
 
Sophie

“All done!” Marcus declared loudly when he noticed the plate of food in front of Sophie is gone. He then rose his small little hands toward her. He stared at her mother with puppy eyes and muttered, “Mama. Hug. Hug. Mama. Hug.”

Sophie caved and scooped the boy into her arms. He immediately clung to her, wrapping his tiny scrawny arms around her neck and nosing his cheek on her neck. “Wub you, mama. Potewt, mama. I will.” Sophie smiled. Her hearts melted. She embraced that little booger tighter. He was as sweet and adorable as his father, maybe just a tad bit.

Before she turned to her husband, she whispered to the boy, “I love you too, Marcus.”

Howl was right. Lettie, her younger sister, still hadn’t completely trust him. He did had quite reputation back then. He was known to be a womanizer, a troubled man, and troublemaker. Sophie knew the rumors weren’t true, not then and definitely not now that he fully possessed his heart.

Sophie cupped her hand over his cheek. “She just couldn’t see the man that you really are. A compassionate man, a great wizard, a loving father, and a wonderful husband.” She leaned up and kissed him on the lips, which lasted about half a second until Marcus joined in.

The boy twisted and now had one hand on her and the other on his father. “Gwop hug!!!” He then bounced off her arms and hung onto Howl. “Flying, Daddy. Go flying.”

“A mini-vacation at my sister sounds good,” Sophie agreed. “Your plan sounds perfect. Marcus has been wanting that flying lessons. Oh right, that attic! Yes, I have lots of plan for it. Yippe,” she shrilled, her excitement possibly matched their two years old.

“First, we scrub it down. No magic, mister,” she declared even before he could suggest. “Your spell doesn’t do as a good job as your own two hands. So we get on our knees and hands, and scrub, alright?” She gave her husband a determined grin before she listed off the rest of the things need to be done to that attic.
 
Last edited:
Kiki

The witch flew her way to top of the lighthouse. Her stare lingered back at the coastline for a minute longer. Then with a deep breath her hand, with the gold ring on her thumb, reached for the light while the other gripped on the wooden broom tightly. Her palm shimmered, and the light responded with its own power. A purple swirl appeared and grew into a three feet big black hole.

Kiki stared into the dark abysses, while its sparkly little dots stared back at her. They shinned and looked like stars. After another deep breath, she hunched over and stepped inside. At the same time, she conjured a location spell on the ring to guide her traveling.

The stars swirled and the opening closed behind her. When darkness completely surrounded her, she began to fall. Her body twirled uncontrollably. Gush of heavy wind bombarded her. Loud, chaotic wind chimes rung in her ears. She squeezed her eyes close and held her breath. Then all the movement finally stopped after what seemed like a century long.

She opened her eyes and found an opening before her. She stepped out and found herself in a room full of hats. She noticed the portal disappeared into a fury, large, black hat. She would have taken it with her but she would look ridiculous in it. She then tiptoed out of the store and found herself in a completely different setting.

Kiki was no longer home. Brick homes were replaced by two-three story wood buildings. People dressed different and more colorful here. Her head swayed left to right with her jaw gaped open as she took in the sight. Each time she saw an older man, she wondered if he’s her father. No one stopped or even noticed the dazed young lady from another dimension.

“Ex, excuse me?” She finally decided to ask for help. She went up one of the ladies just happened to walk pass her. “Where am I?”

She looked at Kiki strangely, before retorted shortly, “Porthaven.”

“Oh, right. Where can I find a jewelry shop?” she asked. She figured it’s a good starting place. “I need to get my ring fix.”

“You’ll be better off at the antique shop. It’s just up ahead,” the lady pointed out the direction. “She has all sort of jewelry and does all repairs. A word of forewarn though, I heard she used to be witch. Some even said it’s the Witch of the Waste. But hahahhahaha, how could that be possible right?”

Kiki had no idea who she was talking about but laughed flakily to fit in. “Ha. Ha. Ha. Right. Thank you.” With that, she headed toward the antique shop.
 
Last edited:
Howl took his sons hand and led him to the outside courtyard. It was totally enclosed by the surrounding walls of the castle but was not tiny. It was in fact where they grew a lot of their vegetables and had their flowers and herbs. They often came out here to sit and relax and it was Marcus's main play area. Today it was going to once again become his classroom as well.

Howl had noticed that Marcus had a gift for magic very early in life. By the age of one his toy soldiers were marching across the floor and his favorite toy would float to him if he left it anywhere. He had started to teach him little things and he had absorbed them so fast he knew he would be a far greater Wizard than he would ever be. One day Marcus had seen him fly into the courtyard and his little eyes had grown as large as saucers.
"Me Daddy, Me. I fly too." Howl had thought he wanted to just go for a ride so he picked him up and buzzed around the courtyard with him, the boys mouth open in glee, laughing as the whooshed around.

He landed after a few minutes and again Marcus had said, "I fly daddy."
He had smiled down at his son and ruffled his hair. "Not now Marcus Daddy has some work to do but later I can take you for another ride."
Marcus had shaken his little head and looked serious."No, Marcus fly. No Daddy, Marcus." Howl had stopped and looked at him and realized what he was trying to say and had picked him up. "Not just yet little one, you need to learn a lot, but I think very soon we will get you flying don't worry. I am proud of you Marcus."

It had taken his son a long time but he had learned and now it was time for him to practice again. "Now remember Marcus, Just inside the courtyard and no going above the tops of the buildings. I have to teach you more spells before you can do that. Are you ready? Then lets go."

They took off and slowly began to fly around the courtyard. First in the open area, then as Marcus got more control, around the trees and plants. He began to laugh and cry out as he got better and Howl called out his encouragement. After an hour they floated gently back to the ground. "You are getting better Marcus. Soon You can join me in the skies but not just yet."
His eyes widened and the boy toddled off to tell his mother about his flight even though she had been watching the whole thing from the windows. Howl grabbed the cleaning things and quickly flew up to the new attic and took them in via the window. Buckets, Mops, Brooms, Dusters, Soap, Brushes it all went up. It looked like he was in for a long day. He knew just how clean Sophie loved things to be, but he loved her and he would do this for her without magic because that was her way.
 
Sophie

Sophie marched to the attic while Howl played with Marcus in the courtyard. She opened all the windows to air out the place. She watched her husband and son playing below her. Marcus sure took a lot after his father, especially his gift with magic. That made her both proud and frightened. She was glad that Howl’s here to teach and guide the boy.

“Mama! I can fly soon,” Marcus announced happily once they walked in through the window.

“That’s nice, dear.” Sophie shuffled the boy’s locks while shot Howl’s a warning look. She whispered, “You be careful with him. Don’t let him turn into the beast.”
 
Howl looked solemnly at Sophie and nodded. "I will never allow that to happen to our son I swear. I will seal his powers away before something like that happens." Smiling he looked over at his laughing son and back at her. "Besides with a mother like you raising him, I doubt he will turn into anything bad. That is why you complete me so well. I take the risks but you know when to tell me it is time to pull back and stop."

He pulled her into his arms and wrapped her in a warm hug, then both of them watched as Marcus tried to reach something on a high shelf. Of course it was too far away but he smiled and started to fly up and Sophie moved to grab him. Howl held her and shook his head, motioning her to wait. Marcus was halfway to the toy when he looked down and stopped, then sank to the floor. "No, Only fly with Daddy. No inside. Mummy say so."

Howl beamed with pride and pulled Sophie around a corner then walked in the room. Then he let Sophie rush over to him. He watched and was proud. No he couldn't see him growing up as a beast with Sophie to keep him in check.
 
Sophie

She knew he would keep his words. He would protect Marcus from turning into a beast at any cost. She reminded him gently, “You better not take any more risk, mister. You have us to protect now.”

Sophie couldn’t help but to sigh satisfyingly as she stood in Howl’s arm and watched their son hovering and then correcting himself. The boy had remembered her rule about no flying in the house. That prompted her to rush over to him and scooped him into her arms once again. “Marcus is such a good boy. Hm, a very sweaty boy at that. The attic can wait. You need a bath.”

She looked back at her husband with wide eyes like she just remembered that she had forgotten something. “Howl, I ordered a few antique lamps from Wow’s shop. Can you pick them up for me? It’ll look very nice for our bathroom.”

Wow, shortened for Witch of the Waste, had opened a shop in Porthaven after their last run-in eight years ago. She no longer had power or hatred toward Howl. She was now an elderly, content lady who owned a shop as a living. She collected and sold many old things, some magical and some just plain junks. Sophie liked to buy a few here and there to support the lady.

“Take her the fruit basket too,” Sophie instructed. Although they lived in the outskirt of town, she knew Howl had way to “zap” in and out of that store easily.
 
Last edited:
Howl chuckled as he walked back downstairs towards the kitchen. He had escaped cleaning the attic for now, but he knew his wife would eventually have him on his hands and knees scrubbing the place. For now though he was free and he planned to enjoy it. He grabbed the fruit basket and approached the door. They had landed their castle when Marcus was born and settled outside of Porthaven and the door led to a beautiful grassy meadow where the boy could play to his hearts content.

Of course Howl still had a few tricks up his sleeve and as he approached it he waved his hand and it glowed red for a second and as he opened it it now opened on an alley and he stepped out and shut the door. Behind him was a solid wall and he walked out of the alley and started across the street towards the witches antiques store.

He walked in to find a young girl already talking to her and so just decided to browse until she was free to talk. He loved looking at all the things she collected, and finding the rare old piece of magical equipment that ended up here. She always seemed to get the good stuff.
 
Kiki

The wind chime rung as Kiki pushed the wooden door open. Her eyes widened at the messy place. Random objects cluttered the bookshelves along the walls. Big bulky furniture and ornament scattered around here and there. It didn’t have a theme, just a big mess.

“How can I help you child?” a deep yet quirky voice greeted from behind the counter. The old lady, short and stout with saggy skins, smiled widely. She held a walking stick although she sat on a wheelchair. Her smile seemed fictitious somehow, but she meant to be genuine really. Despite how much the Witch of the Waste, or now known as Ms. Wow, had changed to good, she couldn’t completely shake off her evil aura. Still, she meant no harm now. She was just an old owner of an antique store.

“Can you tell me anything about this ring? Like where can I get them, what kind of people would get them, and so forth?” Kiki unlatched the ring off her necklace and held it out to the owner.

The old woman held it close to her eyes, twisted and turned between her stubbly fingers. “Hm. Hm. Interesting. Marvelous. Yes. I know. Yes.”

Kiki anxiety skyrocketed as she listened and watched the woman examine the only thing that she has of her father. She leaned closer over the counter. “So, what can you tell me?”

The two ladies were so focus that they hardly notice the other customer. It wasn’t until Wow took her eyes off the ring and leaned back on the wheelchair that she greeted her ex-lover. “Hoooowl, come here.” Her fingers beckoned him over while the other hand held the ring out to him. “You don’t happen to recognize this, do you?”

Kiki looked to the lady’s gesture and found a dark hair man with a basket in his hand.
 
Last edited:
Howl was surprised when Wow called him over. She normally ignored him while he was in the shop until they were alone then greeted him with enthusiasm. She must have found something truly wonderful this time to call him over like this. As he walked up he began to see what was in her hands and his steps began to falter and his face paled. Finally he was standing beside the girl and Wow opened her hands fully showing him the ring flat on her palms. He allowed the basket to fall from his numb hands to thump on the floor as he stared numbly at it.

He knew this could happen one day but it had been so long that he had allowed the possibility to fade from his mind. The ring was pure gold and had a ruby upon it. However it was the black markings on the sides that drew his attention. One was his crest and the other was the world name of the dimension he had been in when he had given it to the woman. He had spent most of the last few years tracking down these women and apologizing for his actions and providing for any children from his unions. However this one had not been fruitful and she had wanted nothing from him although she had understood. He had known he could do nothing for her and could not ask or get her forgiveness and had left.

Now here was the ring again, along with this young woman, why? Howl snapped out of his mood and started to get angry. This girl should not have this ring. He may be a asshole for what he had done to that woman but he would find out why her ring was here now. "Why Wow, what a pretty ring," He told her giving her a wink and signaling her to play along. " I have seen one almost exactly the same not a day ago on the hand of a friend of mine I am sure. Now what was his name? Oh come now," he said tapping his chin in thought "We just played cards together and I can picture his face so clearly but his name has slipped my mind...Don't you hate when that happens," he grinned at the girl. "Oh sorry it will come to me. My name is Howl by the way and you are.." he asked holding his hand out.
 
Kiki

The old witch knew the ring had belonged to Howl. She was overly obsessed with him back in the days after all. Even now, her legs still went limb when Howl winked at her. She didn’t bust him though. Instead she watched his reaction quietly with a wide grin on her face.

Kiki too was watching him closely. The man was handsome with flawless complexion, well-groomed dark hair, and high sense of fashion. Yet at the same time, she felt his energy, his power that’s somewhat felt familiar. So she figured that he must be a magic-dweller as well; oblivious that he was the man she’s desperately searching for and wanting to meet.

Her eyes bulged, and she almost bounced onto him when he claimed to know the owner. She hastily grabbed his hand, more latching than shaking it. Her grip tightened as she pleaded all in one breath, “Can you take me to this friend of yours? Who is he? What is he like? How is he? Where is he?”

Wow sneakered and teased, “Child, calm down before you have a heart-attack.”

“Ooh, right. Where are my manners…Sorry about that.” The young witch apologized and released Howl’s hand as she added, “I’m Kiki. I’m looking for the ring’s owner. Can you tell me where I can find your friend?”
 
Last edited:
Howl was a bit surprised at the girls reaction. She had seemed like her life depended on finding the owner and seeing how that was him he decided to have a good look at her. She was a cute girl, in fact looking closer he saw that she was in fact a young woman. She was somewhere in her early twenties he would guess, but because of the way she dressed and acted she appeared younger.

He allowed his eyes to perceive her aura for a second or two and learned a few things. One, she was not of this realm. Two, she was reasonably powerful in magic but had much more potential. But what was more important was three. She was related to him.

Damn no wonder she had the ring. He had left a few of the women he had apologized to one who had refused any form of recompense. It had a charm on it so that if they ever needed him for anything they only had to ask for him and he would hear it. Obviously this girl was his daughter and had found the ring, probably casting a locator spell which had brought her this close to him until his own wards had defeated her magic. He now had to work out how to play this. Obviously he could not just shun the girl, that would be very rude, but he would have to discuss this with Sophie.

Then he had what he thought was a brilliant idea. "Very well Kiki. Why don't you come home with me and maybe my wife can help jog my memory some. I am sure she will be glad to meet you. I know my son will, he just loves visitors."
Smiling he turned to Wow and handed over the fruit basket and was going to walk out when he remembered why he was here. "Oh Wow do you have those lamps Sophie ordered. If I don't pick them up I better not go home at all," he laughed.

Once he had them safely in his arms in two boxes he cast a charm on them causing them to float at head height just behind him as he walked and then invited Kiki to proceed him out of the shop. "My home is on the outskirts of the village so I can show you around on the walk home."
 
Kiki

“Great, lets go.” Without hesitation, Kiki agreed eagerly at the man’s offer. It might seemed rude to barge into someone’s home randomly. If that was a way to find her father, she threw good manners out the window.

The old witch looked perplex, wondering and wanting to know why Howl’s being nice to this young lady. She was distracted by the basket of food. She pointed at the antique lamps on one of the shelves when he asked for them. She already dug into the basket as the two of the headed out of her shop.

“Thank you.” Kiki bowed at the old witch before she took off with the broom in her hand.

She walked next to him and below one of the boxes hovering above them. “Mr.,” she tried to remember what the shop owner had called him, “Mr. Howl, right? Thank you for your help. How can I repay you?”

The duo attracted glares as they walked down the street. Unlike Kiki, most of them rarely see magic. Some was impressed while others felt threaten.
 
Last edited:
Howl smiled at the girl and at the people walking past. "Oh don't worry about it. It is the least I can do. After all I did say I knew the owner of that ring and you did seem to be all excited to know who that was, so I have to help you find him don't I. I am sure my wife can help me with that," Howl smiled.

"Meanwhile we can have a lovely lunch together and you can help me with a few things. As you might have gathered from peoples reactions, magic is kind of scarce around here and I sort of need some help with a little spell. My apprentice is away studying so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind pitching in. Don't worry it's nothing too stressful just a little binding spell that's all."
 
Kiki

Seeing him smile made her smile too. Kiki couldn’t believe how nice this stranger is to her. Oddly his smile reminded her of someone, but she couldn’t figure out who at the moment.

“Yes, I’m excited to find him but nervous at the same time. It’ll be my first time meeting him. Honestly, I don’t really know what he looks like. You could point to someone randomly.” She then realized what had slipped her lips. “Oh, no no. I don’t mean that you would do that. It’s just that....” she exhaled.

“Never mind. I’m rambling. Again, thank you. It’s very nice of you to go this length to help me. You and your wife sounds like a lovely couple. You mentioned a child too right? I bet he’s as cute as a mutton.”

At the sound of lunch, her stomach involuntary growled. “At least let me buy you lu---,” but then changed her mind, “Never mind. I can’t do that. My currency wouldn’t work here. So I’m absolutely up to help you with that spell---Wait how do you know I can use magic?”
 
Last edited:
Howl chuckled to himself. Oh she was nervous alright and was one of those talkative nervous types. Calcifer would have had a field day with her. He smiled wistfully at the memory of his old friend and continued walking towards his house.

"My dear I don't know how it is on your world and yes I even know that you come from another realm, but here there are not that many magicians and the few of us here have all learned to look for more. We can spot magic potential from a mile off and you have it in abundance. Even more than you know I think," he grinned at her.

They continued walking and he showed her the sights. The clock tower, the market place, the local hot spots and the mayors house. Finally they made their way out of the town and towards his castle. "That is my house in the meadow up ahead," he warned her. Most people assumed the place was abandoned but now that Sophie was in charge the place was looking a lot more lived in these days but it still looked a bit run down around the edges.
 
Kiki

“Yea, I can sense your power too. And then you confirmed it.” She pointed at the floating boxes about them. Her cheeks blushed just slightly when he talked about her untapped potential. Kiki was never good with getting compliments. Even after so many customers and the neighbors oo-ed and aw-ed with thanks and praises about her power, she still felt embarrassed about it.

“You know about the portals too? Have you traveled into another realm? Where all have you been? I once ran into these two sisters who have this giant fluffy gray and white bear-like as a pet. Actually friend. They called him Totoro. He was the cutest and fluffiest thing. We don’t have anything like that at home. Just talking cats.”

She enjoyed and admired all the different sights he took them to. It was a neat little town, full with characters. As they continued on, a pair of ladies with large and fancy hats past them. They pointed, rolled their eyes, and commented behind their fans, “Oh, there he goes seducing girls again. Bad habit dies hard, I suppose. Sophie is foolish and gullible.”

Kiki heard bits and pieces of their words. She looked up at Howl with curiosity, eyebrows scrunched, but she held her tongue. She shouldn’t be nosy and pry in other people’s business. She needed to focus on her own, find her father.

She was surprise to find Howl’s dwelling is in the outskirt of town. She pegged him as a city dweller by the way he dressed, not a country boy. She continued to follow him down the dirt path. Once they made over a hill, his house came to view. It couldn’t be anyone’s else since it was the only one in the middle of the meadow.

“Wow.” She admired the giant...thing... Everything looked disjoint yet complimented each other in a strange way. She had never seen anything like it, not in her or this realm. “That’s your place? It looks awesome!”
 
Last edited:
Howl smiled at Kiki's reaction to his home. Normally most adults frowned at it but she saw it for what it really was, a work of art. He knew it would appreciate her and not play it's usual tricks on newcomers on her. He led her up to the door and opened it onto the kitchen and almost got barreled over as Marcus came running out laughing and racing off into the meadow. Sophie was not far behind but Howl was used to this and had already stepped aside.
"Marcus, you get back here right now or so help me when your father gets home I will have him hang you from the highest flagpole and leave you there," she shouted after him. As she looked after the fleeing giggling child she noticed both her husband and the young woman beside him. Straightening herself up she smiled tightly at him and pointed towards the area Marcus had run off too. "Go and get your son Howl. He is being a rotten little horror again. Oh and leave those boxes inside the kitchen before you do. I will take charge of the girl, now just go and get him before he scares the neighbors like last time."

Howl chuckled as he quickly sent the boxes floating inside and started to run off. "Oh Sophie this is Kiki, Kiki Sophie my charming wife. I will be right back after catching my wayward son." Still chuckling he ran off then flew after his son.
 
Kiki & Sophie

A little boy came running out of the house and whizzed pass Kiki. He only had a bathrobe on, and shampoo was still sticking on his hair. He slowed down just enough to wave to Kiki. His speed then picked up again when a lady’s voice shouted for him. The boy laughed and ran on out of the kitchen, into the meadow.

Kiki stayed quiet as Sophie ordered Howl to go get the boy. Kiki made a quick bow at the lady of house when Howl introduced them before he ran off after his son. “It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Howls.”

“Please, just call me Sophie. Sorry about this ruckus. Our son can be quiet a handful. Come. Sit. I’ll make you some tea.”

Kiki rested her broom by the door before she sat down. She looked and admired the place. It was simple, yet very homey. The decorations were unique. Some looked very old, but still beautiful nevertheless.

Sophie asked while she put the kettle over the open fireplace. “So, Kiki, what business do you have with my husband?”

“He’s helping me finding someone. He said you might remember him. He’s one of his card buddies.”

“Card buddies?” She placed the silver tray with the tea and cups on the table. She poured some tea into the young girl’s cup. “Does he have a name? What does he look like?”

Kiki sank in her seat. “I don’t know his name or face. I just have this…” She reached for his necklace but couldn’t find the ring. Then she remembered Howl still had it. “Well, a ring. And Howl said he recognizes it from his buddy.”

“And this man you’re trying to find, who is he to you?”

The young witch thought for a second before answered honestly. “He’s my father. I’ve never met him. He was never around mom and I. I just like to at least know what he looks like and meet him at least once.”

Sophie clicked her tongue in disapproval. “What a irresponsible man! He should be ash---.” Marcus’ loud voice distracted her. “Tsk, excuse me.” She got up and walked over to the opened window, screaming out, “Howl, get him back in here before he catches a cold!”
 
Last edited:
Howl had easily caught up to his son and was now actually playing with him. he had picked him up and was twirling him around and throwing him in the air, the boy laughing hysterically. When he started tickling him he had cried out and both had looked at the window. Sure enough it had opened and Sophies voice had rang out. “Howl, get him back in here before he catches a cold!” Both of them knew play time was over but Howl put the boy on his shoulders and started walking back towards the door.

He started thinking and realized that he had missed all of this with the young girl waiting for him inside. It made him a little sad to think about it but he knew he had to make it up to her somehow. Of course he had to tell Sophie who she was first before he did anything and he knew it was going to come as a big shock to her. He just hoped she could forgive him this as readily as she had forgiven him about the past women in his life.
 
Kiki & Sophie

The boy’s silly laughs bought a smile on Kiki’s face. He sounded so happy. Both Howl and Sophie seemed to love him. They were a nice and cute couple. They were one happy wholesome family. She not only was happy for them, but also was a little jealous at the picture perfect family. “You have a very nice home, Sophie. And a beautiful family. Your son is lucky to have both of you in his life.”

Sophie returned to the table. “It’s very kind of you to say that. We’ll find that father of yours. Maybe there’s a very good reason why he left you and your mom. Once Howl gets in here, I’ll see if I can help him remember this buddy of his.”

Kiki smiled, feeling very grateful. “Thank you! He also mentioned a spell that he needed my help. Do you know what it is?”

“Nope. I don’t dabble in that stuff. The boys are the only magicians in this household. Well, I think they should be back in a minute. Just sit tight while I put up these two lamps before Marcus accidentally knocks them over or something.” Sophie got up, picked up one of the boxes and trotted off.
 
Last edited:
(Sorry for delay. RP has interfered)

Howl strode back inside and looked around the kitchen. He saw Kiki sitting at the table and noted that one of the boxes had disappeared. Sophie must have taken it upstairs already before Marcus decided to explore the contents. Deciding to earn himself some credit with his wife he kept a hold of him and sat down.

"Marcus this is Kiki. She is going to be having lunch with us today then she will help you and me with an important spell. I want you to say hello to her and be very polite or I won't let you help us with the spell."

Howl knew Marcus would behave now. The threat of not being involved with magic always made him behave and knowing he was going to be involved made it doubly sure. He smiled at Kiki and waved again. "Hi KeeKee. Me Marcus. I do Magic."
 
Back
Top