Where are all the British guys n girls?!?!?

Seen that one, seems to be just a hand full of the same people chatting to each other, I'm kinda shy and have always struggled to just push my way into someone elses conversation.

i know how you feel,they do seem to all be well good friends,i jut stay quite n lurk.

Just do it!
The reason that it's all the same people talking to each other is because new people don't say hello!

And they don't bite.......much. :D

Hello all, happy Sunday.
Just deciding whether to cook a roast or not, seriously lacking in energy or motivation today. Also a little hacked off as I missed a pair of tickets to The Who :( and its all sold out now.

Avoiding the obvious (ooh I bet you have etc) what is the difference between a pot roast and a regular roast?

A pot roast is done in a pot.

1. Use a heavy pot with a lid. Cast iron is best
  2. heat some oil in the pot, on the stove
  3. brown the joint all over, then set aside
  4. chop some onions, if you're lazy and they are not huge then you could halve or quarter them
  5. fry the onions a bit in the pot, till they are browned
  6. add some more vegetables, carrots, celery, or root veg
  7. give it a good stir, replace the joint (meat, we're not talking spliffs . . .)
  8. cover with liquid, red wine is good here, maybe a tin of tomatoes too
  9. bring to the boil, then either leave on low heat on the stove or put in the oven, 160-170 celsius
  10. coook more or less for the same time as if you were just roasting it
  11. check that nothing has stuck to the bottom periodically, top up liquid (water is fine) if it looks dry
  12. best with less choice cuts, shoulder rather than leg for example

Does one put marijuana into a Pot roast? :D

It's optional, comes under 'season to taste.'

A pot roast is done in a pot.

1. Use a heavy pot with a lid. Cast iron is best
  2. heat some oil in the pot, on the stove
  3. brown the joint all over, then set aside
  4. chop some onions, if you're lazy and they are not huge then you could halve or quarter them
  5. fry the onions a bit in the pot, till they are browned
  6. add some more vegetables, carrots, celery, or root veg
  7. give it a good stir, replace the joint (meat, we're not talking spliffs . . .)
  8. cover with liquid, red wine is good here, maybe a tin of tomatoes too
  9. bring to the boil, then either leave on low heat on the stove or put in the oven, 160-170 celsius
  10. coook more or less for the same time as if you were just roasting it
  11. check that nothing has stuck to the bottom periodically, top up liquid (water is fine) if it looks dry
  12. best with less choice cuts, shoulder rather than leg for example

It's optional, comes under 'season to taste.'

Sounds nice! Mmmm lamb would do well. May need to get a bigger pan tho

Sounds nice! Mmmm lamb would do well. May need to get a bigger pan tho

Lamb is good, you can add brown or green lentils, Puy are best, and some cumin or whatever. Pork can be done with borlotti beans, or any other similar bean I guess. Oh, plenty of garlic too!

I think pot roast is more of an American thing, you can prepare it on an open fire, useful when you're on the move and don't have an oven. In Europe people would take stuff to the village baker to cook in an oven, hence boulangère potatoes.

Er, anyone want to talk about fucking now?

Back