Thank you for the music (closed)

"And now ladies and gentlemen, one of the biggest hits to cross our airwaves the last year, he have had more hits on YouTube than any other artist, his song have been downloaded all over the world and is currently called a Viral Hit. Ladies and Gentlemen, please put your hands together and welcome Charles Streak!"

Charles walked onto the stage, he smiled at the people as they roared at his appearance, holding up both hands the crowd started chanting: Streak! Streak! Streak!

He stood at the microphone and plugged in his electric guitar, brushing his hair out of his face, he looked out over the crowd and saw Luna right in the front.

"Thank you everybody. It's a huge honor to be here. All of this is possible because one woman saw in a park singer more than just a man with a guitar and a not too bad voice. She helped me to write this song, she is the best friend I have and she's here tonight to watch me sing the song we have written together."

He pointed directly at Luna and two spotlights swung to illuminate Luna,

"Luna Wolf"

He gave her a grin and then started to play the intro to the song, the guitar grabbed everybody's attention,

"The picture of her still hangs in the hall
The one that I took by the beach
The day that we walked
For hours and hours
Talkin' 'bout how things would be

So many nights she slept in my arms
I never thought it would end
So I keep on telling myself that she's gone
But I can't get her out of my head
Yes I keep on sayin'
These words to myself
Over and over again

She's yesterday's love
She's yesterday's dreams
I know tomorrow will come
But I'm somewhere lost in between

She's yesterday's love
She's yesterday's dreams
And she'll live her life without me

She said she was mine
To have and to hold
Forever till death do us part
I gave her my love
She carried my name
But I couldn't carry her heart

So I'll just be holding my pillow tonight
Trying to stay warm in this bed
And I'll keep on telling myself that she's gone
But I can't get her out of my head
Yes I'll keep on saying
These words to myself
Over and over again

She's yesterday's love
She's yesterday's dreams
But I'm somewhere lost in between

She's yesterday's love
She's yesterday's dreams
And she'll live her life without me"

The chords died away to the loud cheers of the crowd, he smiled brightly and placed both hands' fingers to his lips and moved his arms outwards like he had blown a kiss.

"THANK YOU!!"

The crowd roared even louder as Charles waved once more and walked from the stage.

Luna was surprised and everyone looked at her when the light was on her, she smiled a little bit and it was really nice to be able to have something like this in that moment. Once he was done she ran through and got in the back, a big beefy guy looked at her and she smiled happily enjoying the thought of the moment, smiling happily everything was as it should be. It was nice to be able to do things with her friend. And finally getting to him she smiled at him, having no idea how much he did care till tonight.

"Your sweet Charles, but I saw you when no one else did you have a gift and I am happy to see you using it"

He chuckled when she came to the back,

"And here I thought I'd get a hug and a kiss, telling me I did ok for a first time."

He gave her a grin and almost got bowled over by a group of men arguing with a man in a suit, they were not happy at all.

"HEY! Watch it!"

His voice almost seemed to cut through their argument and the suited man turned to him.

"Hey, you're that guy who just sang on stage."

Charles frowned,

"Yes I am."

The other men crowded around him and Luna,

"Yeah, yeah he's that Streak guy."

One guy grabbed Charles' arm,

"Can you use that thing you're carrying?"

Charles looked at his new electric guitar and arched an eyebrow,

"Obviously."

The suited man pushed forward,

"Our guitarist is stuck in traffic, we have to start in six minutes and he can't make it here on time."

"Yeah man we need help, think you can learn a song in like...five minutes?"

Charles frowned,

"Listen guys no offense, but who the hell are you?"

The suited man tapped his chest,

"I'm Richard de la Font, this is David Draiman, John Moyer, Mike Wengren and our missing member is Dan Donegan."

When Charles just gave them a dead-pan expression, Luna piped in from behind him,

"Disturbed?"

Charles felt his eyes widen and his jaw grew slack,

"Whoa! Why didn't you just say so? Sure! Sure! What's the song?"

David spoke up,

"Down with the sickness."

Charles nodded,

"I know it, but uhm don't you guys usually travel with like a bus?"

Richard nodded,

"Yes but Don had a family emergency, he had landed on time, he would have been here on time, but now he got stuck in heavy traffic, there is just no way to get him out. He said that he'll make a plan to make it here."

Charles nodded and took hold of a paper that got thrust into his hands, he glanced over at Luna, he smiled and mouthed: WOW

Luna smiled at what was going on and knew who they were right away and grinned she had listened to there music for a very long time and knew that they were a nice group of guys and chuckled. "I am sorry that you have had a rough time I hope you guys do great. And I wont beg you guys for auto graphics as long as you let me go with Charles" She smiled at them and thought.

"Down with the sickness was one of my favorites, looks like you get to join a band for the night Charles group of legends" She said and thought for a second and thought. "Actually that song is the reason I wanted to learn to play guitar and I have listened to a lot of songs which you know all to well Charles" She said happily and wondered how this was going to go. She knew the song, know all the pieces of the parts the band had and wished in a way she was Charles to be able to play with the band.

Charles started to study the page, the chords wasn't that difficult, David moved closer,

"What I think will be a great idea is if you could join into the song, here and here."

Charles nodded as he studied,

"Ok we can do that."

He kept studying the paper as Richard hurried away to sort out the sound equipment, a few minutes later the announcement came over the speakers and he had to move back to the side of the stage, one of the sound techs came over and plugged in his guitar, the crowd erupted as the guys walked out onto the stage. They got their positions and a general murmur went up because Don was lacking, then the drum intro started and the crowd erupted as the old favorite kicked off the show, Charles adjusted his guitar for the right pitch and started playing, the crowd went nuts, but there was no Don, they expected him to make a huge entrance. David started the familiar intro:

"Do you feel that?
Oh shit
Ooh ah ah ah ah
Ooh ah ah ah ah"

Charles walked onto the stage still playing, David shouting out,

"Charles Streak!"

Stunned and then elated the crowd roared their approval,

Charles:

"Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Broken your servant I kneel"

David

"Will you give it to me?"

Charles

"It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me"

David

Charles

"Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes
Oh no, there is no turning back now
You've woken up the demon in me

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Get up, come on get down with the sickness"

David

"Open up your hate, and let it flow into me

You mother get up
Come on get down with the sickness
You fucker get up
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me"

Charles

"I can see inside you, the sickness is rising
Don't try to deny what you feel"

David

Charles

"It seems that all that was good has died
And is decaying in me"

David

Charles

"It seems you're having some trouble
In dealing with these changes
Living with these changes
Oh no, the world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon in me

Open up your hate, and let it flow into me"

David

"Get up, come on get down with the sickness
You mother get up
You fucker get up
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me"

Charles

"And when I dream
And when I dream
And when I dream
And when I dream"

David

"No mommy, don't do it again
Don't do it again
I'll be a good boy
I'll be a good boy, I promise

No mommy don't hit me, oh-ooh
Why did you have to hit me like that mommy?
Don't do it! You're hurting me, oh-ooh
Why did you have to be such a bitch?

Why don't you, why don't you fuck off and die?
Why can't you just fuck off and die?
Why can't you just leave here and die?
Never stick your hand in my face again bitch
Fuck you

I don't need this shit
You stupid sadistic abusive fucking whore
Would you like to see how it feels mommy?
Here it comes, get ready to die"

Charles

"Ooh ah ah ah ah
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me

You mother get up
You fucker get up
Madness has now come over me!"

The crowd roared as loud as ever and Charles raised both hands, his fore fingers and pinkies extended from his fists. The classic rocker pose, the other guys did the same and the crowd absolutely loved it. Charles glanced over at Luna where she stood and also found Richard standing next to her, he gave them a thumbs up, that meant that Don had made it.

Charles gave a wave and walked off of the stage, plugging out his guitar as he went, Don showed up with his signature guitar slung over a shoulder, he held out a hand and Charles handed him the cable. Don looked first confused and then plugged in his guitar and held out his hand again, Charles shook his hand,

"Thanks man you helped us massively."

Charles nodded,

"No sweat man, it's a huge pleasure. Get out there, the fans missed you."

Don walked out and the crowd roared, Richard came over,

"Thanks this is one gig we could not lose out on."

Charles nodded,

"No problem, I'm sure that all gigs are important to guys as well known as you."

He grinned at Luna,

"Can I get that hug and kiss now?"

Luna was happy to see Charles out there with a big band, she had always wanted to perform with them, but gave up that idea a year ago. She was one of the best guitar players out there, but no one could really hear the talent since she kept it all locked up. Smiling at her friend she clapped with everyone and watched him. Hearing what he said she chuckled a little bit, and walked up to him hugging him and even kissed his cheek. He was a big hit with everyone, and it means with her as well.

"You were great"

He hugged her and stood with his arm around her, the guitar slung onto his back as the group went on with their show. He watched them perform, pouring their energy into the show, he leaned down to her,

"Seems like I'm famous, now they know what I look like and tomorrow the newspapers will have me along with the guys on stage. I think my quiet days in the park are over."

Luna smiled at him and could not help but be curious about this "Just don't forget where you came from Charles, a lot of celebrities who had it hard and in a year or more they forget where they came from become different people. I am not saying you will I am sure that you will always remember, but there are people here that care for you Charles. If you are happy then so am I, something I want for you" She said kissing his forehead.

He shook his head,

"You are a strange one miss Wolf."

He waited for the group to finish their song and then walked back to the dressing room to get the stuff washed from his face and get dressed into more comfortable clothes. The shirt was a bit too tight and the jeans too skinny. Luckily he had brought his own clothes along.

She watched him and could not help but smile at him, he looked good with clothing clinging to him. Made him look sexy, the style that he would get use to in time. She just hoped that while she was in the shadows of his success that he didn't forget her. That scared her more then anything, losing her friend to fame. Since fame did change many people, she did not think it would be him but she just hoped for something more. She chuckled with what he said and silently sighed a little bit looking at him.

"What you said for your song Charles it meant a lot to me, your a good man and a great friend"

He smiled at her,

"Only telling the truth my dear."

He placed his guitar down, he stripped off the shirt, pulling out a black t-shirt with The Grateful Dead on it, slipping it on, he kicked off the boots they had him wear and pulled off the jeans, gratefully throwing it aside, he pulled out his baggy jeans and slipped it on and then pulled on his sneakers. Moving over to the sink he washed the gel and spray the make up artists had used on him, out of his hair and ruffled his wet hair into the position he liked them to be.

"OK right, let's go watch the show, I think I have worked hard enough for tonight."

He chuckled and moved over to Luna,

"I'm sure that there is a better seat right next to your own."

Luna watched him and what she saw she was rather enjoying it a little bit, and looked away afraid to blush like an idiot. When he was ready she looked at him again and stood up, chuckling a little bit sighing. "I enjoy everything though doesn't matter if I am up front or in the nose bleed section" She said to him kissing his cheek. "Let's just have some fun yes?" She said softly and sighed a bit wondering if she would get a break. Taking his arm she grinned a little bit enjoying every moment of being with him.

"You call hopping around in time with some heavy rock music fun?"

He gave her a grin, hooking in with her

"Indeed let's go have some fun."

They exited the backstage area, slipping through the crowd to get to their reserved spots, to watch the show from the front.

She grinned happily she had always dreamed about being in front of millions performing just once before she died. But Luna knew she was young and had a lot more life inside her, and knew that she was going to do big things with Charles as she enjoyed the music and sang along with it, smiling at the band.

By the time the show finished he was bushed, the previous evening's partying with Luna and the late night now was all that his body could take. Luckily the company had organized a taxi for them, the driver patiently waiting outside when they left. They drove over to Luna's place, where he bid her a fond farewell, then he went home, he wanted to phone a few of his friends, but it was late and they would not be happy so he went to sleep.

Luna had enjoyed the night with Charles, it was just the two of them acting like they normally would. And frankly she was just very happy that she could be here with him, and right now everything just seemed so perfect. When they said goodnight she kissed his cheek, and went into her apartment and the minute she laid down she was out cold. She was having a really wonderful moment and tonight it was the night. She was happy for the first time in a long time, with Charles she knew she loved him.

The next morning found Charles besieged by media, the concert of course had been a success, his stepping up to perform with Disturbed had made him even more popular. With two weeks to go, the back order for his first album made it clear that if they all sold out, he would reach platinum in record time. He stood inside the studio, looking out at the general hubbub outside and hoped that Luna was doing better than him.

She was more of the girl in the shadows so not much happened, but while she was walking out media pinned her down and had flashing cameras and lights at her, they wanted some information about him. "Well I wont speak for Charles because I don't know what he would want me to say and what not to say. But I will say that I found him playing at the park and every day I made an excuse to hear him play, course when you make your own hours I didn't have a boss to bitch at me. But he is highly talented.

And we are thick as thief's we have each others back, and for the major question everyone knows. Charles is a good guy, sure his success maybe something to be jealous over but I am and will forever be his best friend. So show your love and get his album" She said happily and she walked off, she hoped that if Charles heard it, what she said was okay and did not sound like she was pissed or something. Though she had a smile on her face the whole time, she just hoped she said the right things.

Charles had made calls to two friends of his, Buddy who was a private investigator and Chuckles, of course the name Chuckles was misplaced on the hulk of a man. Chuckles was what you would call a collector, he made people pay who refused to pay. Charles had met them at a party, their quick wit and strangely enough, their appreciation for good music made the three of them friends.

Buddy would search for the people who owed Luna money and Chuckles would collect it. It was good to have contacts in the darker corner of society as it got things done within the frame of the law or sometimes outside of the law.

Luna had no idea what Charles was doing, but she had got done with work and was walking the old way when Charles still played, seeing him not there made her miss that. Sighing a little bit she stuck her hands in her pockets and just kept going. People owed her five to be exact, one owed her to make a CD of her music, and the rest owed her about a hundred grand. Since the other people were her fathers friend who got successful but did not want to give money to a woman now that her father was dead.

What followed was a lot of interviews, guest appearances and with the launch of the CD his star rose even more. During the rush of it all he did not have time to read any of the media, at times he would see Luna's face on a magazine as he passed, yet never had time to read.

Luna did not know why her picture was on a magazine for she was no shinning star, she had not spoken to Charles for a good week. His phone went to voice mail, and she seemed lost in everything. Seeing him on T.V she began to feel more and more lonely. She was at home curled up on her porch and her stormy eyes just looked around. Wishing there was some place for her, as she looked at the sky.

He received voice messages, but never a message, just somebody hanging up, he had a life show out of town and it was around this time that Chuckles was busy visiting Luna's "friends", Charles organized for Luna to receive a ticket if she wanted to come, he did try and phone her, but only got an engaged tone every time. He knew that the secretary would reach her, so he got onto the van that would be taking him and some of the band members to the show and they left, it would be a two day drive, the show being the evening.

Luna had gotten a phone call and smiled knowing what it was all about she could not help but smile at the thought of seeing another show. So she did what she had to in order to get it and took off for the show where it was. She knew the route the bus would be taking so she managed to go the exact same. She wanted to support Charles and its not like she had anything better to do any way, since she did care for the man.

This time it was a whole show for him, there was a new performer at the start and then it was announced that he would be singing songs from his first album. He walked unto the stage amidst roars and cheers. He eagerly sought the front to find Luna and there she was, he pointed at her and gave her a huge smile.

"Ladies and gentlemen it's a huge honor to be here tonight, I hope you will enjoy the show as much as I enjoyed writing these songs."

He started the first song on his guitar, the battered old acoustic which Luna had met him with.

"Grew up in a small town And when the rain would fall down I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be And if I'd end up happy I would pray
Trying hard to reach out But when I'd try to speak out Felt like no one could hear me

Wanted to belong here But something felt so wrong here So I pray I could breakaway
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly I'll do what it takes ‘til I touch the sky And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway

Out of the darkness and into the sun But I won't forget all the ones that I loved I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change And breakaway
Wanna feel the warm breeze Sleep under a palm tree Feel the rush of the ocean

Get onboard a fast train Travel on a jet plane, far away And breakaway
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway

Out of the darkness and into the sun I won't forget all the ones that I loved I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change And breakaway
Buildings with a hundred floors Swinging 'round revolving doors Maybe I don't know where they'll take me but Gotta keep moving on, moving on Fly away, breakaway

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun But I won't forget the place I come from I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change And breakaway, breakaway, breakaway."

As he finished a huge roar of approval went up, he grinned and held up his hands,

"I have a very special friend in the audience tonight and I would like her to come up here and help me with the next song. Luna come up here dear."

Back