Space Rogues {Open PM if interested}

D'an nodded,

"Sure. I can fit you with a sub-vocal transmitter, you will not be able to recceive though. That would mean a constant signal and that can be traced, while a transmitter only activates in bursts."

He got to his feet and moved around the table, holding out his hand,

"We have a deal then..."

As she took his hand, he drew her close and held up his forefinger warningly, his face stern and foreboding,

"You can try and con us, we're game for the challenge, but if you ever try to cross us..."

His smile was cold,

"You don't cross a Rover. Ever."

With that warning, he relaxed and rested his hand on her shoulder,

"Glad to have you aboard, feel free to visit the space port, ask Peg for creds if you need any."

With that, D'an turned and walked through the door as it opened for him.
 
Lya smiled as she found a peach-colored satin babydoll laced in ivory. She saw other models in pale seafoam green laced in pale yellow, and a lilac in peach. She tilted her head thinking about Peg's avatar's color, then just figured she'd take all three. Let her figure it out, or model them for D'om!

She chuckled as she looked at some items for herself, her hands moving through the soft fabrics, remembering a time gone by, a time when things like this were all she wore, not for any other reason than to please her masters, not herself.

She paused in front of a black set and moved it against her body to see how it might look against her skin. She sighed at the softness, then felt a sort of prickling in the back of her neck. Looking around, she concentrated on the people entering and exiting. She was being watched, or observed, but she didn't know who it was.
 
Bloodletter...D'an Bloodletter...

D'an needed a drink, he could whip one up in the galley, but he needed some time off of the ship, from the various soft whisperings, creaks and often louder groans which passed through the hull he knew exactly what Peg was up to and he was certain D'om was the one doing it with her. Not that he was jealous, heck not long ago Kay did a good job on his as well, but where between the two of them it was an act with more feeling than just being horny. That was something he wanted, securing his blaster to it's cocealed holster, he stepped from the ship.

As he glanced back he was sure that D'om was letting off a lot of steam, the whole ship was straining against the moorings, he had to tell Peg to switch off her connection to her avatar when she had sex, it showed. He picked a herbal cigarette from his jacket's pocket and lit it, it tasted dry, almost bitter, but it was much better than tobacco and right now he needed to take his mind off of things.

He headed towards the nearest bar when he saw Lya, she was testing a black sort of underwear or sleepwear thing. D'an felt that he logically knew the name for the garment, but his mind was far away from the name of the garment, he smiled and moved over to the door of the shop. Perhaps he could convince her to get drunk with him.
 
Lya grinned as she saw D'an, and motioned him over. "What do you think? I wonder if black is my color. It's always nice to have something pretty just because."

She chuckled. "I bought a few items. They should be sent to the Pegasus before we leave. I have had the opportunity to talk to a few of my people. They've given me so much information. It's been great!"

She looked excited, like a kid in a candy store, or perhaps, a person who finally knows who she is.
 
Jesi

Jesi watched Da'n walk out the doorway thoughtfully. "Well, I guess I know where I stand. I may as well make the best of it...I believe I'll get some creds from Peg and visit the space port?"

She went to the nearest com. link and left a message for Peg. She then headed back to her room to get freshened up before leaving the ship. She also made double sure she had all of her hardware about her person thinking, "Hardware....don't leave home without it!" She couldn't help but laugh at her awesome wit.

Once she was ready and was satisfied with the amount of credits Peg transfered to her, she left the ship and headed for the nearest bar. She wanted to see who and what was about...thinking she might come across some mates from the syndicate or the Skrulls. The girl was never above mixing pleasure with business.
 
Last edited:
Ima and Layth entered the shop. Ima via her dominant mind control powers suggested the shop keeper leave for an hour on urgent business. The shop keeper simply turned around the left the shop. At the same time, Layth peeked around a corner in the densely cluttered shop and saw Lya. There was a man near her … but that could not be helped at this point. Layth pulled out his stun gun and leveled it at Lya. Then he stepped around the corner, catching Lya and the man (D’an) by surprise.

“Lya … hands up … and don’t run” He ordered the former slave, and then to the man “you to sir … hands up” he said. Then his eyes settled on Lya again “Lya, it is time to return to your master and face your punishment.” Layth stated but there was something in his voice that told Lya he still cared for her.

Meanwhile, Ima was sneaking down the other aisle prepared to launch a forbidden psionic attack call the bac-ka-ba. This dangerous mind attack makes the victim a prisoner of his/her own mind. Ima was going to make sure Lya was captured no matter what rules she needed to break!!
 
D'an smiled at Lya's enthusiasm,

"Well black definitely seems to fit..."

It was then that the man sprung his attack, D'an slowly turned and cocked his head to one side. Then he took a step and ended up in front of Lya and the weapon the man held, he did not raise his hands either, but kept them at his side, his fingers touching the grip of his blaster,

"I take it that you're one of those fuckers who think that slavery is right. Lya is now a free woman, she have joined a crew and if you want her, you can wait until she leaves our employ."

D'an's fingers locked around the grip of his pistol,

"And if you fire that weapon, you can rest assured that my people will find you and make you feel extremely sorry for being alive."

He cocked his head,

"I am part of the Bloodletter clan, my name is D'an and if you don't lower that weapon, you better start shooting."
 
She froze as she heard the voice and blinked slowly as she turned. "Layth... " She looked at D'an as he sprang into action. She turned back to Layth, her tone steely. "I have no master. Carphaellian statute of limitations state that after 6 years of having escaped I am considered a bad investment and so long as I don't set foot on Carphaellian soil my life is not forfeit. And the punishment was already meted out and you know it. Tchi'lek was a monster and he deserved what he got."

Never mind she still had bits of guilt about all that. "You're not here for my punishment... you're here for my bounty aren't you? His wife's bounty for me killing her abusive prick of a husband!"
 
Layth was stunned by how good Lya was looking after all these years. He still felt that pang of desire in his body. He wanted her and there was no mind tricks involve. He wanted her and had always wanted her. That was what made this mission so difficult. Layth knew that what he wanted was not possible, but maybe later, when he was alone with her. Layth first address what Lya had said

“You were always so clever! You know more than I thought. But you forget Tchi'lek's wife absorbed the ambassador's retinue. She is now the master!”

The former slave guard eyes then focused on D’an. He did not know who this guy was, but he was definitely in the way. It was time to correct that situation.

“I have never heard of the Bloodletter clan so your threat means nothing to me. You are right about one thing… I’m going to start shooting." Layth said and he fired his stun gun right at D’an and Lya. Too bad D’an saw that attack coming after the guard had said “you are right about one thing …” it gave him plenty of time to take action of his own.

Ima also saw the attack coming like it was all happening in slow motion. She knew now was the moment to get her revenge. She launched the forbidden bac-ka-ba psionic attack right at Lya!
 
D'an shoved Lya aside and dove, not forwards, but backwards to his left, unwittingly placing him in the space Lya had occupied, his blaster fired once, but it was enough. The stun gun exploded as the high-energy bolt struck it, taking a good portion of Layth's hand with it. The problem with a psionic attack was that it was focused where you were looking, unless you have established a link with the mind you're attacking. D'an's maneuvre had displaced Lya, thus saving her from the fate which struck him.

What should have been a graceful sliding landing ended up as a graceless crash, D'an only registered a flash and then familiar images flashed through his mind, happenings of the passed few days, happenings of the past few months, years, all of it flashing by in an instant, then darkness started to cloud his vision and he found himself at the controls of Peg, racing for the last bit of light...then...nothing...

D'an groaned and slowly opened his eyes, he was sitting at a poker table, cold beer at his left elbow and a royal flush spread out on the table, he had just won. He looked around and sank back into his chair,

"The fuck just happened? Why am I in here?"
 
Lya let out a grunt as she was moved to the side, then she felt before she saw D'an collapsing by her. Her eyes widened, and she reached for him. "D'an? D'an?" Getting no response, and what's more, getting nothing but blank wall from his mind, she turned a furious gaze first to Layth, then followed his eyes to Ima, recognizing her at once.

"YOU!" She was practically vibrating with the energy that crackled from her fury, her hair rising to form a fuzzy burgundy and black halo around her head. Layth tried to rush toward her, but she held out a hand, locking him in place, the move so completely instinctive, she didn't have time to think about it.

"What did you do, you miserable good for nothing skizz?" she glared at Ima. But she already knew. It was something so vile and illegal for her own people, especially against one of their own. "You tried to bac-ka-ba me, didn't you?"

Her eyes practically glowed with fury, and her hands were formed into claws. People had run away, even the sales personnel, and she knew someone had called the local authorities. She also could sense minds closing, her people falling back into defenses. When one of her kind used psionic attacks it was like a vibration. It was felt by everyone with the ability, much in the same way that a gun's shot would echo in the night, heard by those around.

Lya advanced on the woman, her own mental shields like steel and crackling with energy. The bitch had attacked D'an. Her D'an. And she was going to pay.
 
Cat Fight to the Death!

Ima’s heart sank when she saw her attack miss Lya. “Skizz” thought Ima, “now I have to kill that pig the old fashioned way … with my bare hands!” Ima saw Lya advance on her … The Lya bitch was bigger than her by 6 inches … but Ima was more livid, more seething in hatred than Lya or at least she thought.

Ima screamed and rushed at her … Lya was catch off guard by the sudden burst by Ima, who slammed Lya against the shop wall and knocked her down. Ima saw her opening and smacked the Lya bitch twice across the face, yelling, "Bitch! Whore! Cunt! I was the master’s FAVORITE …. ME!! How dare you split us up!” Taken by surprise, Lya wasn't able to react in time and ward off the blows. She appeared stunned, lying half upright, her legs spread out in front of her, her long dark shiraz wine hair half-covered her face. Ima continued her assault, grabbed Lya’s hair in her one fist and slapped her with her free hand. "I'm going to KILL YOU!" she snarled, and tried to punch Lya in the face.

By now, Lya was ready to defend herself. She was MORE pissed than this Ima SLUT. Lya reached out quickly, caught Ima's fist and deflected it into the wall. There was the sound of Ima’s hand bone breaking. Then the palm of Lya hand connected with Ima's chin and slammed her backwards making her go spawning on her back. Suddenly Lya was back on her feet and ready to pouch on Ima.
 
Her attacks weren't limited to her fists as she launched herself with a growl that would have made any panther jealous, and her mind was launching attacks against Ima's mental defenses with the ferocity of a full weapons spread while her hands clawed and punched at the woman.

"You skizz! You filthy trash whore CUNT!"You need to fucking get over yourself! He used you, like he used me! I was raped you miserable piece of space skizz, because he wanted to know who was cheating him, who wanted to kill him! My abilities were better than yours and you know it!" She continued to punch at Ima's belly, and face, leaving bloody and black and blue marks. There may also have been some crunching as she broke Ima's nose.

"You were nothing to him and neither was I!"
 
D’om was rushing through the streets and narrow alleyways of Eros 9 just above heads of the inhabitants. He was on a small “skyscooter” The skyscooter had promised to revolutionize personal travel when it first came out, but it did not. By that time, most people just decided to telecommute to work instead of driving. Nevertheless, Dom had a fondness for older technology and had converted this scooter into a lightning fast personnel transportation machine with twin micro impulse engines and a super charged ION power source. D’om could not just pick bugs out of his teeth when riding this machine … but he could actually break his teeth upon impact with a bug if he did not wear a protective helmet.

The reason D’om was in a hurry is Peg had told him D’an life signs showed he was in trouble. Adrenaline levels had spiked and so to had his muscle reflexes. D’om had jumped on his rocket sled scooter … and placed it in hyperdrive to get to D’an. Turns out he flew right into the shop and leapt off his skyscooter. His timing could not have been more prefect as Layth had just gotten on his feet and was getting ready to join the fight between Ima and Lya. The now unmanned skyscooter changed all that as it plowed into him. The resulting crunch of Layth head being caved in … meant his time on this plane of existence was over. It also meant the skyscooter anti-collision device was on the fritz again and needed to be repaired. D’om did not even look at what the scooter hit … he saw Ly and some woman going at it. After no more than a few seconds, D’om realized that Ima and Lya were fighting to the death … and his job was to accelerate that for one person. He took aim and fired. His laser blast took Ima head clean off her body … which left Lya choking the neck of a headless corpse!

“WHAT THE SKIZZ IS GOING ON HERE?” D’om asked as he rushed over to see his brother lying motionless on the ground.
 
Last edited:
She barely registered that D'om had joined in the fray until Ima's head blew off her body. She continued choking the neck, covered in blood, and then dropped the body as if in distaste. She felt the fog of rage clearing her mind as she crawled to D'an's side and placed a hand on his cheek.

She was unintentionally ignoring D'om as she tried to probe D'an's mind for activity. It was like a sheet of ice. She needed more focus. Checking his pulse, she found it remained steady, though faint, and she "searched" for an answer. The wound to his brain patterns was alike a large, oozing gash. She looked up at D'om.

"We need to get him on the Pegasus, NOW. I will explain everything, but if I can't stabilize his neural activity, he will be lost in his own mind and will never come out."She had read about this attack. And it was like some deep understanding had settled over her. She spied several of her species peering in. The "Mind crimes" were witnessed by several people, and thus she wouldn't be blamed, but they also knew the attack and were confirming her suspicions.

"D'om, he has been subjected to a bac-ka-ba. It's a form of attack that's illegal among my people, but it makes a person a prisoner of their memories, their own thoughts. I need to get him back to the ship to help him come out. Only someone with my abilities can do it! Trust me..." She gave him a pleading look.
 
D’om knew when to ask questions and when to just act. This was the time to act.

“Peg!!” He said with a great sense of urgency in his voice as he spoke into his com link

“On it … just get D’an out on the street next to the shop. I should be there momentarily” Peg replied. She was no longer his lover … She was the highly efficient ship’s master computer. It was something D’om and for that matter as well D’an had gotten use to. Peg could be many things depending on the situation they were in.

“Ok … grab his feet” D’om said to Lya as he grabbed D’an shoulders. Lya grabbed his feet and they carried him out of the shop. The busy Eros 9 market street was now completely empty as Pegasus, a massive Gen II class freighter, hovered about 2 inches above the roof of the tallest shop in the area.

Although this area of Eros 9 was full of shops that sold almost anything a visitor could want, from unique animals, exclusive (and expensive) transportation vehicles, exotic goods from across the galaxy, clothing and restaurants to name just a few items, None of the visitors or the salespersons hawking their wares wanted to be under the large freighter!

The cargo hold “belly” door on Pegasus’ opened and Lya, D’om, D’an and the now slightly damaged “skyscooter” were tractored beamed aboard. Peg immediately gained altitude (not too fast as it would have ripped the shops apart) and then took the ship into orbit.

D’om whispered to his brother “Hang in there Bro!! I’ll make your favorite cheese burger once this is all over!”

Peg (the avatar) arrived and knelt down next to D’an as well. “I submitted a police report on what happened and provide the shop owner credits to repair the damage. I also made a copy of the shop’s security videos so we have a backup. Based upon the evidence, the Eros 9 authorities have granted us permission to go to orbit for our own protection, but we need to stay here until the case is resolved. I did leave Jesi on the planet…” Peg pointed out.

D’om looked up at Peg a worried look on his face “Thanks” He said

Peg nodded “Nice shooting by the way … the head removal shot was particularly” Peg struggled with the next word “satisfying” She said in the end. “I did a bit of research on a bac-ka-bar attack. It is a psionic attack. It's forbidden and considered a “high” crime according to the personal mental privacy laws. Only someone with telepathy or other powers like that can remove it.” Peg said.

D’om looked over to Lya “Lya … you said you could help him” He said to comfirm what she had told him. "What can we do?" He asked her.
 
She took a deep breath and looked at D'om with a soft, sorry gaze. "I have to journey into his mind, past any defenses he may have... all people have defenses for their thoughts." She knelt by D'an and looked down at his face. "We will need to put him in the infirmary, and monitor him. I will also need to be monitored on a bed beside him. Only when my lifesigns reach... 8 percent, should I be taken out of the trance. I will get him out or die trying. I believe we will have about 12 hours before all is irreversible."

She looked to D'om. "I promise I will get him out."
 
Peg

Peg efficiently and rapidly set up the infirmary as Lya requested. D’an was placed on monitors and a bed was placed next to his for Lya. Peg quickly explained to Lya the sensors being used, all of which were passive in nature and non-intrusive.

“I have done a data base search and there is not much written on bac-ka-bar attack cures. But there seemed to be some common themes, I found, that might help you:

- Reality checks, remember to check the time often in your trance and in your dream walking.
- Keep your mind awake as your body slips into the trance
- They talk about "watch what happened" when you enter the trance. As a computer I don’t fully understand this statement. I will quote from a recount in Lokila, Dhatkhelien guru master cure book. “I was observing myself in the trance; I had gotten all the way down into the trance itself!" She wrote.

In reading through her memoir, it becomes clear that Lokila kept track of her trance cures, and even performed reality checks during them … She would enter the person’s dream … and returned to rooms she had visited earlier. There she would test the limits of her senses. She would also test the patient’s state of lucidity. She even describes experiencing something that sounds very similar to the "sleep paralysis" mentioned in the galactic science journal, though she never refers to it as such. She even provided some tips on how to avoid some of sleep paralysis' more terrifying effects. Unfortunately, I was not able to find that material.” Peg explained.
 
Lya nodded and smiled at Peg. "Thank you. It's most helpful. Reality checks are a major part of the process. If not, I can get lost in his mind along with him. From what I understand about pyschokinetics and dreamwalking, there are possibilities that our bodies will believe what is going on in the thought world. If we get injured our bodies may show it. D'an might not suffer from it, but I might if I am for all intents and purposes invading his mindspace. Until there is a very small percentage of my coming out, say 15 percent, do not attempt to pull me out. I will most likely have to fight some of his defenses. I don't forsee him trying to kill me, but one never knows. Just do what you can to keep my alive and render first aid. Just don't wake me unless I give you the signal. It might be something innocuous like constant repetition of... peanut butter. It's unlikely I will need it, but I want you to be monitoring us just in case."

She looked over to D'om. "I will get him out or die trying. I promise."

She moved to the infirmary bed by D'an and looked down at him, brushing her fingertips along his forehead. "I know you're in there. I will find you. We need you out here."

Looking back at Peg, she gave her a grim look. "Under no circumstances can we be disturbed. The hold is tenuous at best with someone who doesn't have my people's skills. Any shocks or anything of the sort can break the connection and trap us both."
 
Peg

Peg efficiently set up the “keep out” force shield and had monitoring sensors place on both D’an and Lya. Then she dimmed the lights and walkout of the medical unit. She sealed the door and headed up to the bridge where D’om was slumped over in the pilot chair. He was exhausted from worrying. Peg placed a blanket on him and sat in the co-pilot seat. She dimmed the lights in the bridge.

There was really nothing else to do but just wait. Peg checked on all the other girls on the ship. They had their needs met. Jessi on the planet, last Peg knew she had been heading to a bar. Peg had no way of contacting her. But Jessi could transmit to Peg via the voice link, but there had been no contact so far. So Peg just waited.
 
Into the land of dreams

(OOC - the following posts are combined posts of DK and myself)

Lya took a breath and nodded to the others as she took a hold of D'an's hand on the biobed beside him. Her other hand was on the bed on her belly, with monitors for her mental activity and neural levels (as well as D'an's), and her other vital signs. Her eyes closed and she took deep breaths to clear her mind. She counted backward from 100 in Carphaellian. By the time she reached 70 she had reached a meditative state. She felt her conscious self able to separate from her body and with a concentrated thought she brought her "self" into D'an's mindscape.

A brief moment of darkness and the mindscape clarified in her vision. She was dressed in a long dress in mauve, her feet encased in gladiator-style sandals. Her hair was down, cascading burgundy-black curls down her back.

She faced the lush tropical landscape of Ramara 3, a popular resort destination. She frowned as she studied the vista, there was the crystal clear water, deep azure, the white beach sand, two deck chairs with people reclining on them, the sun was bright and warm. Something didn't look right. Was this D'an's mind or was it a barrier, much like her own walls, just...different.

Hmm...

She frowned as it dawned on her. She needed to get through his walls to get into his mind, much like anyone would have to get through hers. She took a breath (so to speak) and studied the vista. "I may have underestimated you, D'an. Let me in, dear one. I'm only here to help you."

Slowly the deck chairs shimmered, as she studied them she noticed they casted no shadows. Moving over, the people disappeared, the chairs kept shimmering, she hunkered down and touched them, suddenly a door appeared in the middle of nowhere. She turned the knob and opened the door, it held a blue shimmer, taking another deep breath she stepped through and into a huge room. She tilted her head as she studied it.

There was a crystal chandelier hanging from the vaulted ceiling, the floor had plush carpets of considerable weave and quality. The couch and two chairs which stood around a coffee table was skillfully crafted, the upholstry a deep burgundy. There was paintings on the wall, all seeming to date back thousands of years and back.

The French window panes was all in dark wood and looked out over a calm and serene lake. A fire burned in a marble fireplace, reflecting it's light on the laminated wood floors where the rug did not cover. As she looked about she noticed that the thing that didn't fit into this setting was the marble of the fireplace. She moved over to the fireplace and immediately the wood panel and carving drew her attention.

She reached out to press in the carving on the wood panel, and immediately the fire went out and the wall behind the grate slid open, this time shimmering in green. She stepped through to a loft apartment. She looked around. The floor was dark obsidian but covered with plush carpets of blue, gray, and black in various shades and patterns. There was a set of couches and chairs, boxlike in very modern and minimalist fashion, though decorated with matching pillows and figurines of chrome, steel, and dark stone. There was a fireplace here, too, but it was framed in gray and black marble, fitting the decor. The kitchen was a black marble affair separating from the living room by an island with plush stools in deep blue. Her attention was drawn to the floor to ceiling windows, with a cityscape beyond. It looked like the penthouse apartment in the Floating City planet of Sulphae Prime. Each city was its own platform floating above the clouds. Beautiful, breathtaking, and dizzying. She frowned as she studied the windows to the cityscape below. There was no reflection in the glass.

She reached out to touch the glass. It shimmered coolly beneath her fingertips and she tilted her head as the frame of the window before her shimmered in violet and was filled with a haze in purple. She held her breath to step into the doorway, remembering it was just a mindscape. She couldn't get hurt here, not in the "Fall out of a window" aspect without reminding herself that she could fly if she wanted to. She moved to the next scene, waiting for the mist to clear...
 
Into the land of dreams

As the mist cleared she found herself wrapped up in a heavy coat, standing in a clearing, the gentle wind had a bite to it as snow flakes lazily drifted down. Around her everything was covered in snow, the mountain on which she stood clearly part of the unforgiving landscape of the Teil mountains on Dcun, the planet where only the harshest survived. Two figures came flying passed her, both wore white winter clothing, over their shoulders high-powered rifles. The man in the lead's face was covered and it made him unrecognizable, the second figure was D'an,

"Keep up slowpoke!"

The call was jaunty yet hollow, like spoken through a tube, the two figures jumped over the ridge and disappeared. (Perhaps she could wonder at why D'an would have this place in his mind?) A sudden gust of wind pushed her off-balance and the wind started to pick up. It became clear that the two people was outrunning a blizzard, she had no snow shoes, nor skis, she appeared to be trapped. As dark clouds rolled in to cover the sun and the wind started to pick up, she realized that a soft light came from ahead of her. There in the snow stood a pine tree, free of snow and she knew for a fact it wasn't there earlier. She struggled through the snow towards the tree, in the bark was a symbol, carved in with precision and care, she seemed to recogbize it, yet she couldn't place it. Tracing the lines of the sign a soft click sounded and a prick made her pull away her hand.

A tiny needle with a droplet of her blood pulled back into the bark, swiftly the blood filled the sign and as she started to realize what the sign was the landscape shimmered and faded. Away fell the coat, as the swirling mist cleared, she found herself high above a sprawling city, a dome covered the city and then she dropped. The sensation of falling at unimaginable speed was there, but nothing stirred, no wind passed her ears or ruffled her hair. Yet the ground came rushing up so fast that she had to close her eyes just before impact...the impact never came, what did happen was that she found herself standing on firm ground. As she opened her eyes she found that she stood outside a marked area, the area led to an entrance through the dome. In front of the entrance stood a guard.

The guard was dressed in ceremonial armor, it was made from hardened leather and seemed to fit together like slated roof tiles. A helmet with peaked brows covered the head, under the brow a fearsome face fixed in a snarl looked impassively at her. The face was clearly a mask, as it gave off a shimmer of metal. At the waist sat three weapon handles, a short sword, a long sword and a sword which seemed to be the medium length of the two, the sheaths had a black, metallic gleam to them and they had a slight curve. On it's feet were wrapped boots which seem to fit exactly. The whole image of this guard spoke of one thing: Efficient killing

As there was clearly no way other than the entrance to go further, she took a step and entered the marked area, immediately the guard drew the long sword and crouched into a ready position, she paused as she had no weapons here and she was sure that the guard could kill her mind, then the guard relaxed slightly as an image appeared in front of it. It was D'om,

"Greetings, My name is Domonic Blootletter, if you wish to proceed you will need to answer one question: Grzl bik delack..."

The image wavered and then solidified again:

"What goes best with a cheeseburger? Extra cheese, extra fried onions, pickles, all of the above or only two of the above. Please specify which two".

She studied the guard and the image a moment, then reached into her own knowledge for the answer to the question. "Two of the above. Cheese and fried onions." Her voice was clear as she spoke, and waited for the guard to consider her answer before he stepped aside to let her proceed. She nodded, and though she had no need to breathe, her body relaxed as if it had let go a sigh of relief. As she moved through the entrance to the dome, her clothes changed into the tattered remains of her dancing outfit, the skirt barely covering below the curves of her ass, and the fringed belly-baring top barely encompassing her and covering her breasts. Even her hair had shifted into a braided ponytail high on her head. She couldn't help but chuckle. This was D'an's mind, and as such he imposed his will upon it, meaning that he had liked her outfit (and he had told her so before) and to appear in his mental space, she would be the way he wanted her to be. For him, she didn't mind dressing this way, and so she continued to move forward.
 
Into the land of dreams

In front of her stretched old buildings from a far gone era from Earth. No lights lit the buildings, yet it seemed like a beautiful starry night with enough light to see by. As she stepped forward on the cobblestone road, a light flicked on inside one of the buildings to her left and the door opened. The meaning clear, she had to enter the building.

As she stepped over the threshold the door closed behind her, revealing that the building was in fact just a room, inside this room was nothing, just a wooden table holding a single candle. Then the scene started to change, chairs appeared next to the table, two plates formed in front of these chairs, the far wall took on the sight of a wash basin with a window overlooking a silvery yard, to the left of the wall an ancient coal stove flickered into life, it's light adding to that of the candle. Then two people appeared in the chairs, one a stooped man, dressed in the loose-fitting clothes of a Rover. Across from him sat a boy, barely six years old if not younger, the man was leaning forward, speaking in hushed tones,

"He is not the same as you Dean, he sees the world differently. He is your brother, you are the eldest, even if it is by just a few minutes. Know yourself Dean, do not become something else to please the universe, be as strong and as smart as you can be, never bow down to anybody and always remember to be a Rover. Our codes is what keeps us..."

The man paused and their attention turned from each other to Lya,

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

It was not the man who spoke, but the boy.

She gave a soft smile. "My name is Lyaandra Kaithilu. My friends call me Lya. I am looking for my friend. I was told he lives here. His name is D'an. Do you know where I can find him?" She knew the answer already. This was a memory as well, but it was in the places of deep memories, deep feelings. This is where things began, in the memories of childhood. This was D'an as a child. Would he recognize her name?

The lights seemed to flicker lower after her answer, then the man spoke,

"You are looking for Dean, there seem to be no lie in your answer, yet the other will find it if there is."

The two turned back to each other and the scene, even the flickering of the lights froze. The door behind her opened once more, the guard stood there, sword drawn, but he stood aside for her to exit. As she stepped outside the opposite building and the one behind her grew darker, as she walked a few more steps down the road another light flared, this one highlighted a door to a building on her right. As she moved over to the door, it slowly opened for her, once more the building seemed to be an empty room, this time a light hung from the ceiling, it was ancient and gave off a harsh light.

As the door closed behind her, a couch filled the center of the room, a largely demolished room filled in behind and to the side of the couch. The scene was clearly in a basement, but it was a house that was demolished by an attack, the light flickered and then died, again two figures appeared, this time it was two children, roughly eight years of age, one was crying and the other was soothing him as best he could,

"Come on now, we must be strong, we knew about this able to happen."

The words was harsh and the tone of voice sounded strangely out of sorts with the young mouth they came from.

"Father warned us about the clans."

"You mean father warned you..."

The accusation was tearful, but still carried a hint of venom in it, in the half light a range of conflicting emotions ran over the face of the older version of the boy she had previously seen. Then the scene froze, the older male seemed to materialize next to her, he looked at the two and sadly shook his head,

"I only live in his memories, this was a turning point in their lives, they lost their home and their parents in the same moment. I did not dote on Dean, he was merely the more practical of the two, Domonic the smarter one. Perhaps you should take over? Dean's words are most likely to upset Domonic even more."

The figure shimmered and faded away, leaving her with only what she knew of the two brothers and her instincts to guide her to resolution she might need for this problem.

She paused as she looked at the boys, her heart breaking for their loss. Even though she knew going in that she would face the innermost of D'an's demons, the most sacred of his memories, it still didn't make it easier.

She stepped forward and knelt before the two boys. "My name is Lya. I am a friend. I know that you probably don't want anyone else to invade your mourning space, but I want to remind you both of something important. You are the only thing left to one another. Both of you have skills, amazing skills, I know. And you are family."

The boys stared at her, confused, a bit fearful, and wary all at the same time. She looked at D'om. "I know you hurt. I know that in all that hurt it is easy to hurt others, especially those that are closest to you. I know you feel like somehow something wasn't said, wasn't told, and it makes you feel like maybe you weren't trusted, or even regarded as important. But you, Domonic, are intelligent. You are perceptive, and whether you believe it or not, your heart is in the right place, even if you can't see past your hurt. But your brother is also perceptive, in a different way. He sees things differently. Not wrong, just different. And he is a different kind of intelligent. Together you complete one another. It won't be easy going forward. But you have each other."

She gave a self-deprecating smile. "I may just be a stranger to you, but I know of what I speak." She turned to D'an. "You are older, yes. But he doesn't understand quite yet how it all comes together. You do. You need to take care of him. It is no longer about who is older or younger, or who is smarter or perceptive. It is about survival. You survive together. Always. You don't have to be right. You just need to be united."

She looked at the two of them. "I'm sorry for your loss, but what has been done cannot be undone. Hurting one another will not take away the fact this happened. You can only move forward. You are family. Move forward together."

First the two boys looked at her like she had grown a third head, then the scene paused, like a movie placed on hold until somebody came back, the younger version of Dean started moving again though, he turned his head to look at his brother and then at Lya,

"He is smarter than I'll ever be, thank you for this, you soothed my mind more about how he feels than I could ever have."

He cocked his head and looked at her outfit, a small smile touched his lips before the scene faded to a purple haze. The door opened behind her, revealing the guard and the silvery night beyond.
 
Into the land of dreams

As she exited the building it didn't go dark, it melted away, leaving nothing in it's wake. A light flickered on in the building opposite, the door swung outwards, revealing the same empty room. As she stepped into it, the door closed behind her once more. Right in front of her was a door, kneeling at the door, looking through the small opening was the young D'an, he motioned for her to join him. As she knelt next to him and they both looked into a bedroom, his brother was in bed, pale and drawn, though a fever ran hotly on his cheeks and neck. A woman sat with him, singing in a strange yet soothing language.

She was slender and tall, dressed in plain pants and a blouse, her dark hair drawn back in a loose ponytail. She had finely sculpted features, almost elf-like in appearance, her eyes was big and a clear blue. The young D'an looked up at Lya,

"It is the only place where I can remember her."

Then he slowly faded away and along with him, the door and the room it contained. Again the door swung open behind her. The guard escorted her from this building to the next one, already a light was shining from within and the door stood slightly ajar. Old-school rock and roll music poured out into the night, the guard paused for a long time and then pushed open the door for her to enter.

She gave him a sympathetic and soft gaze that said she understood. She only had snatches of song, and a face too faded to remember in her mind for her own mother.
She raised an eyebrow at the guard. She'd never seen him hesitate before. She cautiously moved in. Stopping short at the sight before her, she considered turning away for the sake of privacy, not to mention feeling a bit exposed, but she knew if she did, the visit would end and she could be thrust out of his mind. She was not supposed to judge anything she saw, heard, or felt emanating from his memories. She had to respect his inner self, even if she didn't always agree.

The scene was set already, on a spacious couch was an older D'an, barely thirteen if that old. He was dressed in black boots and faded blue jeans, vintage clothing which had been extinct for hundreds of years before his birth, yet here he wore them. The bare torso already displaying the lines and definition of the hard living that is the life of a Rover.

Stradling him was a girl, clearly a bit older than him, she had light brown hair, cropped short, her dark fingernails digging into D'an's shoulders, her hands and arms encased in dark mesh, her top skillfully ripped to reveal, yet conceal her modest charms and silky bra, her dark pants hinted at a pink or purple thong and she was barefoot, but the heeled boots on the floor clearly belonged to her.

They were kissing, D'an was clearly following the lead and seemingly this lesson introduced pain to the pleasure as the dark nails was busy drawing blood from his shoulders.

Lya couldn't help but stare. She flushed, and felt a strange sense of violation, but also of kinship. She wasn't so much older than D'an when she started learning about bedplay. In fact, she was younger. She frowned as watched the blood and felt her own scars start to itch. She turned her face away, and took a breath. She could try and stop them, but these were memories.

"Pleasure and pain often intermingle," she said softly.

"But the line is very fine, too much takes the pleasure away, too little doesn't add the right amount of spice."

The image had faded away, the door was open and the guard stood there, the voice sounded like D'an's, but not quite, there was something missing. Emotion. It turned and led the way, this time they passed two buildings, then a light flicked on and a door opened, as she stepped through, the room changed to what seemed to be a dojo.

A slightly older D'an was fighting an older male, both wore loose, comfortable pants, no shoes and bared chested. In their left hands they held a knife. They circled each other, one a master, the other a student, darting towards each other, twisting away, flashing steel, yet no hit was made nor taken. Then they met each other at a rush, wicked blades winked in the light, flesh on flesh as kicks and blows were landed or deflected. A sharp gasp, blood sprayed and then a body lifted and landed hard.

D'an laid on the ground, blood flowing from the numerous cuts, bruises clear against the paler skin. The older man turned from him and paused a few feet from Lya, a small smirk on his face,

"Am I to hard on the boy?"

She watched, wishing she could turn away, but she couldn't. She had to pay attention. She then turned to the man as he spoke. "It depends. Do you temper your brutality with compassion? Do you explain the reason for your actions or do you merely take pleasure in hurting him? If the former, no, then you aren't, because there is a lesson of balance to be had. But if the latter, then yes, because hurting another without just cause makes you as bad as the other scum of the universe."

The old man idly twirled the blade around his fingers, "This Rover fighting, there is no compassion. Compassion is for the ones who deserve it, not those who oppose you." The blade paused and dark eyes fixed on her, "To know the blade, you must taste the blade."

The was a loud thud and the old man dropped to the ground, the young D'an stood there with a slight smile, "And never turn your back on your enemy." He looked at Lya, the smile seemed to freeze on his features, he grew somber,"If you're here, it means something has happened. Go ahead, there is a few memories still to go."

The door clicked open behind her as D'an reached down to help the old man up, clearly compassion was shown to the old man. One old enough to have been his grandfather.
 
Lya nodded and smiled at Peg. "Thank you. It's most helpful. Reality checks are a major part of the process. If not, I can get lost in his mind along with him. From what I understand about pyschokinetics and dream walking, there are possibilities that our bodies will believe what is going on in the thought world. If we get injured our bodies may show it. D'an might not suffer from it, but I might if I am for all intents and purposes invading his mind space. Until there is a very small percentage of my coming out, say 15 percent, do not attempt to pull me out. I will most likely have to fight some of his defenses. I don't foresee him trying to kill me, but one never knows. Just do what you can to keep my alive and render first aid. Just don't wake me unless I give you the signal. It might be something innocuous like constant repetition of...peanut butter. It's unlikely I will need it, but I want you to be monitoring us just in case. "She looked over to D'om. "I will get him out or die trying. I promise."

D'om returned Lya's gaze with an intensity of pain for his brothers condition, that she'd ever in her seen in a human. She had obviously shielded her mind from his sufficiently, or the power of D'oms emotions would have dropped Lya to her knees. Placing a shaky hand against the wall to steady himself. ''You tell D'an...I'll kick his ass if he doesn't return to us.'' Turning on his heel, D'om didn't say another word as headed to the engineering bay. It was his place of escape from things he couldn't do anything about, he'd go for days without eating, sleeping or speaking. Being twin brothers they had a bond that was beyond unbreakable, it was said they had been places and seen things no other Rovers ever have.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top