Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to like Babylon A.D. with Vin Diesel. I watch parts of it whenever it is on, and I enjoy parts of those parts. It seems like there was a good idea somewhere int here, buried under the action sequences. but it isn't a good movie. It missed the point that it was trying to make somewhere in there. The last twenty minutes seem like they should have had another thirty to sixty minutes of story to go with them. Maybe it should have been two movies (though I'm not sure where the first would end or what the second would have had in it). In the end, it seems like it is a mess of a movie that should have been better, and I feel sorry for it. I think it deserved better.
 
I'd never have guessed...

From UK Yahoo News:

The very oldest men are still interested in sex but illness and a lack of opportunity may be holding them back, Australian researchers reported on Monday.

The "male" hormone testosterone was clearly linked with how often a man over 75 had sex and doctors need to do more studies to see if hormone replacement therapy might benefit older men, the researchers said.

Zoe Hyde of the University of Western Australia and colleagues surveyed more than 2,700 men aged 75 to 95 for their study, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine. They asked a range of questions about health, relationships and sexual activity.

"The older men were, the less likely they were to be sexually active, but sex remained at least somewhat important to one fifth of men aged 90 to 95 years, refuting the stereotype of the asexual older person," they wrote.

"Of those who were sexually active, more than 40 percent were dissatisfied with the frequency of sexual activity, preferring sex more frequently."

More than 30 percent of the men reported some sort of sexual activity in the past year but more than 48 percent said sex was important, suggesting many wanted to have sex but could not.

Age was a factor but so were testosterone levels, the lack of an interested partner and various diseases from diabetes to prostate cancer.

More than 40 percent of the men who had not had sex recently said they were not interested.

(Reporting by Maggie Fox; Editing by John O'Callaghan)
 
Had my first mean comment in a long time. *sigh*
I have the urge to delete it.. but decided to leave it.
Makes me strong, lol. :p
 
My internet stalker sent me a bunch of private feedbacks the other day just saying, "hamburger, hamburger, hamburger." I am so bored of this, and wish that he would just find something better to do already...
 
My karate instructor just told me that she wants me to help with our annual women's program (self-defense, help for abused women, etc) in February. Last year there were over 300 women there.

I'm honored and excited, but I'm also hella nervous about tackling this thing. :eek:
 
I got poked in the eye last night during a simple blocking drill. I blocks the attack right into my eye. I can be such a klutz some days...
 
Dammit. My other video card burned out last night. I just ordered another one, but I won't be online until it is delivered on Monday, and then have a chance to install it and the drivers (different brand than I ever have before) and everything.

I will see everyone when I get to work on Monday. Have fun in my absence.
 
Hey Carson, long time no see.

Uh, what's a GRE?

Hi Tx! Just been busy lately.
GRE is the graduate record exam. I'm trying to get into grad school, which is super competitive in my field. The better you do on the GRE, the better your chances I suppose.
 
Hi Tx! Just been busy lately.
GRE is the graduate record exam. I'm trying to get into grad school, which is super competitive in my field. The better you do on the GRE, the better your chances I suppose.

I figured it was something to do with college but wasn't sure. I have equivalence degrees so i never did the complete school thing.

Good luck and good to see you around.
 
Had my first mean comment in a long time. *sigh*
I have the urge to delete it.. but decided to leave it.
Makes me strong, lol. :p

My internet stalker sent me a bunch of private feedbacks the other day just saying, "hamburger, hamburger, hamburger." I am so bored of this, and wish that he would just find something better to do already...

~~Mean people suck. And they're not even GOOD at it. Bah Humbug to the meanies and the stalkers~~
 
Hi Tx! Just been busy lately.
GRE is the graduate record exam. I'm trying to get into grad school, which is super competitive in my field. The better you do on the GRE, the better your chances I suppose.

My GRE scores got me into grad school without a BA degree. I took the CLEP battery and tested out of one year of undergrad, too.
 
Mean people suck. And they're not even GOOD at it. Bah Humbugh.

(Leave Emerald Kitty alone! She freakin' rocks, y'all!!!)

Aww, thanks! :D

Was someone mean to me that I didn't know about?
Or were you saying that cuz of my mean comment, comment? lol.

Snow. Freezing. I have shit to do... the roads are bad, and I drive a freakin convertible. Not a good combo. :)
I wanna stay home in my 'jamas! *pout*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top