Forbidden Desires: Love amidst Wars (closed)

"A favor?" Terrowin asked surprised, she had never demanded anything from him. His gifts even if not rejected outrightly it was given to someone else.
"Anything? Just ask and i'll do it." he told her as he rose from his massive bed. Maybe now he will draw closer to her and possibly win her affection. "Leave us you dog." he yelled at maid who was polishing his nails.

She couldn't help but cringe at his treatment of the maid. "I need you to let the blacksmith go free. We need his skills if we ever hope to win this war. The longer he sits down there then the less time he can spend making swords and arrows. I'm sure what happened was just an accident."

"Accident? You call throwing me upon the filthy ground accident?" Terrowin yelled at her. He calmed himself before continuing, "i...um, Genevieve if you'll agree to a date with me, i'll let the blacksmith go, hmm." he said walking towards her. He moved to touch her hair and caress her face.

"Fine. How about dinner tonight and you'll let him go free now?" She suggested "that's my best offer." Stepping away from him she did her best not to slap him "so what do you think Terrowin? Do we have a deal?"

"Deal it is." he said. Terrowin clapped his hands and a guard walked in, "let the peasant go, the pig who disrespected me today." he ordered then turned back to her.
"This night then," he leaned in for a kiss.

"Tonight..." She said leaning in and kissing him on the cheek "I have a lot to take care of before then. I want to make sure I look my best..." She said rushing off, wanting to get as far away from him as she could.

"Screw it." Lancelot said exasperated. He was about twisting the pin in the lock when the door opened. Two guards walked up to him, one dressed in expensive armor probably a higher ranking soldier, the other a simple guard holding a touch.
"It'll seem the gods favor you blacksmith. Due to the princess request my lord has decided to set you free. But you are to make arrows for the princess without pay for the next two months." the man in the lustre armor told him, the man then nodded to his colleague who started walking on his chains.
As he trodded out of the palace, heading for the large gate. Lancelot felt pair of eyes and turned to see Genevieve standing in her window, dressed in a silky white robe. He smiled warmly on seeing her and silently mouthed a 'thank you' before the guard shoved him on.

Last edited:
Genevieve nodded in acknowledgement as she saw him walking away from the palace. Terrowin had stood up to his end of the deal and now she would have to do the same. As she dressed she tried to convince herself that maybe it wouldn't be too bad, maybe he would surprise her.

Dinner was an absolute disaster. As soon as the first dish was served Terrowin was yelling at a servant for not placing his plate down correctly. Then he complained tht the soup was cold, the meat was too hot, he wanted beer not wine. It was never ending. Genevieve sat there in silence most of the evening, only speaking when he spoke directly towards her. She was polite and did her best to ignore his increasing temper as the night went on. "Well I think I better get to bed, it's quite late. Goodnight Terrowin." She said as she stood to leave. He stood as well angered that she was leaving so quickly, raising his hand he wanted to smack her but instead gestured towards the door. "Sleep well Genevive...." He replied his polite tone sounding forced as she quickly left.

"What were you thinking?" Cragretur growled at his son who was still trying to satiate his hunger. Lancelot ate on, the voice of his father a distant sound to him. It has all been worth it, the pain, the sore limbs, the hunger and fatigue, all worth it. He saw her again, upclose, smelt her sweet fragrance and that in its right was worth every pain.
"Pray to the gods, thank them that they had touched Lord Terrowin's heart, else you'll be six feet below."
Stedituge voiced entering the room, he removed his robe and hung it on a nail by the wall side.
"Its not the gods that have saved me neither is it your Lord. It was her, fair princess Genevieve, she entreated Terrowin on my behalf." Lancelot said finally bringing his head up. Cragretur groaned angrily, he had a feeling things were bound to get worse.
"You will do well to stay away from the princess Lancelot, His Majesty and Lord Terrowin watches over her like an egg."
Lancelot nodded, he'll watch his steps but he won't stay away from her. He can't now as

Last edited:
She has become the centre of his thoughts, he wouldn't be surprised if his dreams were now invaded by her. Tommorrow he has to be in the palace, to have words on the amounts of arrow to be made and its type and markings.
Yes, it was all worth it.

Genevive didn't waste anytime before getting ready for bed. Laying there she couldn't help but wonder about the blacksmith. There was something about him that just kept drawing her thoughts back to him, but she couldn't quite figure out what.

Lancelot beamed as the palace guard allowed him in. Ofcourse they would, he was now an arrow making machine for the empire. Frankly he wasn't that hurt by the task. The mere thought of seeing Genevieve was too alluring and pleasant that he wouldn't have passed for the job if he had his way.
Lancelot stopped and gazed up at her window again, she wasn't there this time. He sighed heavily and made for the palace forge. Hopefully he might get to see her before the day expires.

Genevieve had insisted she be there to instruct him when he arrived. Since he'd be making arrows for her they had to be perfect. She knew what she wanted and it didn't hurt that she'd get to see him again. "Welcome back Lancelot. I'm glad it's on better terms this time..." She said smiling as he walked in.

Back