Help with a phrase?

That's a Tramp Stamp over here

(And Steve44UK)

In South Wales, another term used describes women with a fake tan who think alot of themselves: Wotsit (it's a bright orange puffed corn cheesy snack).

And women really do wander the city streets in skimpy outfits and spangly pink cowboy hats on a Friday or Saturday night. Some women come down from the Valleys looking for a man, they're known as the Valleys Commandos.

(And Steve44UK)

In South Wales, another term used describes women with a fake tan who think alot of themselves: Wotsit (it's a bright orange puffed corn cheesy snack).

And women really do wander the city streets in skimpy outfits and spangly pink cowboy hats on a Friday or Saturday night. Some women come down from the Valleys looking for a man, they're known as the Valleys Commandos.

Something like that happens in Newcaste-upon-Tyne, or did.
It's quite funny at times.

Something like that happens in Newcaste-upon-Tyne, or did.
It's quite funny at times.

Have you written up the details in a story? Nonconsent/Reluctance, one presumes! Or were you happy to go along with them? ;)

:nana:
Consensual dancing by safe banana!

Have you written up the details in a story? Nonconsent/Reluctance, one presumes! Or were you happy to go along with them? ;)

:nana:
Consensual dancing by safe banana!

Not yet, no, but in the future ?
And that banana has flat feel

Slag tag swag?
:D

I wish my progag was hip enough to use that phrase.

If anyone stumbles upon any more Biblical references, feel free to drop them in. The phrase will probably be incorporated into the title of the story, so it needs to be descriptive and yet alluring for the reader. Maybe "God's tattoo-prevention plan"? I could set it up with the Leviticus and Corinthians quotes, and then use "tattoo tithe", "Leviticus levy" and "temple trust fund" after the reader understands what's going on.

Thanks for the great suggestions. :)

The problem is that you don't want a term that's so cutsy that the term takes over your story.

The problem is that you don't want a term that's so cutsy that the term takes over your story.

Exactly. Writing from the protag's POV, it's got to be straight-laced, leaning towards pompous. It's tempting to try to use clever language, but that could mess up the tone.

The Leviticus Levy?

Lev. 19:28: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

My word, I admire your biblical knowledge, Bramblethorn. :rose:

Deezee - I liked the temple reference. I thought it had pompous potential as well as a hint of sleazy Dad on pure daughter -ness.

Tatoo

I am pretty certain that the fourth edition of the New Revised Standard version says at Leviticus 19 28. "You shall not gash your flesh, or tattoo any marks upon you."

I could confirm that for certain if I was at home and could look it up, but I am quite sure that the word tattoo is used and that the final phrase from "or tattoo is exact.

Doesn't quite relate to the original request but might make a strong component in the father's dialogue.:)

Back