What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solyndra was a bad investment. And it represents all of .0006% of the overall stimulus. The fact that a stimulus package of this magnitude doesn't have a dozen Solyndras is the only mildly surprising thing here.

Your perspective is terrible.

And what did the rest of the Stimulus accomplish? According to our general knowledge of economics....not much...if you look at Busy's chart, it becomes clear....the stimulus did nothing for us except save a few jobs (they probably counted the few hundred jobs at Solyndra that lasted a few months).

The democrats are destroying the economy and you can't believe a word that comes out of their mouths.

Here's a link showing that there have been almost 500 new gulf oil drilling permits since the spill. And that's not including Pacific and Alaskan permits (and gulf permits issued pre-spill). You can even download copies of each individual application. :rolleyes:

http://www.bsee.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Permits/Status-of-Gulf-of-Mexico-Well-Permits.aspx

None of this matters to Rightfield. You could print out all 500 new drilling permits and jam them in his boxer shorts. He'd look you in the eye and tell you they don't exist because that's what a blogger said.

They put a moratorium in place. Many of the rigs (which are mobile platforms) were moved to other areas of the globe where the other nations leaders didn't say "I"m the all powerful Obama and I command that all drilling ceast and desist immediately". I like the jib-jab Obama piece.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=jibjab+obama

The oil/drilling and related services were stopped and the economy crashed even further (because lots of businesses were related to the oil/gas work) and then Obama says "well, Ok, I guess you can drill again". That's strong leadership! I'll be Obama can reach around and take the "kick me" sign off that Hillary put there if he's really flexible.

Last edited:
So, based on that jobs trend above, it can be said that Obama's recovery is charactorized by an arrow heading downwards and he demands that we be damned happy about it because he knows whats good for us. He also knows what's good for us in medical insurance too and is not shy about telling us exactly what we're going to get.

well, more and more people are waking up to what a turd the obama care is.

can never forget pelosi "we have to pass obama care so that we can see what it is"

democrats and obama are like Pinokio. they spew lies and "jobs" grow. just like Pinokio noise grew.

now, are democrats human?

I love that he thinks I'm ashamed of my gay stories. It's so cute. If I'm ashamed of them it's because they suck and they suck because I'm not gay and really just kind of have two guys who see something in each other. Never quite mastered that ones the bitch and ones the butch. Still meh. At least Rightfield seems to have temporarily regained some sanity.

I love that he thinks I'm ashamed of my gay stories. It's so cute. If I'm ashamed of them it's because they suck and they suck because I'm not gay and really just kind of have two guys who see something in each other. Never quite mastered that ones the bitch and ones the butch. Still meh. At least Rightfield seems to have temporarily regained some sanity.

yes, we know you want to suck Dick off, dick daily

They put a moratorium in place. Many of the rigs (which are mobile platforms) were moved to other areas of the globe where the other nations leaders didn't say "I"m the all powerful Obama and I command that all drilling ceast and desist immediately".

Only 2 of the 33 deepwater rigs operating in the gulf before the BP rig exploded have left for other fields.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/us/25drill.html

The oil/drilling and related services were stopped and the economy crashed even further (because lots of businesses were related to the oil/gas work) and then Obama says "well, Ok, I guess you can drill again". That's strong leadership! I'll be Obama can reach around and take the "kick me" sign off that Hillary put there if he's really flexible.

Yeah I don't care. The moratorium was only for a few months and it was limited to certain types of deep water wells. Economic impact was small. Then Obama granted 500 new gulf drilling permits.

There are several reasons the suspension has not cut as deeply as anticipated.

Oil companies used the enforced suspension to service and upgrade their drilling equipment, keeping shipyards and service companies busy. Drilling firms have kept most of their workers, knowing that if they let them go it will be hard to field experienced teams when the moratorium is lifted. Oil companies have shifted operations to onshore wells, saving industry jobs. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/us/25drill.html

Can you tell me why conservatives continue to say that there's still a moratorium when it's been almost a couple years?

And what did the rest of the Stimulus accomplish? According to our general knowledge of economics....not much...if you look at Busy's chart, it becomes clear....the stimulus did nothing for us except save a few jobs (they probably counted the few hundred jobs at Solyndra that lasted a few months).

Nobody should have to tell you this but...

Analysis from the CBO > Busybody
Analysis from the Fed > Busybody
Analysis from Goldmann Sachs > Busybody
Analysis from IHS/Global Insight > Busybody
Analysis from Macroeconomic Advisors > Busybody
Analysis from CBO > Busybody
Analysis from JP Morgan Chase > Busybody
Analysis from Moody's Analytics > Busybody
Analysis from a parakeet > Busybody

You're so much of a religious thinker that you "believe" otherwise. Nobody in the private or public sector knows how to do professional economic analysis. The only people in the country who are capable of looking at the economy in a professional, objective manner are Republicans, right?

Do you honestly not understand how idiotic you sound?

The democrats are destroying the economy and you can't believe a word that comes out of their mouths.

Yes, heading into an election in a few months the Democrats are DEFINITELY trying to crash the economy. That's just good politics.

You're such a brain dead moron. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pardon me for stating the obvious, but, they ran out of money.

I'm sure that's alreay been said within the thread. Sry.

Pardon me for stating the obvious, but, they ran out of money.

I'm sure that's alreay been said within the thread. Sry.

anecdotal local business pulse: Two years ago, I had sub contractors fighting over jobs...this past week I had the same subs telling me that the "job was too small."

Speaking of Stimulus

Jim Rogers, the co-chairman and lead fundraiser for the Democratic National Convention host-committee, is well versed in the art of political cronyism.

Rogers, the CEO of Duke Energy Corp., one of the largest utility corporations in the country, has given generously to Democratic politicians over the years. Along with his wife, Mary Anne, he has contributed more than $210,000 to Democratic candidates and committees since 2008, more than double what the couple has given to Republicans. Of that figure, more than $150,000 went to the Democratic National Committee (DNC); $19,200 went to President Obama.

Just as Rogers has helped fund Democratic politicians, they, in turn, have helped steer massive amounts of federal funding to Duke Energy. The 2009 stimulus package, for instance, was a boon for the company: Duke received federal grants totaling $230.4 million for a number of “green” energy projects including “smart grid” development and wind energy storage.

According to Recovery.gov, Duke created 196.6 jobs as a result of the grants.

The company also received a $350,000 grant to assist General Motors in the development of the Chevrolet Volt, the poorly selling electric vehicle that the Obama administration has recently proposed subsidizing at a rate of $10,000 per car.

Rogers’ support for the president’s “green” agenda earned him a spot on the short list to become President Obama’s Energy Secretary.

Though headquartered in Charlotte, Duke maintains an active presence in Washington, D.C., having spent more than $26 million lobbying the federal government on energy-related issues since 2007.

In 2009, the company enlisted the services of the Podesta Group, a lobbying firm founded by John Podesta, the former president of the Center for American Progress and co-chairman of the Obama-Biden transition team, and his brother Tony Podesta. Since then, Duke Energy has paid the firm $860,000 to lobby to “support the passage of climate change and energy legislation” and “energy efficiency and clean energy solutions,” according to a database maintained by the Senate Office of Public Records
http://freebeacon.com/democratic-national-cronyism/

anecdotal local business pulse: Two years ago, I had sub contractors fighting over jobs...this past week I had the same subs telling me that the "job was too small."

I've had the same problem for three years.

Bad times just shake out the bit players...

From the creator of the Stimulus, we get THE BUDGET!

Timmy says, "It's unsustainable, but we hate your ideas more!" :p

Have you seen the official White House version of what the New York Times headline writers call “A Responsible Budget”? My favorite bit is Chart 5-1 on page 58 of their 500-page appendix on “Analytical Perspectives.” This is entitled “Publicly Held Debt Under 2013 Budget Policy Projections.” It’s a straight lin e going straight up before disappearing off the top right-hand corner of the graph in the year 2084 and continuing northeast straight through your eye socket, out the back of your skull, and zooming up to rendezvous with Newt’s space colony on the moon circa 2100. Just to emphasize, this isn’t the doom-laden dystopian fancy of a right-wing apocalyptic loon like me; it’s the official Oval Office version of where America’s headed. In the New York Times–approved “responsible budget” there is no attempt even to pretend to bend the debt curve into something approaching reentry with reality.

As for us doom-mongers, at the House Budget Committee on Thursday, Chairman Paul Ryan produced another chart, this time from the Congressional Budget Office, with an even steeper straight line showing debt rising to 900 percent of GDP and rocketing off the graph circa 2075. America’s treasury secretary, Timmy Geithner the TurboTax Kid, thought the chart would have been even more hilarious if they’d run the numbers into the next millennium: “You could have taken it out to 3000 or to 4000” he chortled, to supportive titters from his aides. Has total societal collapse ever been such a non-stop laugh riot?

“Yeah, right.” replied Ryan. “We cut it off at the end of the century because the economy, according to the CBO, shuts down in 2027 on this path.”

It may well be that the Democrats succeed in establishing this narrative. But anyone who falls for it is a sap. In fact, these two issues — the Obama condoms-for-clunkers giveaway and a debt-to-GDP ratio of 900 percent by 2075 — are not unconnected. In Greece, 100 grandparents have 42 grandchildren — i.e., an upside-down family tree. As I wrote in this space a few weeks ago, “If 100 geezers run up a bazillion dollars’ worth of debt, is it likely that 42 youngsters will ever be able to pay it off?” Most analysts know the answer to that question: Greece is demographically insolvent. So it’s looking to Germany to continue bankrolling its First World lifestyle.

But the Germans are also demographically exhausted: They have the highest proportion of childless women in Europe. One in three fräulein have checked out of the motherhood business entirely. A nation that did without having kids of its own is in no mood to maintain Greece as the ingrate slacker who never moves out of the house. As the European debt crisis staggers on, these two countries loathe each other ever more nakedly: The Greek president brings up his war record against the German bullies, and Athenian commentators warn of the new Fourth Reich. The Germans, for their part, would rather cut the Greeks loose. In a post-prosperity West, social solidarity — i.e., socioeconomic fictions such as “Europe” — are the first to disappear.

The United States faces a mildly less daunting arithmetic. Nevertheless, the Baby Boomers did not have enough children to maintain mid-20th-century social programs. As a result, the children they did have will end their lives in a poorer, uglier, sicker, more divided, and more violent society. How to avert this fate? In 2009 Nancy Pelosi called for free contraceptives as a form of economic stimulus. Ten thousand Americans retire every day, and leave insufficient progeny to pick up the slack. In effect, Nancy has rolled a giant condom over the entire American economy.

It may well be that the Democrats succeed in establishing this narrative. But anyone who falls for it is a sap. In fact, these two issues — the Obama condoms-for-clunkers giveaway and a debt-to-GDP ratio of 900 percent by 2075 — are not unconnected. In Greece, 100 grandparents have 42 grandchildren — i.e., an upside-down family tree. As I wrote in this space a few weeks ago, “If 100 geezers run up a bazillion dollars’ worth of debt, is it likely that 42 youngsters will ever be able to pay it off?” Most analysts know the answer to that question: Greece is demographically insolvent. So it’s looking to Germany to continue bankrolling its First World lifestyle.

But the Germans are also demographically exhausted: They have the highest proportion of childless women in Europe. One in three fräulein have checked out of the motherhood business entirely. A nation that did without having kids of its own is in no mood to maintain Greece as the ingrate slacker who never moves out of the house. As the European debt crisis staggers on, these two countries loathe each other ever more nakedly: The Greek president brings up his war record against the German bullies, and Athenian commentators warn of the new Fourth Reich. The Germans, for their part, would rather cut the Greeks loose. In a post-prosperity West, social solidarity — i.e., socioeconomic fictions such as “Europe” — are the first to disappear.

The United States faces a mildly less daunting arithmetic. Nevertheless, the Baby Boomers did not have enough children to maintain mid-20th-century social programs. As a result, the children they did have will end their lives in a poorer, uglier, sicker, more divided, and more violent society. How to avert this fate? In 2009 Nancy Pelosi called for free contraceptives as a form of economic stimulus. Ten thousand Americans retire every day, and leave insufficient progeny to pick up the slack. In effect, Nancy has rolled a giant condom over the entire American economy.

Testifying before Congress, Timmy Geithner referred only to “demographic challenges” — an oblique allusion to the fact that the U.S. economy is about to be terminally clobbered by $100 trillion of entitlement obligations it can never meet. And, as Chart 5-1 on page 58 of the official Obama budget “Analytical Perspectives” makes plain, your feckless, decadent rulers have no plans to do anything about it. Instead, the Democrats shriek, Ooh, Republican prudes who can’t get any action want to shut down your sex life! According to CBO projections, by mid-century mere interest payments on the debt will exceed federal revenues. For purposes of comparison, by 1788 Louis XVI’s government in France was spending a mere 60 percent of revenues on debt service, and we know how that worked out for His Majesty shortly thereafter. Not to worry, says Barry Antoinette. Let them eat condoms.

This is a very curious priority for a dying republic. “Birth control” is accessible, indeed ubiquitous, and, by comparison with anything from a gallon of gas to basic cable, one of the cheapest expenses in the average budget. Not even Rick Santorum, that notorious scourge of the sexually liberated, wishes to restrain the individual right to contraception.

Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, distills the current hysteria thus: “It’s as if we passed a law requiring mosques to sell bacon and then, when people objected, responded by saying ‘What’s wrong with bacon? You’re trying to ban bacon!!!!’”
Mark Steyn, NRO

didn't obama say that if he is allowed to spend all that money, unemployment will stay under 8%?

:rolleyes:

why won't the obama release documents about Solyndra? what is the obama trying to hide?

clearly, obama and team are criminals

He didn't know how bad it was...

... and yet, he acted anyway. Reminds me of the Skip Gates affair...

yeah, and we have to remember that pelosi had no idea what obama care was as she didn't read it, as they were only allowed to read it, after it passed.

how many exemptions and waves does the obama care have today?

obama care, the new Yugo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back