Thinkings, feelings and...doings ~ 2013

The thing is I like Epic fantasy with a hefty dose of politics, but somehow this Song of Fire and Ice one just turned me off.
You make some valid points. Although I disagree on some of them. I do love the books, very much, and the series is still good after book 5 IMO, but its certainly not for everyone. One thing I admire about him most is his ability to make you love a character you once hated, for instance Jaime Lanister.

You make some valid points. Although I disagree on some of them. I do love the books, very much, and the series is still good after book 5 IMO, but its certainly not for everyone. One thing I admire about him most is his ability to make you love a character you once hated, for instance Jaime Lanister.

I had to jump in here!!! I completely agree with that point. GRRM has a real talent for making you love a character you once hated. At first only John Snow, Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister were my favourites. But after learning the truth of Jaime's tale, I have more feels for him that I ever thought possible.

I can also relate to Veroe's stance on wanting some bloody justice.

I personally prefer the books to the series. Yet I find the series to be pretty damn good in it's own right.

I'll slink back out now. :p

The attempted murderer of a child...that Jaime Lanister. :rolleyes:
I didn't get to the point where he showed some redeeming qualities as a human being in the books or the show. Are we supposed to overlook the fact that he casually shoved that Stark boy out of that window now?

I rage-quitted the show an episode or two before the infamous red wedding. So I missed Jaime showing he isn't a child-murdering incestuous bastard.

I had to jump in here!!! I completely agree with that point. GRRM has a real talent for making you love a character you once hated. At first only John Snow, Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister were my favourites. But after learning the truth of Jaime's tale, I have more feels for him that I ever thought possible.

I can also relate to Veroe's stance on wanting some bloody justice.

I personally prefer the books to the series. Yet I find the series to be pretty damn good in it's own right.

I'll slink back out now. :p

I liked those three too. GRRM needed more of them and less of the others IMO. Oh I did like Daenerys too, and the show made me a fan of Drugo (I think: Jason Mamoa's character), and Mormont or that knight that followed Daenerys around with the Delfraki.

The attempted murderer of a child...that Jaime Lanister. :rolleyes:
I didn't get to the point where he showed some redeeming qualities as a human being in the books or the show. Are we supposed to overlook the fact that he casually shoved that Stark boy out of that window now?

I rage-quitted the show an episode or two before the infamous red wedding. So I missed Jaime showing he isn't a child-murdering incestuous bastard.

HEHE ... I giggled as I read this.

I won't deny that Jaime's done some things that pretty darn unforgivable. Nor will I say that his full back story erases or even makes up for his flaws. But I will say that it makes you understand him more.

LT: The vodka may have been a bad idea ... hindsight is a bitch.

blushes guiltily

This gave me a chuckle...

LT: I hate housework, but it's so nice to get it done and out of the way by noon.

F: A small ache in my back...

D: Getting ready to go get a few groceries!

I liked those three too. GRRM needed more of them and less of the others IMO. Oh I did like Daenerys too, and the show made me a fan of Drugo (I think: Jason Mamoa's character), and Mormont or that knight that followed Daenerys around with the Delfraki.

I like Jorah Mormont too. He was a good man in his heart, for the most part. I am kinda sad about his state of affairs right now but I won't say anything to spoil it. In any case there are quite a few likable characters, maybe you just need to give it another go?

HEHE ... I giggled as I read this.

I won't deny that Jaime's done some things that pretty darn unforgivable. Nor will I say that his full back story erases or even makes up for his flaws. But I will say that it makes you understand him more.

Indeed it does.

Trying to write, need to finish this post. C'mon muse don't fail me now.

LT: I want to be about 3,920 miles closer. :(

F: Sad. Missing him. Only a few more weeks to go.

D: My hair. My nails. Trying to boost the old self esteem. I know it'll work soon. Soon.

sighs

Thinking...Apparently safety first is not a priority :mad: AND oops varnished wood tables and acetone do not mix.

Feeling...Disgruntled

Doing...Waiting for my nail polish to dry.

Thinking: It's too hot to think.

Feeling: Like I'm roasting, despite it being night time.

Doing: Plotting

LT ~ Sleep is for wimps. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

yawns

Feeling ~ Tired but determined. Places to go, things to do, stars of TV shows to fantasise about... :D

Doing ~ Ingesting coffee, in rather large quantities.

LT: Thank God I have two days off after this.

F: Sore. Very sore. Can barely move my left arm.

D: Lots of wincing.

Thinking... So much work, so much work! :(

Feeling... Overwhelmed

Doing... Browsing before I hit the books hard.

Thinking... So much work, so much work! :(

Feeling... Overwhelmed

Doing... Browsing before I hit the books hard.

Good luck on your job at hand. And just so you know you may feel overwhelmed right now, B., but you got this. Whatever obstacle may be in your path I know you will overcome it, because you are one capable and mighty warrior.:);)

Good luck on your job at hand. And just so you know you may feel overwhelmed right now, B., but you got this. Whatever obstacle may be in your path I know you will overcome it, because you are one capable and mighty warrior.:);)

Thank you Veroe. I appreciate your kind, and inspiring words :)

T: Must get some reviews up, tomorrow.

F: Not thrilled with it, but fuck it - I never am.

D: Bed now.

xo, my fellow pervs :heart:

T: Must get some reviews up, tomorrow.

F: Not thrilled with it, but fuck it - I never am.

Well, I loved it, even if you didn't. ;)
And am sure I won't be the only one. :rose:

LT ~ Now, to decide on next month's prompts...

Feeling ~ Excited

Doing ~ Fajitas, Disney and a little unwinding.

Back