Writing Goal for the Day?

Changed my thinking about plots and outlines. NEW THINK: I dont need to obsess about the course so long as I know the destination and ports-o-call along the way.

Changed my thinking about plots and outlines. NEW THINK: I dont need to obsess about the course so long as I know the destination and ports-o-call along the way.

First time writers usually do that sooner or later with short pieces.

First time writers usually do that sooner or later with short pieces.

Dear, you dont know nuthin for sure; all you know is you aint read anything. Beyond THAT youre guessing. Some advice: Dont bet the farm on what you dont know.

Set the scene on my new story to explore some lesbian sex, now to get them into it.
BotC is getting several changes, so the battle scene plays out right. It's hard to move an army around a battle field so they can be in the right position for a surprise attack. Once I get the scene done, it's time to introduce another twist in the events and surprise the reader yet again. By the time the chapter is over, no one would have guessed the outcome of what would happen.

On another note, the severed nerve cord has almost rejoined and I'm finally getting feeling on the left side of the knee. Still a fair bit to go, so lots of interesting pains to feel yet. Poor nerves are confused all to hell about what happened. They're firing off signals wrong and trying to remember what they used to do. All the muscle memory is gone, so it's a bitch trying to teach them again. No one said it would be nice, or easy. Onward we continue, fuck the pain, let's dance. :D

YAY! I did get a little writing done. A new story that looks like ti has great potential.

Well, taking a break from the longer pieces seemed to have struck the muse! I got two short submissions done and had the muse stirred enough to write a little ditty for the Erotic poetry category. w00t!

Might to try write later today but have to say I'm really tired right now. Plus I need to figure out what to make for dinner (I like to cook, but this daily decision is a pain in the butt). However, tomorrow will be a writing morning barring complications.

Might to try write later today but have to say I'm really tired right now. Plus I need to figure out what to make for dinner (I like to cook, but this daily decision is a pain in the butt). However, tomorrow will be a writing morning barring complications.

I MAKE the decisions on dinner on Fridays before going to the market. If the rest of them don't like it, let them pay for take-out :D

I discovered several pages of notes in my composition notebook, describing the plots and characters for cross-genre stories: Noir and erotica; Fantasy and erotica; Suspense and erotica. And from the character descriptions, looks like the women in them are all different: petite, bbw, avergage..brunette, redhead...Italian, Irish, German... It looks like I wrote them last night: I must have awaken and wrote down what I dreamed.

Looks like I have MORE projects ahead.....

I'm really trying to find the end of my final chapter, but what was intended to be an intense culminating love scene has taken some random humorous turn!

Why don't these characters ever do what they're told...? Why are they laughing?! :confused:

I've been making a weekly menu for the past 3 weeks and following it as best I can, that means I don't have to guess what's for supper. Now, this does make it tricky if my kids miss school, because I don't work in an extra meal for the - what if - factor of life.

Hope to get some private edits out today--or early tomorrow--and be able to go at my own production full blast.

More on the bdsm novel. I have to say I am truly enjoying writing this as there is not sex in every chapter.

My goal here is to create something along the lines of a Hardcore soap opera. Enough sex and smut to keep the perv's interested, but an actual story line and enough character development to hold the readers interest in between the sex.

More on the bdsm novel. I have to say I am truly enjoying writing this as there is not sex in every chapter.

My goal here is to create something along the lines of a Hardcore soap opera. Enough sex and smut to keep the perv's interested, but an actual story line and enough character development to hold the readers interest in between the sex.

Oh my, it sounds like you're growing as a writer. *sniff sniff sniff* This is a beautiful thing. :D (I say this with sincerity) - Glad you're having fun.

Oh my, it sounds like you're growing as a writer. *sniff sniff sniff* This is a beautiful thing. :D (I say this with sincerity) - Glad you're having fun.

Thank you:rose: Yes I am moving past the smut stage and going for something a little more substantial. Actually my V-day contest entry was a pretty big step for me. Drastically different than my previous work and so far is doing better than I expected.

Thank you:rose: Yes I am moving past the smut stage and going for something a little more substantial. Actually my V-day contest entry was a pretty big step for me. Drastically different than my previous work and so far is doing better than I expected.

You're welcome. :)

Today's goal is to yank back some pieces I sent to be edited - they were written on the fly (I think that's the saying) and the more I thought about them, the more I realized they're crap. :D

You're welcome. :)

Today's goal is to yank back some pieces I sent to be edited - they were written on the fly (I think that's the saying) and the more I thought about them, the more I realized they're crap. :D

I doubt they're total crap, even if they're mostly crap, there's something there worth keeping. When I first started writing erotica, I did it for myself, and deleted them. I was afraid someone, somehow, would see them, like I'd die and my friend who is my executor would see them. Silly, huh? I'm a lot less worried about it these days. And I really wish I'd kept them. So even if you think they're so crappy you don't even want to try to fix them, keep them anyway. You might change your mind later on. Happy writing today!

Angel:rose:

I doubt they're total crap, even if they're mostly crap, there's something there worth keeping. When I first started writing erotica, I did it for myself, and deleted them. I was afraid someone, somehow, would see them, like I'd die and my friend who is my executor would see them. Silly, huh? I'm a lot less worried about it these days. And I really wish I'd kept them. So even if you think they're so crappy you don't even want to try to fix them, keep them anyway. You might change your mind later on. Happy writing today!

Angel:rose:

Thanks. :D :rose:

One may pass the muster (do you know until this year I always thought the saying was "pass the mustard" - never understood why). I'll keep the one, and most likely pitch the other, it was excessively shorter than my usual, and I know I can do better.

When I started writing erotica I submitted it right from the get-go to Lit., and learned as I developed more and more stories what I could and couldn't do. The things I couldn't, I worked harder at and though I still struggle with some categories I know if push came to shove I could write in them.

I was more concerned with my parents opinion than anyone else. They got over it, and still aren't thrilled. No one outside of Lit. reads my work and everyone knows I write it, well family and close friends do (read it that is).

I've deleted work I'm not happy with because I don't like to clutter my flash drive. It's just the way it is with me. I do the same thing with my home. In the summer, our town has an annual garage sale weekend, and I never have one, because my "clutter" has either been trashed, recycled, or donated.

Okay, another Thursday, another day with PennGirl in her preschool program and me at McDonald's, settling in to write. I hope.

Then later I can stress about dinner, although at least I got some chicken out to thaw yesterday.

I read through one of the pieces and decided to keep it and polish it. I have also ventured over to the Fetish forum in hopes to stir the muse in that direction.

As I sit here and wonder about said category I can honestly say I don't have a fetish. At one point in my life, perhaps it was living a BDSM lifestyle, but that isn't the case any more. I am not the same woman I was in 2005-2009.

This is a good thing for me.

I do like the idea of some things that are discussed in that forum, but I know it is the fantasy aspect and that's all.

Already a couple ideas have popped into my head and I'm listing them in my Story Idea file on my flash drive.

Thanks. :D :rose:

One may pass the muster (do you know until this year I always thought the saying was "pass the mustard" - never understood why). I'll keep the one, and most likely pitch the other, it was excessively shorter than my usual, and I know I can do better.

When I started writing erotica I submitted it right from the get-go to Lit., and learned as I developed more and more stories what I could and couldn't do. The things I couldn't, I worked harder at and though I still struggle with some categories I know if push came to shove I could write in them.

I was more concerned with my parents opinion than anyone else. They got over it, and still aren't thrilled. No one outside of Lit. reads my work and everyone knows I write it, well family and close friends do (read it that is).

I've deleted work I'm not happy with because I don't like to clutter my flash drive. It's just the way it is with me. I do the same thing with my home. In the summer, our town has an annual garage sale weekend, and I never have one, because my "clutter" has either been trashed, recycled, or donated.

<<<looks around at messy house and too, too much stuff...Red, will you come live with me? Pretty please? I'll cook and do the shopping and the laundry and (gag) take out the trash...if you'll just keep it neat and clean. Pretty please???:heart::heart::heart:

<<<looks around at messy house and too, too much stuff...Red, will you come live with me? Pretty please? I'll cook and do the shopping and the laundry and (gag) take out the trash...if you'll just keep it neat and clean. Pretty please???:heart::heart::heart:

Oh yes, taking out the trash would so be your job. :D

Back