What pissed you off today? Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stella_Omega

No Gentleman
late last night, I found a suicide note on my facebook feed. My friend has fallen onto such hard times that they will have to become homeless. They would rather KILL THEMSELF rather than put their dog into a shelter because they don't think it's right to make a dog homeless too. Do you feel as horrified as I do? I hope so.

I see a lot of rescue notices, and a lot of shaming language regarding people who give up their animals. According to some of these groups my friends so blithely repost, anyone who deserts a pet is an evil person and probably steals from grandmothers and molests children.

Times, my friends, are REALLY INSANELY HARD for many of us who used to have a reasonable outlook. Keeping pets is a wonderful thing. But we can only do so much, and sometimes life changes.

Please, before you repost those lovely words of shame and blame with the picture of a muddy kitten-- think about who is going to read them. You are preaching to the choir, mostly. The folks who don't care? Still won't care. The folks who do care? Will still care. Thsoe of us who have had to leave a pet behind Will still have left a pet behind, even though we care.

And someone is contemplating suicide right now.

I only just woke up, but now I'm kind of pissed at the people who post muddy kitten photos. Because I completely agree. All that is accomplished is agitation of those of us who care in the first place. I actually completely ignored a friend on facebook because she's connected to some rescue groups and kept posting pictures of sad kitties needing homes...I CAN'T HELP YOU STOP MAKING ME SAD!! xD

A friend I've known since childhood and still meet around two, three times a month for coffee got married in August. And I only found out about it today. WTF?

I knew he was engaged to his girlfriend and he told me when that happened, but he's never even mentioned a wedding being planned or anything remotely wedding related.

I feel really bad now. I mean, why didn't he ever tell me? I know his now-wife doesn't like me (she thinks my friend and I share too much history?!), so I understand that I wasn't invited to the wedding, but why not even mention getting married in the first place?

Clearly I should have noticed the status change and wedding photo on FB? Probably would have, if I logged on more than four times a year. So my bad? :rolleyes:

Master's Dad has taken a turn for the worse. He is hurting.
I hate seeing anyone I love hurting.
I know this is the wrong thread, but fucking cancer :(

Kmart is the same, in many ways. 99% of the employees are part time. Only a very few are full time and it seems to follow certain departments. Loss Prevention has some full time salary, some full time hourly and then HR is full time, but hourly. Of course, management is all salary.

And while the part time employees did have healthcare, Obamacare stopped that. I guess they didn't want to give their part time employees more than they were getting and that was less than the Obamacare standard limit. I think we were lucky to get what we were getting.

Of those part time employees, most of them are making about $7 per hour. There isn't any way to live off of that little money, so most people either have a second job or maybe a spouse that makes the bulk of the family income. I'm not totally sure about across the board, but I applied for a job at Sears and was quoted a similar wage.

Kmart owns Sears and neither company is doing very well. In fact, Kmart made a statement that they did so poorly last Christmas season that they are closing over 200 stores. All of the Kmarts in my city are closing, one at a time. I expect many Sears stores to be next. Some companies have the ability to move from the "in store" way of doing business to the "on line" way. Walmart seems to have been able to do that, while Kmart and Sears aren't doing as well. We've had meetings of how they want to change, but it seems Kmart and Sears customers just don't do "on line" that well, or even want to. If they want "on line", they'll go to Walmart.

Kmart has made bad marketing decisions in the past and that's why they have been hurting. Also, their prices are higher than Walmart. I think they were closer in the old days, but as years have gone by, Kmart has come closer to Sears in their pricing. I think Target is cheaper than Kmart in many things. I think Target is also doing better with the "on line" thing. I really think you need that, if your store is going to survive.

Walmart is very much a company that has no trickle down, when it comes to money. Kmart isn't doing very well, so I might let them slide a little bit. But, Walmart isn't hurting. They aren't closing stores. This article is just sad and if you were to ask an employee, I'd bet you'd hear that it reflects the mindset of Walmart management, as a whole.

Thank you both.
He has moved to hospice care. :(

<hug> it's so hard to be in you and your Master's shoes. Cancer is hell on the body..but also on everyone around the victim. If it makes you feel any better, some hospice care centers are AMAZING. I've had two family members spend time in them and (while nothing is perfect), I knew my family was being well cared for. You could see it in the attitudes of people there, the quality of the grounds, and the little things they did for those staying there.

And that they tolerated my grandmother for more than a day...Hospice nurses are super-human :p

Pissed me OFF: My fiance BLASTS his music when he drives. and then LEAVES IT that way when he turns off the car. When I was nice enough to move his car FOR HIM (since he was an idiot and parked behind someone who he knew would be leaving soon), my ears got LAMBASTED. :mad: This is not the first time this has happened...

Last edited:
I ordered 250 turkeys for a give away at work, i requested 10-12 lb birds. I bid them with my prime and secondary vendor. The requesting party has a cousin who works at the local grocery store, so he insisted we give the business to them.

The turkeys come in at 10-14lb cases, and the birds average 13.5 lbs each.

I get a nasty email "who made the mistake, blah blah blah, i'm spending $900.00 more than I had budgeted, blah blah blah"

I called bitch up and put her straight. Flat out told her there's no finger pointing this one, she wanted grocery store product and she got grocery store product.

Pissed me OFF: My fiance BLASTS his music when he drives. and then LEAVES IT that way when he turns off the car. When I was nice enough to move his car FOR HIM (since he was an idiot and parked behind someone who he knew would be leaving soon), my ears got LAMBASTED. :mad: This is not the first time this has happened...
When you get in his car to perform one of these helpful acts, turn the sound system way down before starting the car, or be ready to do so or hit the power switch for it as soon as the engine starts. Then change the channel to easy listening or some type of music he hates (country, soft jazz, etc.), at a moderate volume level. After a few times, he'll get the message.

This is more a whine, or just... I dunno. WHY is my 16-year-old friend getting more sex then I am?!?! .... Okay, when my "getting sex" is at "nada" that's not hard to do, but I mean she's so young, and she's doing stuff I've only *dreamed* of!! And I'm not going to lecture her about being too young 'cause I know her well enough to know she's not being irresponsible, but... It feels weird! I want that! Can I trade lives with her? Goodness.

This is more a whine, or just... I dunno. WHY is my 16-year-old friend getting more sex then I am?!?! .... Okay, when my "getting sex" is at "nada" that's not hard to do, but I mean she's so young, and she's doing stuff I've only *dreamed* of!! And I'm not going to lecture her about being too young 'cause I know her well enough to know she's not being irresponsible, but... It feels weird! I want that! Can I trade lives with her? Goodness.

I scratch my head at 16 year old having sex responsibly.

When you get in his car to perform one of these helpful acts, turn the sound system way down before starting the car, or be ready to do so or hit the power switch for it as soon as the engine starts. Then change the channel to easy listening or some type of music he hates (country, soft jazz, etc.), at a moderate volume level. After a few times, he'll get the message.

I was ready due to the previous occurance, but it was still very jarring xD I gave him the message by storming back into the house and declaring that he needs to turn down his damned music when he turns off his car and this also explains how he doesn't hear what I say half the time :p

I'm super pissy in general today so look out

Probably a diet/on the wagon/pms triple threat of rage

People who are too lazy to read the home page related to their franchise-like business and instead ask their questions on a support FB group with thousands of members. Easier for them but shows no regard for the time of the other members. Today the same question was asked twice! God forbid they scroll through the feed a few posts.

The rules of the group say to keep the question to the smallest group possible to answer the question but I'm the one that feels bad because my frustration is showing when they keep asking simple questions. The company keeps us informed, so read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back