Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are just many people who used to post so frequently who are missing. I guess I'm feeling like a old-literotican or something. People leave, sometimes they let us know and sometimes they disappear without explanation. Where's Erika?? Others tell us they're leaving (Velvet Darkness, Eilan). Sometimes we lose them forever (Quoll.....). This site is important to me, the people are real (well, some of them), and I have made some lasting friendships here (a couple that have led to IRL). Every day life leads to absences, and we all go incognito at times, but I still wonder if people are okay.

Ed, Baila - love you two!

I know what you mean. I should prolly put this in Nip's "Missing You" thread, but what the hell. In addition to those you listed, I also miss Cate and BG.

*blush*

love you too, J!
 
You know what they say, if you love someone, set them free, if they don't come back, hunt them down and stalk them!

. . . or something like that . . . :D:D
 
That's the risk we take developing internet only based friendships and relationships sadly. It's frustrating and difficult and natural to wonder/worry/care when people go AWOL.

But IRL relationships end, too.

I recently ended a friendship that endured for over 50 years. My oldest friends wife couldnt handle the relationship, and he's dependent on her for his income, so he goes along with what she wants, and she didnt want him seeing me when they come to town. I guess she imagines we're queer for each other. But we met in elementary school and formed a close bond that endured for a long time.

Others die or move away.
 
I'm highly skilled at stalking. :D

If you're hot it's not considered stalking. "Pursuing"

Just like sexual harassment. If you're hot, it's flirting. *ducks from the high heels being thrown my way*

"You look sexy when you're angry." (<----- just a bit of harassment as an example)
 
j quoth:
there are just many people who used to post so frequently who are missing. i guess i'm feeling like a old-literotican or something. people leave, sometimes they let us know and sometimes they disappear without explanation. where's erika?? others tell us they're leaving (velvet darkness, eilan). sometimes we lose them forever (quoll.....). this site is important to me, the people are real (well, some of them), and i have made some lasting friendships here (a couple that have led to IRL). every day life leads to absences, and we all go incognito at times, but i still wonder if people are okay.

ed, baila - love you two!
you know i have nothing but love for you two. :>

hey, i should email bg. think i should send her a fish? :D

rainshine quoth:
that's the risk we take developing internet only based friendships and relationships sadly. it's frustrating and difficult and natural to wonder/worry/care when people go AWOL.
that's true of course: i've been involved in online discussions for 2 decades now. i've made several friendships here and elsewhere that have transcended the ephemera of forums too.

but it doesn't make it suck any less.

ed
 
Every time I see this word I automatically see it like this - Litigiou$

Hahaha. I will see no money from this and that is fine. The unethical "professional" however, may have his license temporarily pulled and have to pay a small fine. Just a small slap on tbe wrist, but maybe enough to make him stop and think the next time he thinks he's being slick.


Also, enjoy your concert! I saw a clip the other day where he let a kid up on stage to sing...*****bably the most amazing moment of the kid's life!
 
Last edited:
When Giada De Laurentiis talks around a big mouthful of food that she just finished shoveling into her gaping maw, it makes me want to kick her in the shin.
 
eh, it doesn't bother me so much with giada. i do however keep wondering when her man hands are gonna spread to the rest of her body.

ed
 
I want one of those computers I see on silly US crime television shows - the ones with the clunky user interfaces that make all those crazy cricket beeping sounds when they are processing. I could then break into a business in the dead of night to transfer files with security guards just around the corner - and build my own suspense with a beeping stupid computer. Actually I just change channels.

Wish I had posted this in the main How To... you know.. just to say look at me look at me - then I thought "na, that would be as pointless as this post".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top