The Nail Thread

MeekMe

Literotica Guru
This is all about nails. :) Nail polish, manicures, nail art tutorials, have at it.

I said I was interested in opening a thread like this, so I took a picture to start it.

Lie-Lac

Perfect timing!

I have just painted my nails with a shade called 'Queen of Tarts' :rolleyes:

But my nails don't seem to like being painted. A few of them the ends are sort of flaking off the top layer, if that makes sense. Help!

Perfect timing!

I have just painted my nails with a shade called 'Queen of Tarts' :rolleyes:

But my nails don't seem to like being painted. A few of them the ends are sort of flaking off the top layer, if that makes sense. Help!

I love nail polish names, the puns get me every time. :)

What do you mean by flaking? The nail is flaking or the polish?

I just bought a 5# box of twisty nails to repair our wood fence. I don't have a picture but they are 3" long and twisted like a screw.
They are a dull grey color.

I just bought a 5# box of twisty nails to repair our wood fence. I don't have a picture but they are 3" long and twisted like a screw.
They are a dull grey color.

I thought this would be about nails rather than finger nails.

I remember wincing with each tap of the peinhammher while a guy with his scrotum pulled through a hole in some chipboard had his ball sack nearly nailed in place with some small nails

Self crucifixion is impossible you just can't get the last nail in.

Bringing it back - I used to wear red all the time - OPI names are the best! Either Affair in Red Square or I Am Not a Waitress...

Pictures aren't the greatest (and a little older) but it was always red!! Now, I just have natural, bitten to the quick nails :( Painted toes, though!!

jhCEzCz.jpg

5P5Mjji.jpg

This is all about nails. :) Nail polish, manicures, nail art tutorials, have at it.

I said I was interested in opening a thread like this, so I took a picture to start it.

Lie-Lac

Pretty! Reminds me a bit of Far's AV and profile pic nails!

Pretty! Reminds me a bit of Far's AV and profile pic nails!

Thanks. :) I've been gravitating towards violet lately. The reds are pretty. Bright red always makes me feel a bit... Hm, embarrassed? I really don't know why. Darker reds like the one in your second picture are really nice. (^_^)Far will probably be along sometime. :D

Thanks. :) I've been gravitating towards violet lately. The reds are pretty. Bright red always makes me feel a bit... Hm, embarrassed? I really don't know why. Darker reds like the one in your second picture are really nice. (^_^)Far will probably be along sometime. :D

Omg me too and I have no idea why. I don't paint my nails much, but I'll def admire everyone else's 😏

The nails :eek:

Oh my, that's not fun. Is it all your nails or just a couple? Sometimes the nail becomes dry or they peel from outside trauma. I can't really give you any advice if it's related to an internal factor like vitamin deficiency (which you could look into with a professional if you suspect this). If it's external like using your nails to open things or washing dishes in hot water, I would think relax on those activities and get a good pair of gloves for the dishes. Hot water will dry them out. I also like to give my nails resting days, so when I take my polish off I give them a day or two unpolished before I put something new on. While my nails are unpolished I like to rub them with an oil like castor oil (super sticky but it leaves them in good shape).

:) Perhaps someone else has more info to add or a helpful tip?

Omg me too and I have no idea why. I don't paint my nails much, but I'll def admire everyone else's 😏

:) Admirers are welcomed. The red thing, I paint them thinking I'll totally rock it this time and then I keep looking at them and I lose all confidence in it. :eek:

Thank you MeekMe, all good advice. :rose:

I suspect washing dishes is part of it. Having rest days for the nails is a good idea. I do have some nail oil, but could be better at remembering to use it!

Seela, your nails have a nice shape (sounds weird maybe?). :) It's completely fitting that you would be holding a mushroom. (^。^)

Seela, your nails have a nice shape (sounds weird maybe?). :) It's completely fitting that you would be holding a mushroom. (^。^)

Thanks. :) I like the shape of my nails, save for index fingers. They have odd issues.

I wouldn't post anything sans mushrooms. :p

I am a girl that never wears nail polish on my hands...I have busy hands that I expect to do a lot of work. In the garden. Around the house. As a health care worker. As a fiber artist. As a musician. So my fingernails are always short and clean (after working) and tidy. Never bitten. Well trimmed. Utilitarian.

However...my toenails...these are always some shade of purple. I have over a dozen different colors, some with sparkles. Makes me super happy. They are always well maintained...and I do them myself ~ don't trust anyone else.

I may get brave enough to post a pic. We'll see.

Kisses.
Happy fingernails and toenails. :heart:

Back