The Healthy Obsession.

I think lit should be like Twitter. Only so many characters. I lose patience with paragraphs.
 
I think lit should be like Twitter. Only so many characters. I lose patience with paragraphs.

It won't stop me. Back when twitter had a character limit I just made multiple posts.

I am an unstoppable force of boring nonsense. I'm gonna make a great old fuck. I'm already honing my skills to tell long stories that don't go anywhere or have any kind of point.
 
Is this not, simply put, the thrill of the chase? The anticipation before the main event?



How on earth did you get from that to conswnt? You need consent to think about a woman? I have never once, to my knowledge anyway, asked consent to fantasise about the people I have fantasied about.

He is parroting what he has been I docrinated with. They're actually teaching crap like that to kids these days. The are basically neovictorians.

Millennials are having less sex than any previous generation I figure in another couple of generations of this the human species is going to go extinct.

Don't even try to discuss with them the basics of seduction.
 
Is this not, simply put, the thrill of the chase? The anticipation before the main event?



How on earth did you get from that to conswnt? You need consent to think about a woman? I have never once, to my knowledge anyway, asked consent to fantasise about the people I have fantasied about.

I didn't? That's why I quoted the second poster I was talking to who said that you weren't supposed to get consent to have sex.

You can think about anyone you want, but if you're gonna fuck them, ask first. That's not an extreme idea.
 
He is parroting what he has been I docrinated with. They're actually teaching crap like that to kids these days. The are basically neovictorians.

Millennials are having less sex than any previous generation I figure in another couple of generations of this the human species is going to go extinct.

Don't even try to discuss with them the basics of seduction.

I actually looked this up because it shocked me, and it's true. Apparently the difference is because teenagers are just not fucking AT ALL and it's dragging our overall average down and frankly... I'm as confused as you are. Especially given what a slut I am.

But like people under the age of 19 are reporting that they had no sex- like 0 in the previous year?? Like... what the fuck?? Yhall are in college. You are at your prime!! I'm not that much older than you and this is weird to me.

More power to them, I guess. It's none of my business but I wanted to confirm that I thought you were lying, but you're not.

I mean, the good news is unwanted pregnancies is down 57% according to the article I'm reading, so like... that's good with overpopulation being a thing.

Idk why a lot of these articles are worried about this? Like why is there a "KIDS AREN'T FUCKING" panic. Like... yhall told us not to. For 12 years we had to take classes about abstinence and now yhall are all, "WHY AREN'T YOU FUCKING!?"

First of all, I am, but second of all, I get why other people aren't. Like I really am noticing that yhall make sex a big deal and I just... literally cannot comprehend why it's any more important than any other fun activity, so there's no reason to prioritize it. I think there is a cultural disconnect in that sense.

But this is shocking information to me. I guess we're not fucking. I mean, I've even slowed down. Who the fuck has the time?

Oh well.
 
Part of it is sheer volume, it seems like you can't make a single post without parroting some idiotic tripe that you were indoctrinated with. We do not have an overpopulation problem at least not in this country. We have a an excessive migration of unskilled workers with nothing for them to do problem, but we have an under population problem. We're getting pretty close to zero population growth. You can't run a Ponzi scheme like Social Security with zero population growth.

Last time I looked at it it took was up to 2.2 American workers to pay for each social security recipient. Look at your Social Security withholdings double it add 20% more and tell me if you can live on that.
 
How on earth did you get from that to conswnt? You need consent to think about a woman? I have never once, to my knowledge anyway, asked consent to fantasise about the people I have fantasied about.

For fuck sake, how on earth did you think he was writing about needing consent to think about a woman? He quoted and was responding to this post. He’s right. It’s fucking surreal to read women not understanding the need for consent. It’s not surprising to see Wordsworth Que not getting it.


CandiCame, you live in such a strange world.

In the world I know that one question: "do you wanna have sex?" can't be asked. If you do indeed ask that in too uncertain terms, you are automatically labeled rude asshole, and the answer is automatically "NO!" regardless of what the actual value could have been before you asked. No, you can't ask that question. Not right away anyway. Can you really ask that to a stranger without getting your face beat? I can't believe that, just can't.

Getting answer to that question without ever asking directly is a delicate game for two. It's called courtship. It's called romance. It can be played for a long time, sometimes years. It's that stuff the poetry is written about, the classic plays, tons and tons of novels and all kinds of shit.

But you're right in one, yes people get awfully invested in that game. And then, when you finally feel safe to ask that actual question, because you think you have won the courtship game and very expect the answer to be a joyful "yes," then an actual and firm "no" may straight out not being believed, or contain suicide of the asker as an option.
 
Old people your whole fucking life: DON'T PUT YOUR DICK INSIDE ANYONE! YOU'LL GET THEM PREGNANT AND IT'LL RUIN YOUR LIFE! THAT'S HOW THEY TRAP YOU! YOU'LL GET AIDS AND OTHER STIS AND YOUR DICK'LL ROT OFF! JESUS WILL HATE YOU! AND IF I /EVER/ CATCH WIND THAT YOU LET A DICK INSIDE OF YOU I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU AND NO ONE WILL EVEN BE PISSED ABOUT IT!

Old people now, for some reason: Hey why ain't yhall fuckin?
 
Part of it is sheer volume, it seems like you can't make a single post without parroting some idiotic tripe that you were indoctrinated with. We do not have an overpopulation problem at least not in this country. We have a an excessive migration of unskilled workers with nothing for them to do problem, but we have an under population problem. We're getting pretty close to zero population growth. You can't run a Ponzi scheme like Social Security with zero population growth.

Last time I looked at it it took was up to 2.2 American workers to pay for each social security recipient. Look at your Social Security withholdings double it add 20% more and tell me if you can live on that.

Both these things can't be true. Because math.
 
Wait a bit. I'm non-English so I'm kind of used to be misunderstood, but right now I'm confused a bit it's going so far out of hand.

I never claimed you don't need consent to have sex.

CandiCame got it right here:
Yhall are talking about the time between, "Do you wanna go get something to eat?" to "Do you wanna have sex?"

That post was what I accept as correct and extended answer to my post as well.

But then this:
Dude, it's called rape. If you fuck someone without getting explicit consent you... yeah, we have a word for that.

In a romantic relationship you still ask people if they wanna fuck before you fuck them. Like... this is actually freaking me out pretty bad that you think courtship and romance don't involve getting consent.

Is a gross misunderstanding.

What I'm talking about, in culture I grew up, you are not supposed to start with that question. On what we mostly agreed, one has to at least ask "Do you wanna go get something to eat?" first. What I was saying, it's not supposed to ask "Do you wanna have sex?" unless and until you're fairly sure the answer should be positive. And getting there is the fun the original poster was talking about, or at least how I understood him.
 
Wait a bit. I'm non-English so I'm kind of used to be misunderstood, but right now I'm confused a bit it's going so far out of hand.

I never claimed you don't need consent to have sex.

CandiCame got it right here:


That post was what I accept as correct and extended answer to my post as well.

But then this:


Is a gross misunderstanding.

What I'm talking about, in culture I grew up, you are not supposed to start with that question. On what we mostly agreed, one has to at least ask "Do you wanna go get something to eat?" first. What I was saying, it's not supposed to ask "Do you wanna have sex?" unless and until you're fairly sure the answer should be positive. And getting there is the fun the original poster was talking about, or at least how I understood him.

Oh, yeah, as long as you ask before you actually have sex then we're golden. I'm just saying don't fuck without explicit permission because... that's super creepy and rapey and whatnot.

Having said that I just don't really like that time period, and I don't drag it out for years and years and don't really understand why anyone would. Like it's fine. There's nothing wrong with dating without sex, I just personally haven't done it.

And in my world there really are situations where you can just walk up to people and more or less lead with, "So we've had the minimum required conversation and I noticed you wanted to fuck so like, I know a place we can do that if you want to."

Like I've been to parties that were specifically set up for that situation. You have to know your environment. Like yeah, at work you feel the waters out first- but still like... for a day. I'm really not feeling this 'several weeks to a year' thing for a bunch of reasons- but if you're in a situation like a party or a gathering or music festival or any number of situations where it's socially acceptable to ask for casual sex then you can just do that. Like you acting like that's not a thing is confusing to me.

Like if I'm in the comfort of my own home and I wanna fuck a stranger- and I've been there, many times, I am allowed to just do that if we both want to. There's no reason not to do that or to drag it out. It's just two different mindsets, and as long as there IS explicit consent, then I don't want to shame anyone for picking one over the other, I just don't understand the appeal of the long, drawn out one.

And I also think the rejection would hurt more because it seems like you're kind of committing before the commitment. And to me, that seems like setting yourself up for disappointment.

Apparently my whole generation is doing it and I'm the odd one out which is fine.

But the other thing is like... if we're talking about romance rather than sex, like you have a crush on a girl at work- I still genuinely don't understand why you're getting emotionally invested for like, weeks, without telling her. Like the, "Hey we've got chemistry wanna go get a cup of coffee" thing is like... why is it not instant? Because with me it's instant. There's no extra time there. It doesn't even have to be a date, you fucking work together. It would take NOTHING to be like, "Hey I was gonna go get lunch, you wanna go?" Like on the first day. You can just do that. I still don't understand why there's a time period between "finding out I have a crush on this person" and "acting on that crush". Like I get that some people don't get that close that fast, but this is a set up where he's worked with this chick for weeks and like- put the sex away. Put it in a closet and close the door. He's not asked her out yet. And he enjoys just... sitting there jacking off?

Like, you know that we're in a dick surplus, right? Like, she has a vast array of dick options. Everyone who wants some dick can get it, and women can get it just by EXISTING. Women who do not want dick are constantly offered dick. So if you have not entered the pool of dick potential, in an already over-saturated market, you know what's gonna happen? Somebody like me, who does act instantly is gonna come alone while you're sitting on your laurels, probably several times a day, and she's not even gonna know that your dick is an available option, and chances are pretty high that eventually she's gonna go with one that was offered. BECAUSE it was offered. It was on the market. And she knew that.

Like, she's not gonna be fucking psychic. So I don't get why there's sitting around doing nothing for weeks at a time. It just seems to me that that's gonna result in 1: her not knowing you even want her and just picking one of the many, many other options available to her and 2: you getting way more emotionally invested than you need to be, and according to the person I'm quoting maybe getting so invested that you'll kill yourself over it? Over unrequited love that you didn't even act on??

Like I feel like you don't get to do that because it's your fault?? The whole mindset is just buckwild to me.
 
Both these things can't be true. Because math.

How are unskilled workers with no likely possibility of gainful employment (70% of whom are on public assistance) going to contribute to Social Insecurity?
 
How are unskilled workers with no likely possibility of gainful employment (70% of whom are on public assistance) going to contribute to Social Insecurity?

As opposed to babies?

I'm saying that population growth is increased by immigration. We can't have a low population AND high immigration unless we're dying and a MAJOR rate. And we're not. We live decently in terms of sheer time in the states.

Also, Que, you really can't just keep saying shit. This is another "citation please" instance.
 
Back
Top