Talia's campus fun (closed)

He handed her the two bowls of soup and the two salads, thank you, but I will wait for her

Truer words were never spoken, he would always wait for her, somehow take care of her, she was the one

The nurse just smiled, "I know you will son....it is hard to love someone that much isn't it...and to watch them deal with something like this...just be strong and keep doing what you are doing...she knows"

He smiled at the older nurse, her words were quite comforting. And then he slid up into bed next to Talia and held her, and even in a semi drugged state, she curled into his arms and chest with s soft whimper

The next day the psychiatrist came in and talked to her and the Dr examined her again and agreed she could return home. With the clear understanding of everyone No Stress at all. The psychiatrist had even Skyped the meeting with the Dean who asked them to wait a moment and seemed.to demand Megan sit in wether she liked it or not. Talia asked Megan if she or the dean had seen her phone she could not find it that morning

Megan was silent, but the Dean spoke up, "Megan, didn't you give her back the phone"

When Talia was thrown down during the attack her purse had gone to the ground and her phone had skidded out, almost 8 feet away

Megan had picked it up, and had tried her best to get pass the password to no avail, she had wanted to see if her fiance had ever interacted with the dancer that had the entire campus talking

"Oh yes, in all the commotion I forgot, I have it for you, I think it is still in my purse"

Rick wondered what she might have seen, but it had been quite a while since they had any interaction, he cut Megan off, "I will come pick it up this afternoon and bring it back with me"

"Back? You don't mean that you are going to stilll..."

The Dean cut her off, "of course he is, and this is not the intent, remember, no stress, we are ALL here to help you Talia with whatever you need...Rick thank you so much for doing this..."

She nodded to the dean.

Thank you all.

She tried to smile to Megan.

Thank you for keeping it for me. Yes air Dean I was supposed to have a lab for archeology class monday...

The Dean was very aware of her schedule, and had made arrangements

I have spoken to each of your professors...all are prepared to give you an independent study project for the remainder of your grade

But for right now, we don't want you to worry about any of that, once you feel good enough to read and do some research, they will work with you to figure out the right direction

All anyone cares about is you getting back to full health

They heard a huff, and a click, Megan had hung up..."I'm sorry...don't concern yourself with my daughter, she does not reflect my feelings at all"

Thank you sir. I know that some will not like me simply due to my looks dance style and whatever other reason. I am used to it.

She shrugged

It's not that they don't like you Talia, it is that they are jealous

I have to say, if I were younger...well

He laughed, he meant it as a compliment and was suddenly afraid how it might have come across

Of course, I am teasing...but you are very talented, and you represent our university well

Take care of our girl here Rick

Rick realized the irony of the request

Of course I will Sir, it is my honor to help

Once the call had ended she looked to Rick and smiled the swelling starting to leave her eyes replaced with bruising but she could still see a little better.

I want to go home

Yes, it’s time

The hospital insisted on wheeling her to the car

But back in her car, him driving and there, protective

She seemed a bit happier, but he wondered what she was thinking

When they got home she seemed the happiest. She was safe he was there she knew nothing could get her here. Except the phone call she had to make. Walking to the phone in what had been her sisters room now her study she picked up the phone and placed the call she had been dreading. Her expression so king more when her grandmother answered the phone and she began to speak to her in Greek. She asked her to place it on speaker phone once she had confirmed that it was just her and grandfather and her parents at the house. She explained to them everything and how wonderful the dean had been holding a hand out to him when she got to the part about him crashing on her couch at the dean's request and feeling safe and not wanting them to worry about her. Finally hanging up she looked to him and smiled.

Well that's done. They are happy you are here and will be calling the dean to thank him as well for your presence here and taking such good care of me.

She smiled to him wanting to be close but knowing she still had some healing and not knowing how her mind would react to any intimacy just yet.

He could not understand much of the conversation, but the tone was friendly, clearly concerned, but compassionate and nurturing

It was nice to see first hand the respect and relationship, particularly with the grandparents. A European respect for the wisdom of elders

She saw the look in her eye, the need and trepidation

Talia, I am here in whatever capacity you need...bodyguard, chauffeur, friend, and confidant or lover

And I want to be here, but we will do, whatever we do at least our speed. Do not feel bad or obligated. I just love holding you, and being here to keep you safe. I am not sure I will ever forgive myself for not being there before

Reaching out to him again she smiled.

Just come here

She moved to the couch.

Papous... grandfather told me to keep you with me as long as I want and he will deal with the dean or the board if they take issue with it. But I cannot prevent you from teaching once I go back to class

He put his arms around her and held her close

I think I am a big fan of Papous, but I don't think the Dean needs any convincing

He knew his daughter was a different story, but her father would keep that in check

And for the first time since he had known her, he could spend time, even be seen out with Talia and no one would think it odd

Let's just take it one day at a time...the Dean is actually standing in for me...my lectures note are already written...so don't worry

Her head was resting against his chest, his hands clasped around her, resting on her bottom, almost like they were slow dancing, but they were just enjoying being alone together

Is there anything you would like to do, maybe a little walk outside?

Papous is Greek for grandfather.

She laughed a little but shook her head no at going outside.

I like it right here with you for now.

She moved a little to kiss hos cheek

He shut his eyes for a second and enjoyed her soft lips on his cheek, each little move toward intimacy he knew was a step toward healing

They sat down on the couch together and he wrapped his arms around her

I won't push you to do anything inside or outside, but at some point a walk or just some sun might feel good, but it is completely your call

He just held her, wrapping her up, letting her feel his strength and security

I still like Papous, I hope he would like me too

She nodded and curled up feeling safe enough to fall asleep again. They said she would sleep alot to begin with not that the sleep would be peaceful or nightmare free just that sleep would allow her to process more at a better less restricted rate.

He just let her sleep on his lap, comforting her whenever he could when she stirred

He also wrote up lecture with notes and assignments for the next three weeks

He would grade papers, make the tests, and hand the Dean a cookie cutter solution for lectures

And most importantly, stay with her non stop

She woke once leaping back her mind letting another body near her seep into the nightmare as she was shaking balled up on the far end of the couch.

Noooo....

She almost catapulted out of his arms, he was still awake working, but he saw the pure terror in her eyes, she wasn't with him right now, she was back with that animal

He spoke softly, little more than a whisper, but confidently, trying to bring her back, take the terror away

Shhhh, Talia, it's Rick, you are safe, here with me at home. He is gone and will not hurt you, no one will hurt you...can I come over there?

She recoiled more shaking crying.

Rick...

He slid toward her, heard her call him, but didn't want to frighten her

Yes Talia, I'm here, your safe

He tentatively reached out with his hand, touching her knee as she was all curled up

Hoping this wouldn't frighten her further

She was trying to calm trying to see her own home around her and him there with her.

Rick

She felt his touch and was shaking a little but did not recoil any more

He moved tentatively, a smile always on his face

I am moving closer

He slid up beside her and slowly, very slowly, hugged her

You are going to have some bad dreams, but I am here

He gently pulled her into him

She balled up against him.

I hate this... Feeling like this...

She buried her cheek to his chest and listened to his heart beat wanting to hug him but couldn't make her body show affection yet.

He felt her curl in, but not be able to return his hug, he hadn't expected her to

I know you do my love

But we have lots of time, you need to let your body and mind heal, and just do what comes naturally

He had stolen something very special about her, that passion and fire were no where to be seen

They would come back, or he hoped they would, but would she ever be quite that same, free spirit again, the one who he had spent that weekend with...he could only hope so, but he was far from confident

Back