What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most occurred in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Does this mean IslandMunch was all fucked up. like Hogan's Goat?????

IslandNIGGERman is more annoyed at

BBII using the NIGGER word...................not giving a shit when HIS side does it all the time............then he is about the destruction of his. Cuntry

But hey..........Chrysler is hiring twlelve hundred...........
 
Serves them right. Unions are predatory in nature always using coercion to get something for nothing. They always bring about the eventual destruction of business enterprises they prey on.

UPS heavily utilizes union labor. $3.9 billion in profit last year with expectations exceeding $4.5 billion in 2012. On what date will union labor destroy them? Pick a 5-year window.
 
Hostess has been bleeding cash for like ten years and is in bankruptcy. They were closing plants anyway. They closed plant before this and they're going to close more as time goes on.
 
Bleeding cash into an ever increasingly more expensive less productive work force.:rolleyes:

They sell Twinkies and Wonderbread which are about 25 years past their peak popularity. Between wage cuts and benefit cuts, Hostess wanted to cut compensation by 27 to 32 percent. Understandably the union rejected that.

What would you do if you were a Hostess employee (union or otherwise) and one day the boss said you were losing a third of what you make? Would you quit? Say no problem?
 
It might take a while, but it will happen. They are predatory in nature....like Democrats.

When will it happen though? Because UPS has been unionized for like 80 years and they keep growing and increasing their profit. If the five year window I gave you is too narrow, how about a 10 year one?
 
They sell Twinkies and Wonderbread which are about 25 years past their peak popularity. Between wage cuts and benefit cuts, Hostess wanted to cut compensation by 27 to 32 percent. Understandably the union rejected that.

What would you do if you were a Hostess employee (union or otherwise) and one day the boss said you were losing a third of what you make? Would you quit? Say no problem?

27% is better than 100%


BTW, you DIDNT show me WHAT CEO said what you said he said
 
I knew it. All this bitching about companies laying people off over Obamacare is evaporating even faster than I thought it would. What what kind of CEO tells his 16,000 employees that they're "maybe" having their work hours docked 25% and benefits cut, and then says oh I was just kidding? The uproar in his company must have been tremendous. What a turd.

show me:cool:
 
I disagree. I think they'll either modify this provision to link it to profitability or repeal it altogether. Democratic legislators have been talking about it for a little while and Senator-elect Warren is planning on pushing the issue.

It is not likely to be repealed for reasons I outlined......not to mention, the $$$ lost from that tax will further widen the gap between what Obamacare costs and what it brings in


Further, in the unlikely event it is repealed

It is too LITTLE and too LATE


Too little, because that provision is but one of about a dozen plus job killing measures, a repeal of one is meaningless

and

Too late, cause companies are DOWNSIZING now as a result of that tax, assuming it does get repealed companies wont rehire ALL those they have laid off......merely a fraction of the laid off workers, maybe............why?

1-Cause once they have learned to make do with less, they will have no reason to re-hire

2-They realize that the tax could just as easily be reactivated when needed and the merry go round starts again

3-If they do re-hire, they will rehire a fraction of the laid off, and they will rehire younger workers who will be paid LESS
 
They were warned, THEY KNEW!

They sell Twinkies and Wonderbread which are about 25 years past their peak popularity. Between wage cuts and benefit cuts, Hostess wanted to cut compensation by 27 to 32 percent. Understandably the union rejected that.

What would you do if you were a Hostess employee (union or otherwise) and one day the boss said you were losing a third of what you make? Would you quit? Say no problem?

The UNION WON!


Good for them!

YIPEE

Now go back to your WIVES and HUSBANDS and KIDS and say

WE ARE GONNA CELEBRATE......WE WON!


Twinkies, Ding Dongs Maker Hostess Liquidates Following Failure To Resolve Labor Union Animosity





Hostess Brands, the company better known as the maker of Butternut, Ding Dongs, Dolly Madison, Drake's, Home Pride, Ho Hos, Hostess, Merita, Nature's Pride, and of course Wonder Bread and Twinkies, and which previously survived one multi-year Chapter 11 bankruptcy process, when it operated as Interstate Bakeries, has just made a splash at the NY Southern Bankruptcy court, for the last time, with a liquidation filing. The reason: insurmountable (and unfundable) difference in the firm's collective bargaining agreements and pension obligations, which resulted in a crippling strike that basically shut down the company. In other words, Twinkies may well survive the nuclear apocalypse, but there was one weakest link: the company making them, was unable to survive empowered labor unions who thought they had all the negotiating leverage... until the led their bankrupt employer right off liquidation cliff. Will attention now turn to that another broke government entity, the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp (PBGC), which will have to step in to resuscitate some 18,000 pension plans which suddenly vaporized after labor unions took their "negotiating" freedom a step too far.

From the filing:






Beginning on October 21, 2012, the Debtors began implementing the modifications to the CBAs. On November 7, 2012, the Debtors began to receive strike notices from various local unions affiliated with the BCT. On November 8, 2012, the Debtors received a strike notice from the IUOE. Between November 9 and November 13, 2012, various local unions affiliated with the BCT commenced strikes at 12 of the Debtors' bakeries. At another 12 bakeries, picket lines were set up by striking BCT workers, and certain BCT and other unionized workers at those bakeries chose to honor the picket lines by not reporting for work. As a result, production was significantly disrupted at the 24 bakeries impacted by the Strikes; however, many of the impacted bakeries remained operational to varying degrees due to management filling in for production workers and, in some plants, high numbers of employees crossing picket lines.


Since the strikes (the "Strikes") were commenced, the Debtors have urged striking employees to return to work. Unfortunately, at this time, thousands of the Debtors' employees continue to participate in or honor the Strikes. As a result, a sufficient number of the Debtors' baking facilities have become inoperable, and the Debtors are no longer able to fulfill customer orders or sell product at their retail stores. Because of the material impairment of the Debtors' business operations, the Debtors will soon lose access to the funding necessary to operate their businesses, and the Debtors will have triggered certain remedial provisions of the final DIP Order. As a result, the Debtors are beginning to take steps to wind down their business operations, including the relief requested in this Motion.

In other words, the labor unions representing 18,000 workers fought the company, and the unions won... A very pyrrhic victory. Sadly, they are all now out of a job as the unionized victory just happened to lead to the terminal winddown of their employer
 
They sell Twinkies and Wonderbread which are about 25 years past their peak popularity. Between wage cuts and benefit cuts, Hostess wanted to cut compensation by 27 to 32 percent. Understandably the union rejected that.

What would you do if you were a Hostess employee (union or otherwise) and one day the boss said you were losing a third of what you make? Would you quit? Say no problem?

You know

This post shows yet again what a cretin you are

Instead of realizing the obvious, that the UNIONS IN EFFECT EXECUTED EVERY ONE OF ITS MEMBERS

You attack the companies products! And absolve the UNIONS

and

BTW, if the products were truly outdated and no one wanted em, the UNIONS should have known that......and a strike was even less called for

:rolleyes:
 
THE HILL:House Dem leaders avoid specifying tax rates for top earners.“They demand that the top rate be raised in the name of deficit reduction but they are avoiding being specific as to the precise level. Although President Obama and other top Democrats have vowed for two years to allow rates on the highest earners to jump back to Clinton-era levels at year’s end, and some Senate Democrats remain focused on that goal, House Democratic leaders now say the specific rate is less important than the effect of a larger budget package on the economy and revenue creation.” I wonder if they’re starting to hear from their wealthier blue-state constituents.:)
 
Meanwhile, most Republican-run states that swore they weren't going to participate in Obamacare are having a change of heart. Just like I said they would.

Ohio, Florida, Mississippi, Virginia, New Mexico, Iowa... They've all suddenly seen the light.

yes, of course

we all knew that

and we all know why they are doing that

either they participate or the Feds will impose it on em, they have no choice

they know, everyone knows

its a bad deal and will HURT the ECONOMY and HEALTHCARE as well

but they have no choice,

at least if they implement their own system, they have some control

BUT YOU KNOW THAT

AND YOUR POST WAS INTENDED TO MISLEAD, AS USUAL
 
The closing will result in Hostess’ nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide. The bakers’ union represents around 5,000.

Union of 5500, caused the job loses of 18,500

NOT TO MENTION THE RIPPLE EFFECT

:cool:


27-32% is better than 100%:cool:
 
You can always tell how deep a hole Dizzybooby has dug for himself by the number of consecutive posts made in a single thread in an attempt o shout down "the opposition".

Today it's turned up to eleven!

:cool:
 
They sell Twinkies and Wonderbread which are about 25 years past their peak popularity. Between wage cuts and benefit cuts, Hostess wanted to cut compensation by 27 to 32 percent. Understandably the union rejected that.

What would you do if you were a Hostess employee (union or otherwise) and one day the boss said you were losing a third of what you make? Would you quit? Say no problem?

After reading the backstory on Hostess, I'm convinced the company could not survive, period. Both the executives and the unions hold equal blame here. The Teamsters contract was a gold-plated 1960s era albatross (full pensions for life, zero employee contribution) and the executives promoted "shared sacrifice" while giving themselves 80% raises, golden parachutes, and hiring their relatives as consultants.
 
You can always tell how deep a hole Dizzybooby has dug for himself by the number of consecutive posts made in a single thread in an attempt o shout down "the opposition".

Today it's turned up to eleven!

:cool:

Wow, I've ignored eleven in a row, a new record!
 
The MKT is DOWN again

and

Guess what

IslandNIGGERman only cares that BUSYBODYII uses teh word.....NIGGER

Its NOT SANDY

Its fucking NIGGER CARE and BronkOH!bama nom icks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top