A New Justice League OOC

ToolmanTim

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Posts
701
Happily Ever After. It's a fairy tale. It simply isn't true. But for the Justice League, it's come as close to that as you can imagine. The world isn't at peace, but it is no longer a world threatened by supervillains and alien invasions.

Superman entered public life in the 1940's. The world needed him and ll the other costumed heroes. Finally, sixty years later, in 2000, Superman retired. In gratitude for his service the Guardians of the Universe rebuilt Krypton around the star Rao and returned the bottle city of Kandor to it's proper size. Superman and his entire family have moved to Krypton. After the death of his wife, Lois Lane, he no longer had a reason to stay on Earth, not with New Krypton waiting for him.

Bruce Wayne, the Batman, died peacefully in his bed at a very old age, having seen the end of the age of heroes. Dick Grayson died relatively young in his mid fifties, still fighting the good fight. Tim Drake and Barbara Gordon lived long enough to enjoy the fruit of their labors, a world without supervillains.

Wonder Woman returned to Themyscira, and considered a success in her mission to Man's world. She brought with her the means to finally give birth to another generation of immortal amazons, donated sperm.

The current Green Lantern of sector 2814 is not from Earth. Hal, John, Alan, Guy and Kyle have all passed on.

Barry Allen and Waly West have both been lost in the speed force. Bart Allen has returned to his own time.

The Martian Manhunter has been able to reestablish the Martian race on Mars.

Most of the villains have passed on as well. Joker was shot by a regular citizen during a bank robbery in Texas. Luthor died of radiation poisoning from overexposure to kryptonite. Darkseid was defeated and imprisoned in the Source wall.

All-in-all Earth was a world at relative peace. Until now. Metahumans are reappearing, both good and evil. The world needs heroes. It is time for a new Justice League!

----------------------------------

OOC: I'm looking toi see if there's interest in a new Justice League. Original characters or original takes on classic characters are welcome.

Let me know if you're interested.
 
Last edited:
Okay. Take some time and think about your take on her. The original Wonder Woman is retired, so you've got free reign in creating this generation's Wonder Woman.

Also, this is the OOC or Out Of Character thread. If there is enough interest I'll start an in character thread.
 
I'm leaning toward playing a new god of New Genesis. Son of Orion, his father had a few affairs on Earth during one of his many adventures here and my character is the result. New Genesis genes breed true and my character is slowly coming into his powers.

The new gods get more powerful with time. The Orion, Barda, Mr. Miracle and the forever people we're familiar with are a few hundred years old. High Father and Darkseid measured their lifespan in millenia.

My character is probably in his early twenties. He's somewhere near the strength level of Spider-man (Yeah, I know, wrong universe) He's developing different powers and abilities, all low level. When I make a final character bio I'll put together a definitive list.

Let me know what you think.
 
I'm interested in doing this as well. I'm a bit curious, are we just looking for like Superman 2.0 with a different name and background, as an example? Some clarification would help
 
I'm not looking for a new Superman, Batman, Flash, GL, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Black Canary and Wonder Woman. If that's what you want to do fine. Original characters that would fit into the feel of the DC Universe are excellent. Hopefully we'll get a good mix.

My character isn't a reincarnation of an old character. The son of Orion will have plenty of family issues down the road, but for now he thinks he's just a regular meta-human trying to be responsible with his powers.

The premise is that supervillains are starting to emerge and the regular police aren't ready to deal with them. Superheroes are needed to combat this new threat. This is designed to be very similar to my Marvel 2007 thread.

I want to make sure there's enough interest before I spend a lot of time building an entire world.
 
Well, I swapped characters to Blue Lantern. With no Green Lanterns from Earth right now it will make things interesting. Here's a bio:

Blue Lantern

Name: Thomas Doom
Age: 19
Description: Tom is a half european half asian male who keeps in decent shape. He stands at 5' 7" with short, straight black hair and dark brown eyes. He tends to dress in mono-color t-shirts with no logo and non-brand name jeans and an old baseball cap from his high school team. Tom favors sunglasses.

History: Tom's parents both worked in the world trade center and were diligently at their respective jobs on September 11th, 2001. Tom was six years old at the time. With no other family to take him in Tom was put into the orphanage system. He was always sure he was about to get a foster family, or adopted. Neither happened. But he kept up hope. He kept the spirit up for the rest of the kids there, when they weren't beating on him. Some of the kids in the system were like Tom, they lost their parents and had no where else to go. Most, however, were the kids of criminals, and they weren't nice. Whenever the social workers weren't around they liked to pick on and beat up the other kids.

Tom didn't put up with it for long. Telling the adults didn't help much, so he threw himself in the way, taking beatings for other kids and sticking his nose in other people's business. By the time he was twelve he had a reputation as a fighter, and a bad kid. He didn't let other people bully kids, and he didn't rat either. Despite his good grades Tom spent an inordinate amount of time in trouble at his school. He didn't let that get him down though, he knew he was doing the right thing, even if no one knew it.

The fighting kept him from getting academic scholarships. And on more then one occasion it got him benched from the various sports he played, keeping him from getting a sports scholarship.

So when Harvard, Yale and the rest of the Ivy League schools rejected him they made it clear that it was for his disciplinary record, not his grades. Tom even got rejected from State. So he was working his way through community college, trying to pay for an apartment and school by working two different minimum wage jobs. It didn't work out. Not because he wasn't willing to do the work, with a smile on his face, but because he couldn't make enough money. He was one semester in with a 4.0 and couldn't afford the second semester. So Tom got another job during the spring semester and started saving for the fall.

Then came the power ring. Tom was out behind McDonalds, taking out the trash when it flew in from the sky. There was a blue flash of lightning and Tom was transformed. Well, at least his clothes were. Suddenly he was in a black and blue costume complete with blue mask. Tom looked down. He was floating and surrounded by a blue aura.

That was the first time Tom didn't finish a shift. It wouldn't be the last. He became one of the new super heroes, putting himself in the line of fire to protect innocent lives.

Powers: As the Blue Lantern Tom can fly, doesn't need to eat or breathe, and has a protective aura making him effectively invulnerable. The ring is powered by hope, something that Tom has a near infinite supply of. However, unless he is in the presence of a Green Lantern he can't create light projections or use any of the other standard abilities of the power ring. When in the presence of a Green Lantern he gains all those abilities and more. The blue ring is powered by hope and the green ring is powered willpower, and together hope and willpower can accomplish anything. As a Blue Lantern Tom can also heal others, but only in the presence of a Green Lantern.
 
I'm possibly be on board with this. The time will be 2015 right? Is gender-bend canon character allowed? If so, I might revise the Batgirl Beyond to fit in this setting. Of course, Bruce would no longer be alive to mentor her. Though he still could have been her mentor since she was a child. As paranoid, untrusting and cautious as Bruce Wayne, I can see him secretly trained a prodige to take the rein in secret, just in case. Tara will be like a half canon, half original. Thought?
 
That sounds like it would work. Maybe even Bruce's biological grandchild? Wayne Enterprises could have bought out Kord industries and Steelworks.

There are options, and this is an underdeveloped world, so now's the time to lay the foundation. Be creative.
 
I wouldn't mind doing a Justice League RP. Any idea on when you plan on starting it?
 
Sorry to hear that Lotus. I've read your stuff. Girl, you are good!

Firey, I'll start when I have enough players. That vague enough for you? Right now I have zero and interest from 1.
 
FYI, I'm still planning on playing the Blue Lantern. So no green lanterns need apply just yet.
 
Back
Top