Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
must work . . . but so tired.

<unrelated>

warning: if you're too lazy to take your giant pile of hakurei turnip greens out to the compost and instead leave them on the counter overnight, you just might wake up to a counter full of mostly-dead aphids and scrounging earwigs.

must work . . . but so tired.

<unrelated>

warning: if you're too lazy to take your giant pile of hakurei turnip greens out to the compost and instead leave them on the counter overnight, you just might wake up to a counter full of mostly-dead aphids and scrounging earwigs.

lol. ewww. squick! Earwigs! Major fear!!!

<unrelated>

If only I knew where all my ducks were, I could set about rowing them.

To whoever's in charge: Please, please let this weekend go quickly. Let it be painless. Let it be something enjoyable.

I found a bunch of Hallmark cards from my ex girlfriend today. We were only together for eight out of nine months, and yet she found around seven opportunities to give me a card for something. Valentines, birthday, graduation, sick days, and stuff. One of them had a romantic coupons booklet of unused coupons that she never let me use... I don't think she liked me all that much.

To whoever's in charge: Please, please let this weekend go quickly. Let it be painless. Let it be something enjoyable.
Peace. :rose:

I don't think she liked me all that much.
Exes suck. But at least she cared enough to send Hallmark! ;)

<unrelated>

Could you possibly beg for more attention? I mean, I know that negative attention is better than none, but golly, you are an attention ho-bag.

<unrelated>

The new director is kinda hot-ish. Older. Funny. I can't decide if I'm attracted or not. Though, honestly, the one that charmed my heart I couldn't decide about either. :rolleyes:

(Insert string of swear words here.)

I have a frozen left shoulder. At least it wasn't a symptom of something more serious such as a heart attack or stroke.

I spoke to my Doctor daughter today. She told me to get it looked at now! I drove seven miles to the local minor injuries clinic. They told me that all they could do was to call an emergency ambulance to get me into casualty, but looking at me, and talking to me, they didn't think that was essential but I must see a doctor today, preferably now.

I drove back seven miles to my Surgery. The reception staff went into panic mode, trying to remember their first aid for heart attacks, but I told them I didn't feel that bad. But they arranged for a doctor to see me within five minutes.

He provisionally diagnosed frozen shoulder and gave me a prescription for painkillers and cream to rub on the affected part. He also asked me to go to our local hospital and get the shoulder X-rayed to rule out a fractured or dislocated shoulder even though he considered that unlikely.

I drove to our local hospital's outpatient clinic. My X-ray was taken within ten minutes. No sign of dislocation or fracture but the X-ray will be assessed in detail and a report sent to my doctor.

I rang my (private) physiotherapist. They gave me an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I rang daughter and told her the diagnosis. She warned me that the painkiller could cause constipation!

Time elapsed from telephoning daughter, then visiting three NHS facilities, and to arranging physiotherapy?

Two hours.

But I shouldn't be driving. If my car wasn't automatic, I couldn't have driven.

Estimated time to full recovery if it is a severe frozen shoulder? Three months to two years. :(

Well, that was an utterly dispiriting writer's group. It was that moment when you show someone your shiny new baby of a story and they say, "Eh, it's a story. The ears are a little big, and the nose is a bit mashed." Thought I had a thicker hide than that. Just wanted someone to love it the way I do, even if they have constructive criticisms for it.

Well, that was an utterly dispiriting writer's group. It was that moment when you show someone your shiny new baby of a story and they say, "Eh, it's a story. The ears are a little big, and the nose is a bit mashed." Thought I had a thicker hide than that. Just wanted someone to love it the way I do, even if they have constructive criticisms for it.

What the hell do they know? :rose: :kiss:

Don't let them get to you. We all know that you can write great stories. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back