Posting pics online - good/bad idea?

Shikalulu

Virgin
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and this is my first thread, so I hope I'm in the right place to be asking these kind of questions... I'm not sure if I'm officially in the 'BDSM Lifestyle' (some of you seem to be pretty specific about what that is) but I like to get dominated and slave role-play with my husband on a regular basis so I guess we're kind of into it. Anyway, he says that he wants to make me anonymously post pics of myself online or make me perform on cam for guys as a kind of punishment. This obviously wouldn't show my face or whatever, and I'm super turned on by the idea cos I find it kind of humiliating/degrading that he wants to show me off to pervy strangers who might wank over me. My only reservation is that I would somehow be identifiable as I have some tattoos that close friends could in theory recognise.. but what are the chances of that ever happening?? Then again you hear stories these days of stuff going viral online and it gets pretty fucked up if suddenly everyone knows your secret kinky sex life... I was just wondering what's everyone's opinions of this kind of thing? OBVIOUSLY I'm not going to do anything I'm genuinely not comfortable with, don't worry :) I was just wondering if other people think its a bad idea or if they've even done something like that themselves..

Just remember, anything you put online stays online forever. Even if it's deleted, it still exists somewhere within the ethers of the web-space. That said, lots of people do it anyway. If you are comfortable with it and want to do it and aren't worried about potential consequences, go for it. No identifying features (face shots, tattoos, ect) is a very good rule for this type of picture, though. Just in case.

As for the ink, unless you are covered in tattoos or have them in some very interesting places you can probably take pictures where they are not shown, using certain positions and camera angles and so on. Webcams may be a little more tricky, but if you aren't comfortable with it you can just focus on using the pictures where your tattoos aren't shown.

I personally think anyone that posts pics online is demoralizing themselves... I'm not very big on it obviously. I would not ask a sub to do this nor would I want them to. In fact, if they had all ready done it, I would have them take the pics down.

@game_master24 I guess that's just your personal feelings on the matter, but I know me and my husband are hardly alone in wanting to do it judging by the amount of similar stuff online.. Each to their own I suppose :)

@thelovingsadist, you're totally right, whatever you post online is there forever and that does make me concerned.. i guess I'd have to think long and hard about it and if I do actually do it, I could probably wear some kind of lingerie that would conceal the tattoos... thanks for the advice

I was not telling you not to do it you just asked for peoples opinions on the matter and I thought you'd might like to see my pov.

Alternatively, if you're talking about taking pictures and then posting them (as opposed to webcam, etc.), there are *lots* of programs that will allow you to blur or otherwise conceal tats, etc., that might make your pics identifiable to you.

But maybe that's too simple.

Alternatively, if you're talking about taking pictures and then posting them (as opposed to webcam, etc.), there are *lots* of programs that will allow you to blur or otherwise conceal tats, etc., that might make your pics identifiable to you.

That is simple, and a lot of people do it. But being into photography as I am, I hate how it often messes up the artistic value of the picture. So I try to look for other ways to capture the picture without capturing identifying features as well.

But my complex mind completely forgot about the simple blur it out thing. So thanks for mentioning it. ;)

If it goes online, then anyone can see it, so that's always something to think about, however if your face is not in the pic, what are the odds of being recognised????

Think of the millions of pics on the web, then the odds of someone you know seeing your pic, taking enough time to notice the tattoo, before moving onto the next pic. Then even noticing your tattoo, linking that to being you, then doing something about it.

The odds are very remote to the point where they are as close to improbable as they can be.

There are things that skew these odds, ie being famous, suddenly you are not looking at 100 - 200 people seeing your pic out of millions of pics, you are looking at millions of people looking at millions of pics. Also because those millions are strangers they are more likely to act on finding such a pic, ie to make money.

Basically if you have no intention of being famous then you will be pretty safe with your annoynimity, face pics though do increase the odds and I would not recommend them.

Whatever you're comfortable with. I don't show my face.

Tattoos and birthmarks can be masked (dermablend cover will cover anything, believe me, only stuff that will survive a nuclear blast!) and obviously your face can be cut out and it is likely a casual viewer would not know it was you.

Besides the obvious, that once posted it lives forever, the other issue here is who knows about the video and knows it is you in it. Part of the thrill of exhibitionism is in letting certain people know you have done it, and that could be a problem. An anonymous video with MarY Jo whoever is just that; but if the person who knows tells others 'hey, look at this video on xtube, it s Mary Joe Doe, that is different, then it becomes a tale of being outed. If it is just you and your husband, that may be okay, but what if the relationship goes sour, could he use those pictures against you? Could he say potentially that you did that with someone else and he was shocked to find it out? (I don't know your relationship, just playing devi's advocate here).......I realize this may all be overkill, but wanted to give you some things to think about. Chances are an anonymous video or picture, if there aren't identifying marks and such, or your voices clearly on there, won't do any harm, but it is wise to think of all the risks and then play it from there.

Besides the obvious, that once posted it lives forever, the other issue here is who knows about the video and knows it is you in it. Part of the thrill of exhibitionism is in letting certain people know you have done it, and that could be a problem.

:eek::eek::eek:
not a good thing to do with an office mate under any circumstances :eek:

:cool:

If you are comfortable with it, and he is comfortable with it, then experiment. I have very identifiable tattoos. They are not visible on my AmPic thread, and I do not show my face. I go so far as to blur out my jewelry sometimes.

I draw the line with any kind of video feed/webcam activity. I don't even record my voice on the "aural" threads because it is such a recognizable feature. I try to be cautious, but the fact is...the pics are there on the internet, and it's at my own risk.

In my opinion, I'd say DON'T DO IT!!!!!!
If nothing else happens, you could find your picture on some embarrassing web site. What would be embarrassing? That would be up to you and maybe your mother, or maybe your mother in law.

And, many employers don't like finding one of their employee's pictures on the Internet. Well, it depends on the circumstances, but unless you are pictured with a police officer or the mayor and receiving a medal for saving someone's life, finding an employee's picture on the web isn't a good thing.

You have to look at it from your employer's point of view. If you do something that reflects badly on them, it's not going to be good for you. Sure, you might consider what you do in your life out of work your own business, but in many states, an employer is able to fire you for no reason. Not all have this law, but these states are called "employment at will" states. That means they can fire you for no reason and no notice, but you can also quit for no reason and no notice. In other countries, you may have similar laws.

So, if they even think your web reputation is going to make them look bad, you could be gone. You might see it as very innocent, but like I said, you have to look at it from the employer's point of view. I've worked in security for many years and many of those companies don't allow facial hair or severely restrict how you wear it. Just like in the military, they have policies about how wide and long your mustache can be, as well as your sideburns. Beards are NOT allowed.

The same with tattoos and piercings. If you have a tattoo that shows with short sleeves, you must wear a long sleeve uniform all year long. This is for both male and females. And if you have piercings, they must be removed while on duty. Female officers are only allowed to wear small button ear rings while on duty and males are NOT allowed any facial jewelry at all.

Security isn't the only industry that requires a certain look for their employees. Many executives require a professional look in their employees, be they male or female. Your hair will more likely have to conform to the boss' vision for his executives and I don't think you're going to get hired if you have a lot of tattoos or piercings. Again, if you can cover them up, that's different. They can't hold it against you that you have these decorations, but they don't want them to be visible while you are working. This is just a fact of life.

Now, if you are back in some warehouse or stockroom, I don't think they are going to bother you about looks. And if you don't meet the public, there are companies that are more liberal than others when it comes to how their employees look and even dress. Business casual is starting to look more and more like just plain casual in some companies. Some employers understand they get a better employee when that employee is dressed in something comfortable.

But, because of social networking and how the Internet has made the world so much smaller, many companies are becoming conscious of how you look and how it might reflect on the company. And like someone has already mentioned...you can delete a picture, but it's already out there. And with programs like Photoshop, who knows what we could find you doing. Proving that picture of you with the donkey is fake is going to be very difficult. :eek:

Like Sir_Winston says, there are programs that you can use to blur faces and even remove tattoos, etc. I'm pretty good with Photoshop so if you would like, send these pictures to me and I will blur your face and remove any tats, etc.

No, I won't keep a copies for myself...honestly, I won't. I really won't. I'm not that way. Well, if I do, I won't share them with anybody else. Honest. Really I won't, really. You can trust me. :D

If nothing else happens, you could find your picture on some embarrassing web site. What would be embarrassing? That would be up to you and maybe your mother, or maybe your mother in law.

And, many employers don't like finding one of their employee's pictures on the Internet. Well, it depends on the circumstances, but unless you are pictured with a police officer or the mayor and receiving a medal for saving someone's life, finding an employee's picture on the web isn't a good thing.

You have to look at it from your employer's point of view. If you do something that reflects badly on them, it's not going to be good for you. Sure, you might consider what you do in your life out of work your own business, but in many states, an employer is able to fire you for no reason. Not all have this law, but these states are called "employment at will" states. That means they can fire you for no reason and no notice, but you can also quit for no reason and no notice. In other countries, you may have similar laws.

So, if they even think your web reputation is going to make them look bad, you could be gone. You might see it as very innocent, but like I said, you have to look at it from the employer's point of view. I've worked in security for many years and many of those companies don't allow facial hair or severely restrict how you wear it. Just like in the military, they have policies about how wide and long your mustache can be, as well as your sideburns. Beards are NOT allowed.

The same with tattoos and piercings. If you have a tattoo that shows with short sleeves, you must wear a long sleeve uniform all year long. This is for both male and females. And if you have piercings, they must be removed while on duty. Female officers are only allowed to wear small button ear rings while on duty and males are NOT allowed any facial jewelry at all.

Security isn't the only industry that requires a certain look for their employees. Many executives require a professional look in their employees, be they male or female. Your hair will more likely have to conform to the boss' vision for his executives and I don't think you're going to get hired if you have a lot of tattoos or piercings. Again, if you can cover them up, that's different. They can't hold it against you that you have these decorations, but they don't want them to be visible while you are working. This is just a fact of life.

Now, if you are back in some warehouse or stockroom, I don't think they are going to bother you about looks. And if you don't meet the public, there are companies that are more liberal than others when it comes to how their employees look and even dress. Business casual is starting to look more and more like just plain casual in some companies. Some employers understand they get a better employee when that employee is dressed in something comfortable.

But, because of social networking and how the Internet has made the world so much smaller, many companies are becoming conscious of how you look and how it might reflect on the company. And like someone has already mentioned...you can delete a picture, but it's already out there. And with programs like Photoshop, who knows what we could find you doing. Proving that picture of you with the donkey is fake is going to be very difficult. :eek:

This.

This is why I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about some corporate motherfucker nosing all up in my business. I like living in a world that rewards me based on how well I do my job, rather than how good I can make some lazy, shithead boss look.

Bad idea.

I get the humiliation factor. Ummmm - not really punishment if you're turned on so much? Probably beside the point. Pervy fun, yes. Smart idea? No.

You just never ever ever know all of the factors that might play out. You can't even imagine how you might be discovered. You never think you will.

Just remember, if you cam with someone, he/she can save it and put it anywhere. If you send someone a picture, he/she has it and can put it out there, anywhere.

I had someone's wife find a headless pic of me (hot!) but it was attached to a screen name you could google and find an online profile of the online me. Although she didn't find the real me, it felt really weird and a little scary.

Or be like me, and just don't give a flying fuck.

There are naked pictures of me on the internet (in my sig even). I don't care.

I have sent explicit pictures to people. I don't care.

If something happens, I will deal with the consequences as they arise. I'm not interested in a land of what-ifs...sure, somebody I work with could find them. But I really don't care, so...life goes on.

If it goes online, then anyone can see it, so that's always something to think about, however if your face is not in the pic, what are the odds of being recognised????

Think of the millions of pics on the web, then the odds of someone you know seeing your pic, taking enough time to notice the tattoo, before moving onto the next pic. Then even noticing your tattoo, linking that to being you, then doing something about it.

You're not likely to be caught accidentally; it's a big internet.

But that's not much protection against a computer search. Smart image-matching software is getting better all the time; in the near future, it's quite possible that somebody will be able to search the net for "photos matching this tattoo".

Here's an interesting article on a related subject: http://www.zdnet.com/porn-companies...nology-encourage-instagram-photos-7000007631/

Two porn companies are courting web surfers to upload photos they find online to the companies' free facial-recognition, face-matching database services... anyone can upload an image and have the services match it with images and faces in image databases.

SexFaceFinder positions its service as a way for users to find a performer that looks like s specific person. Or to find performers that look like the user's favorite type of model, in an effort to engage the user with a service that closes the marketing gap between a user and their fantasy.

Another company, Naughty America, openly solicits users to upload images of girls found on Instagram and other internet destinations in an effort to find the photo's subjects in porn - or find celebrity look-alikes, girlfriend and ex-girlfriend look-alikes, or similar/specific porn performers.

If anything, a distinctive tattoo ought to be easier than face-recognition.

There are some astoundingly good concealers out there. I've known strippers (my bad... 'exotic dancers') that are COVERED in ink, but when they get on stage you'd never know they had ever even seen a tatoo needle. Creative use of lighting can also help here.

My personal opinion is, if you use concealer for your tatoos and make sure your face doesn't end up in the frame, you can always deny that it's you if someone tries to ID you by the image.

If it's something that you really want to do, I think it's relatively safe if you're being careful about what shows up in the image and how much information you make available about yourself that can be tied back to the image. Use of any one of many IP anonymizers can help here too by obfuscating where you are posting the image (or cam feed) from.

That isn't to say that someone that really knows you or someone that goes to great trouble to find out who you are won't ever be able to do it. Better mouse traps beget better mice and all that - but with some pretty basic steps to cover your tracks you make things much more difficult for any one that might have less than honorable (lol) intentions.

People are mentioning photo shop and the consquences if your employer sees you, but pretty much all photos are digital now, you don't even have to put the photo on the web yourself, take any ordinary photo of you at a party, someone posts it on facebook, one of their friends thinks you look hot, so takes a copy and posts it on hot girlfriends etc etc etc.

Someone thinks you look hot so photoshops you onto a naked body.

Hey presto naked pics of you on the net, with out you doing anything. If employers don't even need to give a reason (who thought up that wonder of an idea), then they don't even need to tell you that they have seen your pic, so you would never know.

I'm not suggesting throwing caution to the wind, but an annonymous picture is going to be very difficult to trace even if you try.

I was just wondering what's everyone's opinions of this kind of thing?

Are you allowed to do the stuff you are doing where you live (from a legal point of view)? If yes, then do what you like.

I will not disagree with the people who say it's a bad idea. From a certain point of view it is. But from a certain point of view it's also a fucking bad idea to smoke, drive a car, have unprotected sex with strangers, meet guys from the internet, ...

In the end, what causes problems is pissing someone off who is crazy/hurt enough to cause trouble. The amount of damage and trouble you have to deal with in such a case rarely depends on what you do or did, but on how crazy this person is. If you think some kinky picture on the net can cause trouble, then you never had to deal with a sexual assault charge from a rejected lover.

Back